***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Warning: rant follows!

My travel agent is aggravating me again with a lack of responsiveness. If I sent a note on Sunday asking her about online check in and final payment (which only she can do) shouldn't I have gotten a response by now? At least an acknowledgement of my email? I know I annoy her because I have an opinion about my trip and have asked her more questions than her usual clients (she clearly likes to work with people that will want to do exactly what she plans for them) but she has a responsibility to work with even "difficult" clients like me!

She's a Disney authorized travel agent and I paid her an extra fee for her concierge services. Do I have recourse with Disney? I'm a little afraid of actually doing anything (or posting here lest she reads this somehow and figures out its me) because what if she takes revenge and cancels my trips or fast passes or ADRs (ok, I'm being paranoid). But she is making what should be a happy planning experience a really miserable and stressful one and I feel that Disney somehow needs to know.

Ok venting done!
Vent away. I don't know what the deal is with TAs and if she does it part time or full time but I often don't get to things from over the weekend til toward the end of the day monday, but I do not work on the weekend. If she is working part time that might exacerbate that. I would give her up to 48 hours before I start getting truly ticked.

that said I understand you have already had some snarky 'tude from her if you are getting the "difficult customer" vibe and that is not cool and would shorten my fuse considerably. However I am a big picture girl and I understand your worry that she might retaliate if you complain.... I would probably document everything and report her after the fact. Send her another email to say hey, just checking in on that final payment, I want to make sure it goes through. Also please see my question about online check in. I'm not sure it's the best advice but it would be what I do... suck up and deal and be done with her and let Disney know you were not happy.

it is the perfect "show up at the beginning of your BTMRR FP+ window and SM window is right after it" show. I love it too, it is classic disney... to me, not to be missed like the tiki room, pirates, carousel of progress... it gives me that warm and fuzzy "walt loves us soooo much" feeling!
Thanks to you and @LBlovesM&WDW ! :) I'll insert this right before watching FoF. :D

I would hate for you to miss out, too. When we got to MK on our MNSSHP night on Oct 2nd a little after 7pm there were already a lot of people reserving the curb on Main Street. They used blankets and strollers, mostly, to reserve their spots. If you want to sit on Main Street then I would get a spot early.
so 7pm which was my plan, lol :) which is why I was considering the party for the reserved seating because check in is 7:30 for that! see my dilemma? lol

I would hate for you to miss out, too. When we got to MK on our MNSSHP night on Oct 2nd a little after 7pm there were already a lot of people reserving the curb on Main Street. They used blankets and strollers, mostly, to reserve their spots. If you want to sit on Main Street then I would get a spot early.
@Lisa F I think based on this, we still would need to meet at Main Street by 7pm and stake out a spot large enough for us :)

EDIT: posted at the same time! :rotfl2:

@Lisa F I think based on this, we still would need to meet at Main Street by 7pm and stake out a spot large enough for us :)

EDIT: posted at the same time! :rotfl2:
lol, yeah this is what was tough with kiddo, it ends up being 90 minutes of waiting and during that time he is going to have to move/pee/eat/something that is impossible to do with just one adult lol

lol, yeah this is what was tough with kiddo, it ends up being 90 minutes of waiting and during that time he is going to have to move/pee/eat/something that is impossible to do with just one adult lol
I know what you mean. 90 mins is a long time to kill. I was planning on just sitting there and DH can take DS2 into shops to walk around. But even then it's still a lot of time... I don't know... give it a few days and I might swing another way again, LOL!

I know what you mean. 90 mins is a long time to kill. I was planning on just sitting there and DH can take DS2 into shops to walk around. But even then it's still a lot of time... I don't know... give it a few days and I might swing another way again, LOL!
if there are other kids to play with/talk to he might be just fine, which is why I was into the group idea. He could probably talk your DH's ear off for an hour about pokemon go lol. He actually relates really really well to adults (maybe better than kids)... we talked to our neighbors a lot when we were waiting in 2014.

if there are other kids to play with/talk to he might be just fine, which is why I was into the group idea. He could probably talk your DH's ear off for an hour about pokemon go lol. He actually relates really really well to adults (maybe better than kids)... we talked to our neighbors a lot when we were waiting in 2014.
LOL, that would probably work. I think the time saying hi to ppl, taking turns to go for a bathroom break, getting a snack would take a bit of time already. The hardest part of the wait will be from 7:45 to when the parade actually gets there since we most likely would need to stay in our spots by then. :D

LOL, that would probably work. I think the time saying hi to ppl, taking turns to go for a bathroom break, getting a snack would take a bit of time already. The hardest part of the wait will be from 7:45 to when the parade actually gets there since we most likely would need to stay in our spots by then. :D
yes, i might let him set off an incense and attract pokemon lol. that's good for a half hour!

even better yet, if there's a pokestop close by, set a lure! incense works better when you're walking around :P (Yes I played before) :rotfl2:
I know, I am trying to figure out where the pokestops are in the MK. But if it's the flagpole maybe we can set up near the dessert party folks lol

I've updated the Google docs file linked in my signature. It now contains pages for the following:

* ADRs needed or to cancel

* MVMCP

* Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party at HS

* Wishes Dessert Party at MK

* Illuminations Dessert Party at Epcot

Everyone can edit the document and add your name to any event nights. Just another place to have info available! :)

I added the H&V lunch for 3 on 12/8 if that is ok

I can sneak you some booze from BOG! I just need to empty my son's sippy cup! :rotfl2:

I'm not above drinking out of a sippy cup!! :drinking1

DH is into Pokémon Go too, so I imagine kiddo will be kept busy talking with his new friends :)

And also @SilSprBea I don't blame you for being annoyed with your TA. Mine is luckily responsive and nice, but she hasn't done anything for me but book the trip. I've done everything else. If anything it's more annoying going through my TA because it would have just been easier for me to pay Disney directly on their site.

Since we aren't doing JBJB or EMM or any special dessert parties and after reading about it this morning I feel like I NEED this Sleigh Ride in my life. The only day it would really fit is the first day, 12/4. We have the brunch at Trail Ends and then were supposed to head to Disney Springs for shopping and dinner at Raglan Road. Should I move the TE brunch to dinner and do brunch at Raglan Road instead?

Since we aren't doing JBJB or EMM or any special dessert parties and after reading about it this morning I feel like I NEED this Sleigh Ride in my life. The only day it would really fit is the first day, 12/4. We have the brunch at Trail Ends and then were supposed to head to Disney Springs for shopping and dinner at Raglan Road. Should I move the TE brunch to dinner and do brunch at Raglan Road instead?
Sounds like the switch would work well with if you schedule the sleigh ride :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter