Your overall experience with the Pirate Quest was...

Your overall experience with the Blackheart Quest was...

• Pleasant

• Unpleasant

Results are only viewable after voting.
Terrible. im sure more then half the people who tried it couldn't get past pirates.

Heartbreaking at many points, and a punch to the stomach at the end.

I can only thank they many that helped me, and feel good that I stuck to my word to help others. I hope that I can come out of this feeling good about that and able to continue on in VMK. I just don't like the way they ran this quest.

Terrible! I got past the pirates task but they just had to end the stupid quest in the middle of the crappy day!

Overall, I liked it. I don't mind working hard for something I really want. The problem is, something that is a challenge for one person is completely impossible for someone else. That's just the way it is. That's why I don't have 2-star green car magic.

I also really enjoyed hanging out with friends while we were trying to help other people through. It was an emotional rollercoaster at times but overall very rewarding.

I thought the tasks in the quest itself were very creative. I like the way they had the NPCs giving you clues. Everything followed the storyline very well. The prizes were incredible.

My only real complaint is the ending. I don't like that they ended it at noon today and we only found out about it through hosts leaking the info last night. I'd love to know the thinking behind that decision.

I really hate VMK now. I wonder how many lives they ruined all because of this stupid quest.

Overall, I liked it. I don't mind working hard for something I really want. The problem is, something that is a challenge for one person is completely impossible for someone else. That's just the way it is. That's why I don't have 2-star green car magic.

I also really enjoyed hanging out with friends while we were trying to help other people through. It was an emotional rollercoaster at times but overall very rewarding.

I thought the tasks in the quest itself were very creative. I like the way they have the NPCs giving you clues. Everything followed the storyline very well. The prizes were incredible.

My only real complaint is the ending. I don't like that they ended it at noon today and we only found out about it through hosts leaking the info last night. I'd love to know the thinking behind that decision.

Word for word, that's my feeling exactly.

Though I do feel really bad. I've seen so many people pass the pirates task. It didn't hit me until now, seeing all the rants, that not everyone who passed the pirates task actually finished the quest and I hate that VMK ended it at noon for no explainable reason. I don't think any explanation they could give could possibly be good enough.

People, don't flame me, but...
I'd say that my experience was more pleasant than unpleasant. I decided that I wasn't going to be able to pass the quest after seeing the high scores needed for Pirates and Jungle Cruise, so I spent my time helping others at the Haunted Mansion game. It was really fun for me to give assistance to some players I've never met before, and I got the credits from Haunted Mansion. I'm just glad that I saved myself the heartache of trying to complete what is for me, near-impossible. It was a difficult choice for me though, as I hate being a "quitter".
My two cents.
TikiKrissy

Just awful. With the exception of meeting some great DISers and playing together and helping others get through it all just sucked. I got so frustrated spending hour after hour in front of the computer and never advancing past task 16. Not to mention all the dashed hopes after just missing the pirates score by 7 points :(

Very very very very very very very unpleasant.

I hope VMK NEVER MAKES THIS MISTAKE AGAIN!

Really. Challenging is okay, but impossible without a message board, and a
big thought out strategy, is not. Pirates Ship Battle is not in any way meant to
be played the way you need to get "575". Only the people on message boards
could do this quest. And half of the people even on message boards still couldn't
do it.

Very poor planning. 50+ lines to get in the pirates lobby and then it crashes
when you start is what happened saturday and sunday. Heck, the lobbies still
had lines on monday and I don't know about tuesday morning(was at school!)

What about the new players? Heelllloooooooo VMK. Disney is supposed to
bring peeps together. What did they just do? They rewarded about 1000k
worth o' stuff to only the most experienced and elite members of VMK. That
just completely finishes off the separation of the "rich" and "poor".

This quest was virtually impossible unless you had a lot of friends to help you along the way with the games. The high scores otherwise were outrageous for an individual to beat. I attempted to try several times Saturday and Sunday but finally realized I was not going to be able to complete it and gave up and never even logged in Monday. It's really enough to deflated a person to the point I'm about to take a break from VMK all together because I figure the Haves just have more and the Have Nots just have less. The only thing keeping me are the wonderful people I've met along the way.
Also, Does anyone else wonder if maybe those credits in the pirate quest were so high because they are going to release carpet magic and it's going to be an astronomical amount so then again the only ones that will be able to buy it will those that complete the pirate quest?

It was unpleasant - because of task 16 (will that number be burned in all of our brains?) Trying to get on a team, when I was 3 days late to the "party".

However, there are some new diser's that are on my friend list, that I hope stay on my list.

Pleasant in that you really had to work as a team instead of as an individual. I met many new people these past few days, just like I did in Dreams month. It was nice to see people who never met before helping others out. I like to be challenged and the quest offered that. I liked having a quest with never before released items.

What I found most unpleasant was VMK ending it at noon today. Many stayed to help the rest of their team get through in pirates and were rewarded by the quest ending midday. So many of us who finished were out there playing pirates and mansion to help others get through too. Finding out many of those we had helped did not finish because of this surprise deadline upsets me a lot.

I also did see some rude behavior on the docks these past few days. I saw numerous players just hanging out, dancing, and doing magic just to fill the rooms and create lag. When we asked them nicely to stop, they wouldn't. One said get a faster computer. Some said we can do what we want. And one was stupid enough to openly admit to what she was doing. Hmm, I wonder if she's still playing or if 'contact us' took care of her.

The rich become richer and the poor stay poor.

I also thought VMK would have made this at least fair to new players too. Im sure they would want cool new stuff to have. I want to know the exact amount of players who beat this quest. And I would want to know what amount were adults, and what amount were kids. I would laugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter