Your overall experience with the Pirate Quest was...

Your overall experience with the Blackheart Quest was...

• Pleasant

• Unpleasant

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just wanted to add that while I found the experience unpleasant, I thought the quest tasks themselves were the best I have seen. It was a VERY fun quest task wise. Very creative in itself. Just poorly ran.

I probably could have voted either way on this poll :rotfl:

The team work I witnessed will probably be the prominent thing I remember the most, so I chose pleasant.

Major mixed feelings about this whole thing.

No real complaints about the Quest, VMK meant it to be challenging and it was. My two major complaints were about not enough resources to adequately support being able to play pirates for the Quest and the last minute notification that the quest would end at 12. I did send a message via Contact Us about this.

I was able to finish with the help of a lot of my friends and it felt good to be able and return the favor and help others pass Pirates and to see them be able to finish also.

I completely agree, and I also sent a message via Contact Us since I was in school when they gave the short notice, which is particularly annoying to me.

My experience with the quest was terrible! I could have had more credits than I ever have had in my life. :sad: I guess i should get used to being poor. I feel really dumb when i see so many ppl with there 100's of thousands of credits. I can barely get to 20k. Oh well.

I hated the quest! I spent hours trying to get past pirates, when i got to mansion i thought 75 ghosts, no biggie. I've gotten way past that before, until i realized other players didn't count when you caught them. All hope was lost.

Vmk really is making me mad, at least i have good friends though, who spent so much time trying to help me make it through the quest, even though i didn't quite make it to the finish. Thanks guys anyway! I would leave vmk if i didn't have you!

I probably could have voted either way on this poll :rotfl:

The team work I witnessed will probably be the prominent thing I remember the most, so I chose pleasant.

Yea, you know your popular so of course you will get in a good group. Then there is us who no one really knows and cant find a group

Worst weekend I have ever seen in VMK :headache:

Yea, you know your popular so of course you will get in a good group. Then there is us who no one really knows and cant find a group

What's worse is how I kept crashed after waiting a line of 30 players that seems to move 4 players every hour.. VMK needs more lobbies AND games..

i got so anoyed with this quest, and i lost sleep and time over it.
Very Very Hard Quest!:headache:

Same with me. It was my worst experience with vmk. Sitting in line for a pirates lobby for an hour and then finally being able to start a game and then crashing. If there wasnt so much of this I could have completed the quest.:sad2:

Finally after three days of helping others I get the help to make it past Pirates ( The Night Mare at Question 16) Thank you to Will,Fox, Belle,Coaster {and friend} Prince, LadyB.
And VMK closes. I go to work to come home and get on to finish it Only to find out that VMK has stopped the quest. Not only am I upset about this but so are my two boys- Yes VMK they are upset They are the age group that this game is for and they could not play it becasue it is too hard for them. Shame on you for not making levels of Pirate quest { like you did with the car quest.} Not only Do I feel sick at getting cut off. But both my boys even through they are in the age group for this game so not have the skill level to finish it by themselves. Boo on you because you did not have the forsight to avoid the heartache and tears that you brought on to these kids and all others who love this game

princess: :rotfl: :wizard:

The people who got the prizes, DUH. :rotfl2:

I got the prizes. But only after ditching work today so I could finish.

Overall, I would say unpleasant. Watching so many struggling through pirates was painful. Some managed it with few problems. Others would have never managed it without getting really good groups helping them over and over.

While I typically like a challenge, I don't like things that are darn near impossible.

I also hated having to see so many people not being able to finish because some people got panicky about the amount of people actually finishing.

I believe that they never really expected more than 5% of the population to actually finish. And almost everyone of them would be older teens or adults.
Not the kids this game was originally intended for.

I finished it, but it was horrible. My kids did NOT get finished, and the little one got frustrated and said she didn't want to play VMK anymore. She says webkins games are more fun and easier and she wants to play webkins now.

I noticed a few people with many of the new magic. If you had a good system going, and were home all weekend (I had the system, but only had web access for a few hours all weekend, including Monday), you could mule several times. Those folks will now get richer and richer with the TDM and the rest of the players will never catch up.

I hate to say this is the worst thing VMK has ever done, because I've probably said that about 3 or 4 other things, but if it isn't the worst, it's darn close to it.

If there are no repeats of the mega-quest, and those prizes never come out again, I will probably look back on this as the biggest abortion in VMK's 2 1/2 years.

I mean, seriously, why is the crap (Hannah Montana, HSM, T*witches) up forever, while the choice stuff is rush rush rush and next-to-impossible.

Your exactly right!:thumbsup2

I personally call me lucky on the aspect of managing to end the quest, I got a good group the third day and I am not someone popular far from behind, I think Ive lost friends over the week end but I finished the quest because someone ditched me and the person who helped me to form group on the second day (we both lost around 8 hours trying to help someone and some of his friends who never helped us back and came back to us when we were passed with the pirate task), we managed to end it on Monday, I am glad that 5 of the group of 6 managed to end the quest and I am sorry for cat. The things I liked about that quest were the teamworking, the fact to try to help people to get the quest completed, the way the quest was done (on the story point of view), to beat that quest [Pleasant aspect of it]. The lag and the crash and mostly the way VMK decided to close the quest made me mad. [Unpleasant aspect of it]
Overall still unpleasant because VMK is unfair and they always need to break the fun, a game is a game not something to be taken so like they do, awesome image of Disney (irony of course), just sad VMK ..

How true! I found the quest to be the worst thing ever on VMK.

-a select few really only stood a chance to complete

-these select few used mules and won multiple times, clogging up games where people were trying to complete it for the first time

-these select few now have a huge amount of rare and multiple TDM to increase their bounty....dream ears?????? :confused: :headache: (just about the only rare thing I owned)

-the vast majority of these select few were adults, for a game that is supposed to cater to children

-children and adults spent days on this quest. I'm sorry, but no one should play any game for more than a couple hours a day....get some sunshine people.

-people were scammed, ridiculed, and taken advantage of.

Shame, shame, shame, VMK.

I know I'm the minority, I play because it is a thing my children and I can share. Luckily I drew the line on Friday, and didn't allow my kids on VMK the entire weekend. I already had my eldest (and best VMK player) in tears, I didn't need to see my other three upset.

I think it taught my family a valuable lesson. (something we saw a hint of during dream month) There is a large privileged clique that rules VMK.

The people who voted pleasant were all wins, how ironic on the DIS board, where these people could communicate outside the game (values?) and have a greater chance at winning the game.

I would love to have this question posted somewhere on the VMK board. I think you would see the vast majority of people thought it was unpleasant.

I'd say a bit of both. The Unpleasant parts were losing some of the mini-games (Pirates mostly). The pleasant part was finally winning after playing for three days @_@.

I could not choose. My first thought was unpleasant. But then I look at the many people who put their lives and family lives on hold to help many others and many they did not even know.

The major encouragement from all team member, the tears the laughter, the groan of the agony of defeat. The despair we felt as a team when a player had tried 6 times and still hade not made it. But not giving up still trying to get them past #16 and they did woot!

The physical stress on the body that made people truly ill. Not good. And hearing mules were played no matter what your reason I too helped all weekend but never ever considered playing a mule to win a prize when too many had not got it once. That meant taking up sometimes to an hour of playing time. But have no issue with a whole family winning because that was one quest prize per main character.

I did play my mules but only to help other players two teams at once on two different computers:lmao: Because I had promised to help my friends.

So I sit in the middle. I think really if mules had not won prizes I may have made it a 6.

so my vote 50%

Overall, I liked it. I don't mind working hard for something I really want. The problem is, something that is a challenge for one person is completely impossible for someone else. That's just the way it is. That's why I don't have 2-star green car magic.

I also really enjoyed hanging out with friends while we were trying to help other people through. It was an emotional rollercoaster at times but overall very rewarding.

I thought the tasks in the quest itself were very creative. I like the way they had the NPCs giving you clues. Everything followed the storyline very well. The prizes were incredible.

My only real complaint is the ending. I don't like that they ended it at noon today and we only found out about it through hosts leaking the info last night. I'd love to know the thinking behind that decision.

:thumbsup2

The option I would have chosen if it were there is 'somewhere in the middle' of both.

I did not find the quest itself unpleasant, only the fact that VMK brought all of it's lag and long queues along with it, knowing we would all get dc a bazillion times trying to complete that one task.

I really did enjoy working together with my friends to make this happen for us as well as all of the kids and other peeps that asked for our help. It is a shame that we could not get to more. :hug:

I know a lot of people are upset about the difficulty and I do not blame them. VMK did say this would be difficult, however and it is clear that they did not intend for everybody to win.

The two things I am still not thrilled about is 1)VMK chosing to punish everybody because "somebody" figured out a way to cheat the system. Ban the ppl that are taking advantage and allow the rest to enjoy the game. pirate: 2)Putting such an enticing quest out there for 3.5 days knowing their servers could not handle it.

An after thought I had....

As for it being a kid game..... When VMK releases something like this, we all hoot and hollar that this was designed as a kids game for 8-14 year olds. When VMK drops it down a notch and adds all of the "get your picture with the host" events and releases cheap silly things, many of the same ppl complain that a lot of adults play,the events are "lame" and you have lost interest. Perhaps VMK did not create this quest for the kids, but instead the adults that wanted more of a challenge so that Toontown/Hunchback/Mardi Gras/Joker month would not be such a let down. They did put two quests out there. ;)

I finished the quest and would have to vote overall unpleasant experience. But what I loved about the quest was seeing ppl come together to help. I really met some awesome ppl this weekend.

I must say that I am taking slight offense to the mentions of people's popularity, cliques, and have/have nots as a major factor in completing the quest.

I have been on DIS for some time and NOBODY knows me. Before this weekend I had less than twenty ppl on my friend list and only about four of them were dis members. I managed to finish the quest by messaging the ppl on my list and seeing if they were interested in teaming up. The friends who joined brought their friends until we got enough people. We stuck together and we all made it through.

We worked our butts off to finish and stayed around to help tons of others. I am not popular or in a clique and I finished. So this quest was definitely an opportunity for the have-nots to finally have.

I must say that I am taking slight offense to the mentions of people's popularity, cliques, and have/have nots as a major factor in completing the quest. ... I managed to finish the quest by messaging the ppl on my list and seeing if they were interested in teaming up. The friends who joined brought their friends until we got enough people. We stuck together and we all made it through.

But for people who did not have the benefit of, for lack of a better word, membership in a clique, the ability to do this was hit and miss. I started with several groups in which ppl would bail out after winning, or say, "Oh, plz, stay one more time bc I have to leave for [whatever]" and then we'd help that person and be down to four or five. With your friends and assembled teams of strangers, you had to get lucky and find five people who would honor their promises. If you had a group, e.g., from DIS, people were accountable to each other.

I got through for no reason other than two friends from here and one other board helped get three of us through after they were already wearing the silver ears.

[I was also hampered by the fact that I was only able to play for a short period of time from a hotel room in Puerto Rico, but that's another story.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter