20040613--Hersheypark meet, 1st or 2nd week of August 2004 -- feeler--INDEXED

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
It's never too early to plan a vacation! :)

I'm thinking of going to Hersheypark and riding their new unnamed as of yet coaster. It made me drool! :) It also most likely will be my 200th coaster. I have to meet a friend in Virginia the first Sunday and Monday of June, so why don't we meet the next weekend on June 11 to 12, 2004? You can help me celebrate my 200th coaster and get a chocolate fix too! If we get 20 people to ride, we can fill up our own coaster train!

So who thinks that they can attend?

I might hit these parks too while I'm up there:
Paramount's Carowinds
Dollywood
Paramount's Kings Dominion
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Paramount's Kings Island
Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom
Holiday World
Kennywood
Lakemont Park

I'm tired just thinking about it. :)

10/14 Corrected dates!

I had a defective calendar, so the meets will be tentatively planned as:

Friday, June 11. 2004: Knoebel's
Saturday, June 12, 2004: Hersheypark

Yikes. So many parks. So little time. I'm not sure that my tired old body could take so many coasters in such a short time.

I would consider it but DD graduates high school that weekend.

How about adding Dorney Park to your list of parks in the area.

We could probably make it. We like to get to Hershey once a summer. They had a small news item about the new coaster on our local news channel. You can vote from a choice of three names for it but I was half asleep when I heard it and I can't remember the web site!!!:confused:

Karen

I can't promise anything, as it's way too far away to plan. But don't count me out just yet. ;)

DW and I might be able to make it down. We made it down for a weekend meet last summer in Harrisburg. I will mention it to her.

Mike

Oooh, sounds like fun, Barry! Count us in - haven't been to HersheyPark since the boys were still in strollers. That new coaster sounds wicked!!

Sounds interesting, Barry! That's about the time frame when we're expecting to be moving to FL, though. I'll let you know if we can make it once we have a better idea of what our moving schedule will be.

We could go! I LOVE Hersheypark.

I'm only 45 minutes from Kennywood, so I could go there, too! :p

Oh, I almost forgot -- DS's school always sells discounted Hersheypark tickets in April. I could order for anyone who was interested, there's no limit and no restrictions on when you can use them -- good all season. I can't remember the exact price, but it's pretty good--I'm thinking just over half of regular gate admission cost.

zurgs might be interested Hershey is fairly close for us...

It looks like we may have a good turnout!

I might be in Knoebel's or Kennywood the day before. Also, the date may change. It's still a year away! :)

I'd definitely like to meet at Hersheypark, I've had season passes almost every year since 76' didn't get them this year but probably will next year.....could possibly do Knoebels also, I live midway between the 2 parks...Knoebels is a very nice park,,and a well kept secret..I know people less than 2 hours from knoebels that have no clue where it is...LOL

We've never been to Knoebel's, but I'd love to go. Have actually thought about it the past couple of years, and just never made it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter