20040605 Let's Party! A NEW JERSEY DIS Meet!!--INDEXED

Originally posted by WDWLVR
Andy - is that the same DISmeet sign Mark & I made that I sent you for your cruise? If so its nice to see it is still getting use! :D

Yes, Mary the very same sign, thanks again for sending it!!! :wave2:

Originally posted by Verandah Man
Yes, Mary the very same sign, thanks again for sending it!!! :wave2:

Andy - that's very cool. Do you think we can borrow it back for our December 18th cruise? I never knew that little sign would get so much life! :D

Just wanted to let everyone know that DH Harry and I had a wonderful time at the NJDISMeet yesterday. I think it could be the beginning of a few new friendships!:D Thanks Fred for all your hard work organizing this. The meet far surpassed my expectations. I am amazed at what you accomplished and realize you put alot of hard work into this meet. I'm so sorry we had to leave before the meet ended, but it was my nephew's birthday, and we already were missing half of it, and I didn't think it would fly if I told my family that I couldn't come because of a "Disney" fan gathering with folks I've never met before, LOL.:teeth: Although my nephew would have totally understood, as I've already converted him into a Disney lover and pin trader. He's 14 and I told him he's coming to our next NJDISMeet with us! We actually played trivia games at his b-day party when we got there using Lou's book that I won. Thanks Lou!! Okay, so now I'm ready for another one.:teeth: Fred, if you need any help at all with anything, let me know.

My family and I had a good time at the meet yesterday!! DH was right the stroganoff was delicious.

It was nice to finally put some faces to all those usernames.

Fred, you did a great job with everything. The prizes were awesome, the food was great and the games were fun. I was the first one to win a prize and I picked a Tinkerbell Frame, how perfect!!

Great pics everyone!!

What a great meet that was yesterday! Big thanks to Fred for all of his hard work organizing it. It was nice to meet and talk Disney with you all. I look forward to the next meet. I haven't had the chance to do anything wtih my pictures yet. As soon as I do I'll provide a link in case anyone wants to see them.

I also wanted to provide an update for anyone who heard about my husbands mishap while I was at the meet. He called me while I was at the meet to tell me he was going to the hospital. He decided to use our neighbor's hedge trimmer to trim the hedges. (ours is broken.) Somehow, while trimming the hedges he also trimmed his hand.

He was supposed to be spending some quality daddy-- daughters time with our girls until it came time for him to take one to her friend's birthday party. Instead he ended up at the ER.

When he called me he told me that it was okay -- not too bad and I should stay at the meet. When I left the meet I called him and he was being discharged. He got very lucky. He got 6 stitches in his middle finger of his left hand. He is a lefty though. The hand is hurting him some.

The nurse told him that he was very lucky because they have seen a lot worse trimmer accidents. I'm thanking my lucky stars that he's okay.

Fred, Thanks so much for the great work you did organizing the event!

I had a wonderful time meeting everyone, sorry I had to arrive late and leave early, it was just one of those days! Hopefully there's enough interest to hold another one in the not to distant future!

Anne

Andy - that's very cool. Do you think we can borrow it back for our December 18th cruise? I never knew that little sign would get so much life! :D

Of course Mary!!!

Beth, glad to hear your DH's accident wasn't as bad as it might have been, and that he is now on the road to recovery!!!

Beth, thanks for the update on DH. I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Thanks again Fred.We all had a great time.This will go down as one of the best dismeets ever.Everyone who attended were so nice, as if we knew eachother for years.Hope to see you all again real soon...John,Tanya and Meghan..

Originally posted by Jdubbs
Thanks again Fred.We all had a great time.This will go down as one of the best dismeets ever.Everyone who attended were so nice, as if we knew eachother for years.Hope to see you all again real soon...John,Tanya and Meghan..

John,

It was nice meeting you, I was happy to hear that you had a great time on your cruise. WOW!!! Come home from a Disney cruise and attend a DISmeet, can't get much better than that, unless, you got back on another Disney cruise right after the DISmeet!!!

Hi everyone:wave:

Thank you so much Fred and Renee for all the effort put into this meet. It was nice to put some faces with names and meet fellow Disers. My girls and I had alot of fun. And they are awaiting the annoucement of the next meet.

Again Fred, great job.

Laura

Thank God everything was all right with your DH, Beth! Wishing him a speedy and comfortable recovery!

So.........what is everyone doing, next weekend?? We should have another NJ-area DIS Meet! :)

Have a great day! :)

Originally posted by Verandah Man
Of course Mary!!!

Beth, glad to hear your DH's accident wasn't as bad as it might have been, and that he is now on the road to recovery!!!

Thanks Andy - maybe we should keep a record on the back of all the meets it has been too!

Thanks Andy - maybe we should keep a record on the back of all the meets it has been too!

I've had it to two DISmeets so far Mary. The first was on the 8-23-03 Magic cruise, and the second was yesterday at the 6-5-04 NJ DISmeet.

Speaking of which, I added captions to the photos that I had taken during the meet. The photos can be found here at 6-5-04 NJ DISmeet in Edison, NJ.

Andy - we made the sign for the 5/10/03 Magic Cruise. Can you add that and your dates to the back. I assume you'll also be using it on your August cruise before we use it again in December. I see it also made it on to Barry's DIS meet video. Mark will be so proud.

BTW - thanks for the credit in your photo. You didn't need to do that I was just so happy to see our little sign ::yes::

Andy - we made the sign for the 5/10/03 Magic Cruise. Can you add that and your dates to the back. I assume you'll also be using it on your August cruise before we use it again in December. I see it also made it on to Barry's DIS meet video. Mark will be so proud.

BTW - thanks for the credit in your photo. You didn't need to do that I was just so happy to see our little sign ::yes::

I just wrote the three dates, and where the meets were, on the back of the sign Mary. We might be having another NJ DISmeet either 8-7-04 or 10-2-04, after that I will get the sign back in the mail to you, so will will have it for your December cruise.

Beth,
Thanks for the update on your DH. Glad it wasn't as serious as it could have been. Great meeting you and everyone yesterday. Looking forward to another meet sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter