• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thank you to all for the great e-bay information. I kept thinking e-bay was for other people, but finally gave it a shot and earned $600 in ten days that is going in our Disney fund. I would not have doneit without the posts of others.

Second this may be on one of the other pages but I did not recall seeing it. Did you know that you can go to US postal service at www.usps.com and order envelopes, boxes and tape for free? You do have to send the items priority mail to use the boxes, etc. but I have found that priority is often just a few cents more than parcel post and if I can get free shipping supplies and use the paypal shipping label service that just makes life easier.

Thanks again::MinnieMo
I am heading to Disney World on Saturday to spend earnings WHO HOO

Has anyone used u-pic for insurance? I just found out about it. I like the idea of not having to run my insured packages to the post office, but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback, good or bad about the service.

re: a charity auction

I would think it would be OK to put in your description that the auction is to benefit charity.

I bought a high dollar item on e-bay that was part of a charity auction - I probably paid more than I would normally have paid - partially because it was for a charity I support and partially because the auction stated that winning bidder would receive a receipt for tax purposes.

I don't care for the auctions that plead with you to bid high because they are trying to raise money for college expenses, pet treatments, etc.

I'm very confused about selling. I have only ever bought on ebay. Today I registered to be a seller. The first odd thing is that when I clicked "sell" and the register page came up, there was someone else's info already there. I was already signed in with my ebay membername and password. I was hesitant but went ahead and deleted the name, addy, and phone for the person that was there and filled in my info. The next page was another verification and again the other person's name was filled in. I again deleted and filled in my info with my bank debit visa and checking acct number as required. The page came back with a message that my cc had been verified and approved (not sure what that means exactly).

Then what? Everytime I tried to click on 'sell' to actually list anything, I kept getting put back to the verify checking acct and cc or debit card. I did fill it out a second time just in case but I still cannot get to the listing area. What the heck is going on? Also, my bank is now showing two charges for $1 each and I'm wondering if that is the verification charge, although it says there is no charge. I'm confused and also a bit nervous considering the strange name in my ebay info and I'm trying not to panic thinking some guy can get my checking number now. Any suggestions?

I was just checking my feedback, to see who had left feedback, so I can inturn leave it for them. One of the feedbacks left was for an item that hasn't even been paid for or sent. I freaked out for a bit because i had just filed a NPB alert for the item.

Has anyone had this happen? Had feedback left for them for an item that hasn't even been paid for yet?

To the last post - yes, I had someone leave me feedback (positive) the day after the auction ended as to how convenient of a transaction it was. ???? Don't you want to actually see the item first and make sure its ok? Evidently not.

In regards to the multiple emails - there was something out there - they are not valid and I don't remember if they were farming for addresses or if there was a link that took you to a password catcher or if it was a virus - I just know there was something funny with these and you weren't supposed to do anything with them.

In regards to the books - I often ship books etc via media mail and use the Shipping Asst to do the DC for .13. From my area of the country it is normally no more than a week for delivery. I am only waiting on one media item to Washington (from Wisconsin here) that was sent on the 24th and has not arrived yet. Media Mail provides an excellent alternative, especially if they are not in a major rush to receive it.

Snowglobes - delivery of the Priority Items is very quick and you can receive all sorts of sizes that the PO does not carry standard in the 'store'. (At least in the small towns like mine). Except for the media items and things like postcards where I use bubble mailers, I normally use Priority as a default. I am afraid I do upcharge slightly to cover time, etc. $3.85 is normally $5 and $5.85 is usually $6.50 - you get the idea. I have had no complaints yet - a couple have asked for regular mail shipping which I do as long as I calc enough to cover the bubble mailer & DC on the package (if eligible - must be 3/4 inch thick I believe).

Originally posted by sandy3550
Is the email account that you are receiving these the same email account that you have for these boards? The reason I'm asking is because I have been getting several emails with viruses/day (like 3-4 a day). I had my email address on my user cp available to be seen. These are the only boards I frequent, so I don't know how else my email addy would have gotten out. My DH & I were discussing it last night & I went to check it & changed it to where it is not able to be seen & I hope that the messages will soon stop (already had 3 more virus emails today). Thank Goodness for Norton Anti-Virus! Does anyone else have any ideas as to how email addresses can be obtained? Sandy

Yes, it is the same email as I use here. I cannot recall if mine is visible but I usually uncheck that option. How can I tell? BTW, got another one yesterday and one this morning too. These two I sent off to spoof@ebay just to see what they'll say. Also, if I click on the link referred to in the email , it doesn't work but gives varying error messages. I don't think it contains a virus because my antivirus would indicate that and it hasn't. I did get a different email with a virus in it yesterday and was notified. Oh, and based on the suggestion above, I did reply to one of them but have not gotten any response (as yet).

Originally posted by cpl100
Yes, it is the same email as I use here. I cannot recall if mine is visible but I usually uncheck that option. How can I tell? BTW, got another one yesterday and one this morning too.
Go up to the top of this page & click on User CP Then go to Edit Options, scroll down to where it says hide email address & click it to yes. HTH. I haven't gotten an email today (knock on wood). Sandy

Other than clothes what do you all sell on ebay?
I mean household extras only go so far then what do you sell?
Just curious, have thought about doing this for some time but could never figure out what to do after all my junk is gone.

Thanks,
Sharon

Thank you. I've gone and hidden my address. Let's see if this does anything for my 'issue'.

I read a lot of your posts saying that your auctions have ended and you got your starting bid on things. I always start my auctions out at $1.99 Except on clothes, I've had excellent luck with this. Would I be better off to price my clothes higher (around the price I want for them) or is it better to start them at a low price?

Originally posted by Madi100
Would I be better off to price my clothes higher (around the price I want for them) or is it better to start them at a low price?
IMHO, never put a low starting bid, unless you are willing to accept that as you final price. I always start my bidding at what I would be 'happy' with if it sold for that. Of course I always would love to have it end higher, but many times it doesn't.

There are things that I am "just trying to get rid of" so a $.99 starting bid is okay, because if I get the $.99 I will be okay with it, because otherwise I would just have thrown it away.

half.com question:

I just sold my first item on half.com. When do I ship? I'm on board with direct deposit and won't get paid until the 15th. Do I wait for pyment or ship asap?

Nevermind :rolleyes: I found the answer on the page I printed. It states to ship tomorrow. They only give you a day?

I was just checking my feedback, to see who had left feedback, so I can inturn leave it for them. One of the feedbacks left was for an item that hasn't even been paid for or sent. I freaked out for a bit because i had just filed a NPB alert for the item.

Has anyone had this happen? Had feedback left for them for an item that hasn't even been paid for yet?

Yes i have had this happen and am wondering if it is to throw me off thinking maybe i overlooked them paying????I just file my NPB and if i dont get my money i blacklist them from ever bidding on my items again!

Other than clothes what do you all sell on ebay?
I mean household extras only go so far then what do you sell?
Just curious, have thought about doing this for some time but could never figure out what to do after all my junk is gone.

Thanks,
Sharon

I buy items from a wholesaler and sell that and i also go to yard sales and thrift shops and buy items to resell.Also i go to the mall and shop the clearance racks and yes i have to sit on items at times but when the season rolls back around i triple my money back!;)

Boy am I glad I finally got off my butt and started selling! My first week of items I made over $50. WOOHOO!!!! This was just stuff that had been sitting in a box since our last garage sale, now it is $$$ in my Disney fund! Just need to get it ready to send out tomorrow as most of the items have been paid for already. Gotta love paypal. Well that is until I get tired of paying their fees LOL.

To anyone still wondering if this is worth it I didn't find it as hard as I thought or as time consuming. Get selling!

Okay- all 21 auctions are done...........and my total for this last week was................ready for this???................

are you sure???????????

Okay...................................

Not including shipping/handeling which I do charge more than the actual shipping amount. I did get burned on one shipping charge, I weighed it wrong..my own fault- lost $2.00 on it... but thats okay!

So- there ya have, it...cost me 11.45 in ebay fee's, and about 2 hours total of my time, for listing, invoicing, and post office etc...

must say I'm worth $100.00 per hour!

Brandy

Good job!!!! Nice total mudnuri!!!

CPL100 - Check your programs etc and just make sure nothing has been installed on your PC that you don't want. This is how our friend had his identity stolen - he clicked on one of the ebay or paypal (can't remember which but I believe paypal) emails without thinking (we had already had a discussion on not doing this!!!) and what it did do was install a keystroke grabber on his PC. Next day or two they had started listing huge auctions under his name because they could monitor all of his PW's and keystrokes. Since the PC was about 5 years old he just unplugged from the Net and gave it to his kids - bought a new PC and had to change all his info.

I'm not trying to scare you or anyone else but this is one of the reasons you don't ever want to even click on one of the links unless you know it is valid.

mudnuri--

Nice job!

I did about $175 for 10 days worth of auctions. Yes, those shipping charges will kill you sometimes.

I may start listing my summer stuff this week. I've got two/three Ladies Lands end nightgowns./sleepwear. They are new, and I nver wore them!

My sons outgrown suit went well, same with our PC's. A sports magazine went for $5 as well.

No one offered any suggestions about my problem. Maybe this question is a bit easier. I emailed ebay directly about not being able to get to the list my item page and a nice person wrote me explaining that I had to check the box saying to charge my fees to my cc/debit card. Well, that's all fine and dandy except that I have tried that "enter a debit card" three times in total now and my bank is showing a $1 transaction from a "details not available" source on three separate occasions. Just by listing and trying to verify my debit card, is ebay charging my acct? I don't want to try it again if that is in fact where the charges are coming from. I will phone my bank in the morning when they open to try to figure out where the charges are coming from but it seems coincidental that the charges occured at the same time as I was trying to register my debit card on ebay.

Anybody with knowledge on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter