zip-a-de-do-dah, tip for the day

Oh, and don't jump on the internet around the time of your wake up call. We got a call from the front desk later to make sure we were ok because they couldn't get through. :)

If you ask a cm to ride on the front and they say its already been requested ask if you could get the next one. It is really worth it i have only ridden in the front to the magic Kingdom my hope is to someday do it for EPCOT as well I hear its even more awsome.

you can also ask to ride in the front of a ride (splash mountain, big thunder RR, etc). We were in line for Splash Mountain and would have been in like the 3rd row, and I said to my daughter "I want to sit up front" kidding around, and the CM heard me and said, "No problem, just stand up behind them and you'll be on the next one" I looked at him and said "REALLY??? I was only kidding!!" and he let us go up to the front!! I bought the picture!!!! My daughter had to buy a new shirt because we were so wet from the SPLASH!!

The back of big thunder rail road is better than the front bc of the engine looking thing in front. I asked for the front bc i was obsessed with the front cars on coasters but that is one coaster i will always go to the back for.

At MGM, be sure to VOLUNTEER! It makes the trip special. On the BackLot Tour, you can get VERY wet in the demonstration of the water scene in a movie. It's worth it to stay behind and volunteer for the next group--just ask, CM's are only too happy to help you into rain slickers! At Indiana Jones, you volunteer by screaming ever so loud at the beginning of the program.

VOLUNTEER to act silly!!!! It's fun.

Some of our favorite pictures from our last trip were taken at the Lego store at downtown Disney!

Remember where you parked!!! Especially with a rent car--it is sooo embarassing walking around in the parking lot of one of the theme parks trying to remember what the darn car even looked like:o

zip-a-de-do-dah, tip for the day.
On really hot days, make sure to drink pleanty of WATER!!!
:p :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

If you have a child or you dont like the mice in Honey I Shrank The Audience, feel under your chair until you find the tail and pull it out (dont break it thought). This way you dont have to worry about the mice tail hitting you

I haven't read all of the posts on this thread, so this may be a repeat. When we are in the parks both my boys carry my cell phone number in the pocket of their shorts. Just in case we should get separated, they are told to only go up to a CM ONLY and tell them they've lost their mom. That way if I can't find them right away, the CM has my cell phone number to call me. :) Knock on wood, we've never had to try this out..but I feel better just doing it. :)

Wow, there are alot of great tips on this thread!

Here's my tip:

If you are going to be at the parks int he evening, but sure to take along some bug spray. Last fall I was at MK for teh HHB (Oct. 30) and MNSSHP (Oct. 31) and did not wear bug spray. I got several mosquito bites that itched like crazy, and took 2 weeks to disapear! They bit my bare legs and thru pantyhose! Last week, i got a bite on the bottom of my foot, through my sock (where I did not spray). So, take your bug spray!

PS: The best place to raid any coster is the last seat!:D

When my daughter and I ride on Splash Mountain, we always ask for a middle seat. We have yet to get soaked, just a little splashed!

We noticed this by watching people getting off that WERE soaked from riding in the front and the back.:wave: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

If you want maximum water, get in the front seat and on the right side of the log. It's a very fun way to cool off. ALWAYS get 'fast pass' for Splash! The lines can be VERY lonnnnng.

03,00,97,95,93--Dixie
02-WL
01-AKL
98-CBR
94-PO
87-Offsite (never again)

Another Splash Mountain tip - throw your arms in the air and just scream - makes the plunge more fun and makes for a good picture.

Also: I like LEAVING for the park (being at the hotel bus stop) about 30 minutes AFTER park opening. This puts us at the park about 45 minutes after park opening, which means: a) no long lines just to get in - we never waited behind more than 2 people to get our bags checked and get through with our tickets; and b) this puts us behind the major crowd INSIDE the park, since people usually drift in the same general direction.

When going to MK on a crowded morning, and the ferry/MK monorail lines look long, take the resort monorail. You'll make stops at the Grand Floridian and Poly and end up at MK, but it beats waiting in the heat with the crowd.

Go directly to the BACK of the park and work towards the front. This general statement helps navigation. In MK, head for Splash and Thunder instead of Space. Most people are Right-handed and will head Right. The shops on Main Street are less crowded and a cool haven in the afternoon. (and you can shop without walking on people). In Epcot, I would do 2 to 3 things in FutureWorld (not Spaceship Earth), hit the countries when they open (take a friendship taxi <to the back countries>and work your way towards the entrance), THEN go to Spaceship Earth, do the other (1/2) of FutureWorld, then catch the other countries in time for PS dinner and Illuminations. At AK, walk swiftly towards the Kilimanjaro Safari, then thru the Pangani forest, over to Asia to do the Kali River Rapids and the Maharajah Jungle Trek, then to Dinoland, THEN to the Tree of Life, then to Camp Minnie-Mickey.
03,00,97,95,93--dixie
02-WL
01-AKL
98-CBR
94-PO
87--offsite

when your waiter gives you a subtle hint PAY ATTENTION (we didn't) the menu descriptions make everything sound great but..

At Coral Reef the waiter asked me "do you like spicy food?" I said "somewhat spicy" and he said "well some diners have found your choice too mild", I stuck with it (seafood alfredo I think) what he really meant was "this will be the blandest thing you have ever tasted" then at the Sci-Fi Dine In our waitress asked us "Do you want the blue cheese dressing on your chicken wraps?" we said sure and found out what she meant was "the dressing is so strong it will make your eyes water and your throat sieze"
meanwhile our teenage daughter followed the CM suggestions and got yummy salmon cakes at Coral Reef and the best grilled burger at SciFi

Just got back, and here are the best tips I have.

1: PACK WATER SHOES AND TAKE THEM INTO THE PARK.
when it rains, you will not have soaked tennis shoes and socks,...plus this will allow you to walk around while everyone else is hidding from the rain.

2: Take a clear Back Pack
there were times when we never even had to open ours for security becuse they were clear.

3: Take ponchoes for each person in the group, and one for the stroller( if you have a stroller).

4: Rent a stroller even if you don't have a child. You can use it to push around you backpacks if they are heavy (like ours are).

5: Remember to pack the large zip-locks...(for wet things, etc..).

6: write your name and hotel on your ticket. I found a ticket at universal and didn't know who to return it to. Just gave it to a worker at the hotel and asked if they could try and find them through the AAA # on the back.

7: BE CARE FREE...AFTER ALL, IT'S VACATION.

Plan on going to Cinderella's Castle for Dinner a little before start time for the fireworks. Ask the CM for a window table. You get a great view of the show, and it makes for some great memories.

Lighte

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter