zip-a-de-do-dah, tip for the day

disneyman67

<font color="blue">Can cut and paste like a champ
Heh, lets start a tip for the day forum here. It'll be fun. My first tip is - Watch the resort channel if your staying at a resort, lots of good stuff there.

If you think Animal Kingdom is a zoo, it isn't except the Safari.

Wear sunscreen, even on your ears, back of neck, and tops of feet (if wearing sandals). Or else you will be as red as this message!!

Here's another

Make a copy of all the info on back of your park tickets, incase they get lost, it'll be easier for disney to track for you..

Don't forget to visit Downtown Disney, in all the rush for the theme parks. HOB has really good food and atmosphere, and PI is worth the trip, and then some.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

This is our first trip as a family, so please forgive what may seem like a dumb question. Do you have to have a ticket/pass to get into Downtown Disney? From what I've read on the Disney web site, it looks like you do, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding something.

This web site it THE BEST! A friend told me about it and I am so glad she did. I'm learning so much valuable info from everyone!

No tickets/passes needed for dd, just bring loads of money & be ready to shop,shop,shop. THis is where we do most of our shopping. We go over at night after dinner & walk around. I love it there.

You will need a pass/ticket to enter Pleasure Island, the nightclub section of Downtown Disney, but you won't need one to enter the Marketplace (shopping area) or the Westside (restaurants/more shopping).

My tip for the day:

Don't be so strict on your schedule that you don't stop to enjoy things. If you found that you liked a certain ride/attraction/show, it's okay to skip something on your schedule to repeat that thing. Remember, it's vacation! :)

My husband and I found a FULL character autograph book on the boat ramp at EPCOT. Fortunately the girl had written her name and WDW resort and room number in the front of the book. Cast Member assured us that the child would get it back that day.

Take a look around all of the shops in the parks, but don't buy anything on impulse. Then take a trip to Wide World of Disney & buy all of the things you looked at in the parks...
Perks to this:
-If you have AP or DC you get a discount there!!
-When you buy at the parks & have it sent to the room you don't realize how much you're buying or how much your spending... but if you do it all in one place perhaps you'll realize that buying one of each shirt that you saw each park(that you will only wear in WDW anyhow!) ... & spending $100 on frames (that you probably don't have enough shelf room for anyhow!).... isn't really all necessary!! Perhaps a shirt & two frames is ok!!

I am SUCH a sucker for all things disney-- I ALWAYS buy the pictures they take & I buy stuff everywhere I go & not only do I spend a TON of money... but at the end of the trip when I open up all of the bags that I had sent back to the hotel... I have NO IDEA how I'm going to get everything back home! So do all your shopping at once & you'll know what your spending & be able to put things back becuase we ALL know that you are NOT going to return something even if you think it was an impulse buy!! AND YOU'LL SAVE 10%!!! (the price of the AP is worth it's wieght in gold with my spending habits!!) HAVE FUN!!!:D

by the way... I always watch the in room tips channel & now for the rest of the day I'll be singing zip-a-de-do-dah, tip for today!!
:D

go to the Belz Outlet mall and save ALOT of $$$$ at the Character Warehouse!!! We saw things there that we had seen in the parks that same trip and saved 50-75%!!!!:p

When you're walking around in WDW-- let the CM's take your picture - as many times as possible!! You aren't commited to buying them & you never know, you may get a beautiful picture! I love all of the ones we take ourselves, but I bought a package from epcot & got wallets & everything, I love carrying it around all the time! Plus there's nothing worse then getting home & not loving any pictures of just the two of you, because the random guy who you asked to take the picture cut your heads out of it!!!
Everyone loves my epcot picture so much that my mom had it made into a mouse pad for us!!

SAY CHEEEESE!!!!:teeth:

Originally posted by jimmybop
best tip of all:
SMILE!!!!!:D :teeth:

Excellent idea. It amazes me how many grumpy/unhappy people I see at WDW. Very sad.:(

You can also ask wandering CM's to take your picture. They will also help to keep people back when you are taking a picture.

I agree with the tip to smile. I was just there, and saw too many people that did not realize this was the happiest place on earth.

As for my addition, look for hidden mickeys! My wife & I got the book, and this was a great way to past the time. Many of the mickeys are in the waiting lines, and that made for a great time killer.

A couple of times, cast members would ask to look at the book, and they were amazed at some of the mickey locations (especially since most of the ones they looked at were at the places they worked).

Some of the mickeys are easy to spot, others you really need to keep your eyes opened, but either way, it made our trip more enjoyable.

carry an extra pair of socks and a small first aid kit. BLISTERS!!
it cud be just a few bandaids and ointment.

In addition to taking the professional pictures around all the parks, ask the photographer to take a picture with your camera. They never mind and are usually in great picture taking locations. I do that all the time and find that they take much better pictures then most of the guests we've asked to take shots for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter