Zoo Tag BOOK ONLY Progress Thread:: ALL HERE! PHOTOS on last page!!!

My fronts are done. I just need to do the back. :)

My tag is actually green on the front/orange on the back. I plan on making a pocket on the back and sliding a fold over card into it. I'll post a picture later - once we get back from my parents' pool! :) Hot one today!

I need your opinion. The tags are done, and look like the one on the left. Is it okay with everyone if they stick out at the top, or should I notch the white part out so they don't go past the top, like the ones on the right. But the back of the tag would look like the one on the left with the edges sewn, just have the notch so the tag doesn't stick up. What do you think? Leave as is or put the notch on the white part? Ignore the holes, they still have to be cut.
IMG_1183.jpg

I'm of no help because I like both ways! I love the way they turned out!!!
Great work!! Everyone is going above and beyond what I had even invisioned!!!

I, too, love them both ways. They are super cute! Funny, because, althought I am doing a pocket too, I never thought to orient it that way!

But, if you didn't notch it, I would probably notch it myself. I would be afraid of losing the card out of the top because it got caught on something. I know it is a lot of extra work to notch them.

I have an idea for the back of my tag similar to what I did for an element that I put on last year's CJ sign-in page. I don't know how it will work, but in my mind (what little I have left) it's perfect. I'm working on this tag in addition to another swap....and then counting out my primas when I get too tired of either!

OT: We had a terrible storm last night with over 6 inches of rain and the power went out right when I was going to bed. It didn't come on until mid-morning today......so I'm I'm not making much sense. Luckily, the landscaping repairs done last year prevented any flooding in my basement considering the fact that the sump pump could not work with the power out. Ugh!!:headache:

Well, I had the same idea as BAMB for the accordian fold back and I'm just going to go ahead with that if you all don't mind.

I will have to come up with another idea for my Lion in the other group, since it was very close to what PN96 is doing for this one.

For the cover, should it say Zoo or do you prefer it to have a bookplate that you can put your own title in? The other side will have space to put where/when/who information and be much more plain than the penguin tags.

PS- I really like both Zebra tags, so whatever you decide, I will be a happy girl.

I have an idea for the back of my tag similar to what I did for an element that I put on last year's CJ sign-in page. I don't know how it will work, but in my mind (what little I have left) it's perfect. I'm working on this tag in addition to another swap....and then counting out my primas when I get too tired of either!

OT: We had a terrible storm last night with over 6 inches of rain and the power went out right when I was going to bed. It didn't come on until mid-morning today......so I'm I'm not making much sense. Luckily, the landscaping repairs done last year prevented any flooding in my basement considering the fact that the sump pump could not work with the power out. Ugh!!:headache:

Goodness.. WE had a FLA storm last night..but nothing more.. came & left within 20 minutes.. Glad to hear there was no flooding!!

Well, I had the same idea as BAMB for the accordian fold back and I'm just going to go ahead with that if you all don't mind.

I will have to come up with another idea for my Lion in the other group, since it was very close to what PN96 is doing for this one.

For the cover, should it say Zoo or do you prefer it to have a bookplate that you can put your own title in? The other side will have space to put where/when/who information and be much more plain than the penguin tags.

PS- I really like both Zebra tags, so whatever you decide, I will be a happy girl.

Go ahead with the LION idea you had.. This is for the BOOK not the tags.. so not everyone is getting this lion....

As for the cover... it doesn't matter to me... :) Sorry, I'm of no help either!!!

For the front cover either is fine with me. We are not a very decicive group are we:)

OK I want a cover with no less than 5 layers, stitching, rub ons, and a great big Z for zoo.

How's that for decisive???? :rotfl2:

To be honest, I would prefer the bookplate. I don't know if all of the animals were going to be found in the same zoo on the same date. I'd rather call it something like DD's Animals.

Here is my tag. Hope it is ok. :)

47b7d626b3127cceb88bbf76b73900000026108AaN3DJi5ZMu
- Front
47b7d626b3127cceb88bbead764a00000026108AaN3DJi5ZMu
- Back
47b7d626b3127cceb88bb953b71f00000026108AaN3DJi5ZMu
- Back with card out

My battery was almost dead, so I couldn't use the flash. Sorry about that, but I think you get the idea.

ETA: I forgot to say that they are done! Phew... I am hoping to mail tomorrow!

To be honest, I would prefer the bookplate. I don't know if all of the animals were going to be found in the same zoo on the same date. I'd rather call it something like DD's Animals.

I would prefer the bookplate, too, so I could personalize it.

Cute tags, Mickster!!

Oh the tags so far are just adorable! I've got my tags cut out. I also like the bookplate idea as well. my goal is to have them all completed by Sunday.

We have had my brother in law visiting for the last few days so I've not been able to do much. He is in the army and home from Korea!! His next stop will be Texas until Christmas then he heads to Iraq for 15 months :(

Tell you DBIL THANK YOU for all he does for us!! My brother was in the Navy and served 2 tours one Afgan/ one Iraq..and my dcousin is in Iraq right now on his 2nd tour... so I know the sacrificies they make...and when they get to come home for R&R it's great to see them!!!

15 months? Yikes! :hug:

I sent my stuff today! Phew. DC 03070020000046196990 Thanks for hosting. It was fun, once I got started. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter