Zeta Expedition Everest Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tishke

*Zeta Girl Forever* I am old, lame, hate fun and l
Welcome Zetas :)

In this thread we can discuss meeting times and some basics (we'll keep strategy to PMs- a girl has to have her secrets ;) )

We have some orders of business to take care of:

1. We need two captains. One captain to direct the ride building portion, and one captain to direct the aesthetic portion. The captains should be organized, and be willing to take suggestionsfrom others as this is a team competition. I know the Zeta aren't like that, but I wanted to put that out there.

2. We need a name. Since we can't say Zeta......let's put those creative thinking caps on.

3. We need to figure out a way to discuss strategy....maybe an email chain, or split into two groups: ride and decoration and send PMs within that group and allow the team leaders to be the go between of both?

Let's hear some ideas ladies!!

Our current roster:
Tigressjewel
RoxanneFF
VirtuallyMe
Twirlergirl
Purple Goddess' Beta Self
Patchy
DisAeryn
ZetaMagic
RedoAgain
Maltoo
Tishke
MickeysMagic

We sit at 12 members, so that leaves room for 8 more for the contest. We can split up into 2 teams of 10.

PS. List if you would rather work on the ride or the rooms. I'm not a ride builder (I'm barely a ride rider) so I know that I am much better suited for the room section....don't be shy about what you can or can't do, we're all in this together! :grouphug:

We have to list one person as team captain to vmk so is that going to be you Tishke? We also have to list all the team members vmk name when we register. I reccomend not posting that here since some girls have said they will enter as their secret self and if we post it here, we will reveal them. When you say two team captains within our 20 girl team, you mean for our own purposes right, not the official captain we are reporting to vmk? I hope no one will be left out, I know we have more than 20 zetas in this round so two teams registering might be an option too. The ideal would be to enter as one team, but the important thing is that we work together and have some fun!
I'm thinking on some fun creative names that describes us well, but I'm going to try them out in vmk before I post. Never know what you can really say!
I'm excited! I know another zeta girl (hi roxane :wave2: ) who is too! :goodvibes

I'd like to be in on the ride building side of things.I can decorate too, but building is more fun for me. I have been very excited about this and can't wait!

tigressjewel said:
We have to list one person as team captain to vmk so is that going to be you Tishke? We also have to list all the team members vmk name when we register. I reccomend not posting that here since some girls have said they will enter as their secret self and if we post it here, we will reveal them. When you say two team captains within our 20 girl team, you mean for our own purposes right, not the official captain we are reporting to vmk? I hope no one will be left out, I know we have more than 20 zetas in this round so two teams registering might be an option too. The ideal would be to enter as one team, but the important thing is that we work together and have some fun!
I'm thinking on some fun creative names that describes us well, but I'm going to try them out in vmk before I post. Never know what you can really say!
I'm excited! I know another zeta girl (hi roxane :wave2: ) who is too! :goodvibes

Yes, the two captains are for within the group. So we know who to go to about ride structure, and who to go to about decor. I'll enter the team in VMK, if everyone agrees. I don't want to assert myself as the leader when I know squat about building a ride :rolleyes: I don't want to step on toes, either.

LOL I'm a little better on the decorating side than building side- I know my river ride started off pretty basic and I added to it later- but had a design look for the room with other items before I started lol

Who was the first to suggest a zeta team- that should be our official captain who submits to VMK...

I do like the two teams and would suggest that once we get a general design that we put teleporters in the different rooms that link one to the other so that we can go from room to room even if people aren't on line... leaves out the guessing about what is happening in a room lol- we can always take those out later...

Names...

Expedition Sea Star (yes I know we can now say sister but...)
Expedition Orange Flips
Expedition Minute Cake
Expedition Fairy Dust (can't say pixie- of course we could always use pic sea)
Expedition Dis Sisters

Okay I will actually put some thought into others lol...

Strategy discussion- we can look into pm's or even IM's I'm on yahoo and aol for those- and actually use trillian which allows for others too like ICQ and MSN... that may help too or a few dis chats set up would help... even a yahoo group is easy to set up and fairly easy to manage and has chat capabilities as well

Tigressjewel was our Zeta of the Week who came up with the idea :thumbsup2 Or shall we call her Capt. Tigress? ;)

The Google Groups idea sounds promising....can we make it private? How do we set it up?

I would prefer to join the team as my "true" self, rather than my alter ego. I was logged into the DIS as my Zeta self when I posted yesterday, gr. My other half has more credits ;) Once we choose teams and captains, I will have to reveal my true identity, LOL.

I really liked the names the VirtuallyMe has started listed. I choose a couple of hers and combined them into one. How about: Sea Stars Orange Glow Expedition??

I am willing to decorate and/or build. I am probably not very good and either ;)

I really like Expedition Sea Stars with Expedition Orange Flips as a good second.

I'm up for either an AIM chat, ICQ or MSN chats, just let me know where & when to show up :)

I just wanted to take my name OFF the list of possible Zetas who might want to build.
But I don't mind unofficially helping if you need it.

Don't forget the following.

Base camp will need to be the room of your Captain!
you need to be able to put BASE CAMP in the room name of the first room
so go back and read the rules on naming and rooms titles

And NO DICTIONARY DANCING to "pic sea" might get you girls into trouble, so might "dis sisters".

Not that my vote counts but I like the first 3 of VirtualMe's suggestions. I was actually thinking of the first one myself for you guys.

Oh, try using AIM or whatever to do your chatting for this. It is a lot faster than PMs. I'm not sure what the group size is for a room chat but I am sure you guys can figure it out.

Just don't try and book the one on the Dis Boards...you might have ppl join the chat who are spies for other teams :lmao:

OK...that's my 2 cents and then some.

Happy planning!

wdwr

Tishke said:
Welcome Zetas :)

Our current roster:
Tigressjewel
RoxanneFF
VirtuallyMe
Twirlergirl
Purple Goddess' Beta Self
Patchy
DisAeryn
ZetaMagic
RedoAgain
Maltoo
Tishke
MickeysMagic
We sit at 12 members, so that leaves room for 8 more for the contest. We can split up into 2 teams of 10.

Woot! This sounds great!! Count me in :woohoo:
I can do whatever :)

Setting up a yahoo group (I've never done google groups) is a breeze- I have several myself and have no problem setting one of those up...

It has lots of features like being able to upload files and pictures too so that could make idea sharing easier that way.

You can make them very private- with invite only joining and make it not show up in the directory- which is how I have most of my groups for Girl Scouts so they do not just show up- down side is if someone who needs on the group can't find it- they must go through someone else to get there...

Best thing about a group is that you can send a message to everyone and everyone can get any responses- but if they are worried about lots of email they can set the group setting to just read off the internet, digests of 25 messages, individual messages, or special notices (which is no mail except from moderators)

The only thing some people don't like is having to set up a yahoo id (not email address) but I've seen these done without having to be accurate on the information given- but by having a yahoo id you can access the group- not having a yahoo id- restricts you to just sending and receiving emails from the group... which may not be a problem-

If you are interested- everyone can send me a pm with their email addresses and I can create a group and add them to it...

Like someone said- aol's aim is probably best for chat- and easiest on those with limited download capabilities because you can chat on aim express which runs off their own website and nothing is downloaded to your computer.

I love expedition Fairy Dust could we add Orange to it???

Expedition Fairy Dust Orange maybe?

Dictionary dancing is a no no per the rules...they private group thing sounds cool!

Mal

I'm a girl without a team. I would like to participate.

I can offer a heckuva large budget for shopping for a ride, but since
I've never even made a river, I would need lots of input. :)

If there's still room, may I join?

Ok, After pm'ing back and forth with Tishke and her promise to help, I agree to be the captain of our team. I figure with such a great, creative and involved group of ladies it ought to be a piece of cake!
I also am very familiar with yahoo groups and have used MSN groups a little. They are very similar so I decided to set us up at MSN. The main reason I picked it is that you don't have to have an msn email to join. The group is invite only, unlisted, all members approved by moderator. I will send the link in pm to everyone who is on the team so far.

Here are things we will need to be thinking about:
The rules state that we have to register all the room names when we register our team, so that does put a little bit of a crunch on things. We have a little under two weeks to:
Finalize team members
Name our team
Decide on general theme/flow/story?
Name every room
Once we all get joined up on the group we can seriously strategize. This is so awesome, I can't wait to hear and see what this awesome group can do! :woohoo:
Who is going to volunteer as ride building captain and decorating captain?

Is there a limit to the team title, like 30 characters. That's all the room title can be. I wonder if the team titles can be longer?

Name the Team Suggestion-

Everest Project: Orange Yeti
Everest Project: Yeti Sea Stars
Everest Project Orange

I'm sending a PM to Tishke with ideas. I have a question. I have company coming during the competition. Would I have to be present?

I have some ideas too...

Also wdwr, is right "Base Camp" has to be in the title and with only 30 characters, we are going to be a bit more limited...

Base Camp Sea Stars is 19 characters
Base Camp: Expedition Sea Stars is 31 :( unless you took out the space or the colon

Just some other things to think about, the ride has to be open to all players during judging hours... which is pretty much is a long day that Saturday and Sunday. We need to make sure at least one of us is around to monitor base camp and ideally two in case one person disconnects and we need to think teleporters!!!!

Once the group is set up which should discuss everything in detail more privately!

Go Sea Stars, woot!

Oh I would love to join, if there is still room.
I have never built a ride, but have lots of credits and stuff to decorate with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter