Yo ho: Pirate makeover coming to Magic Kingdom in June: Updated with the prices

They should go one better.. take a barge or other boat, give it a Flying Dutchman overlay, and take the newly madeover "pirates" on an adventure-filled cruise around the Seven Seas Lagoon, and for an additional fee their parents can be made to walk the plank!

Doesn't say where..

Adventureland Verandah? Hmmmm

The League will be located in the area between the entrance to the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and the Pirates Merchandise shop. (Disney says this is currently backstage territory.)

But hang tight, mateys: Reservations cannot be made until May 11.

I thought a lot about this-- which is saying someting about my degree of spring fever. My first reaction was that it was sad.

Then I thought, well, it's not that different from having a child's face painted at the local zoo and souvenir shopping.

That's when I decided it was indeed pathetic; I can have face painting done inexpensively-- or for free about four times a year-- at the zoo right here in beautiful Central Ill. and purchase my own souvenirs. But Disney is going to charge a ridiculous fee and take reservations.

I suppose we brand monkeys only have ourselves to blame what with the way we lap up these exclusive, must-do experiences. I gotta say, though, my taste for the company Kool-aid is diminishing. I'm tired of shelling out extra cash for magic. MK is enough for me already.

Maybe WDW felt since the little girls already have two Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations, they wanted to do something similar for little boys and they are assuming it will have the same success as the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

boy are you people discriminatory!!! did you have such things to say about bibbity bobbity boo? :sad2: maybe your just cheap. after all it can all be purchased at the local 5 & 10 and not make your kids feel quite as special.

i think the objective is to make the child, adult or whoever feel special and for them to enjoy the process of knowing what it's like to be the movie star getting made over for the days shooting events.princess:pirate::bride::clown:and yes, even mickey mouse himself.

i apologize if i insulted anyone who is just complaining because they can not afford this. in that case try to make your loved one feel as special as possible:flower3:and accept my apology.:goodvibes

Am I missing why I should be outraged over this? If you don't want to do it, you don't have to do it. But I can think of many families for whom this would be a great opportunity.

Again, it is a good way for Disney to raise money AND for people to get something they value. Just because it isn't for you doesn't mean other people won't enjoy it or feel they get value from it.

Sometimes I wonder what people want Disney to do. If they don't raise money, they have to cutback and people complain and moan about the cutbacks. If they try to raise money, people complain about the way in which they are raising money.

Oh, well. What can they do. :confused3

FWIW, I objected to Bibbidy-bobbidy, too, because I think it's excessive, creepy, and bordering objectification of pre-pubescent girls. And no, I don't object because I can't afford it. Just because I have the money doesn't mean I have to spend it on something I don't see as a good value.

And wow! I didn't realize how far the pixie-dust meter had swayed. Next thing, I'll be the BARON.

I think it's a good idea. Little boys need to feel special just as much as little girls. It's not like you have to go in there andgive them a makeover either, it's a families choice. It seems like a pretty magical experience to me, and if I were the kid I would never forget it.

I don't post often, but I wanted to give my view. I am in favor of this idea and am excited to say we will be at Disney 2 days before it starts and I hope to make a reservation for my 6 yr old son. I am extremely frugal and coupon and deal shop for my family. I realize I could do the same thing for Connor at home for a fraction of the cost, but he is my only child and he's growing up so fast this will be something he can remember and make him feel very special. I have already spoke with his grandparents who will be at Disney with us and we are all pitching in to give the event to Connor as his birthday present. Is it a marketing ploy? Yes, and I think it's a good one to finally have something for the boys. I bet they could do even better with a father son package! Come on all you overgrown kids, speak up! I know there's a pirate in you!!

Deanna

I think it's a great idea! Little girls have been enjoying BBB for quite some time now. I'm glad that little boys will be able to have a similar experience!

I think it is about time. The girls have plenty of opportunities to dress up and pretend and believe in the magic. Now the boys have something too. Being able to dress up like a pirate and walk around the MK is a lot different than getting your face painted at a local zoo.

It may not be for everyone but it's not pathetic either. Of course I think I'm in the wrong area because I actually agree with something Disney does. Gotta quit snorting the pixie dust I guess.

I'm going to join in as well and say I've been looking for the perfect "extra" thing for DD to do on our mother/daughter trip. Since she is all about pirates and Johnny Depp, this will be perfect for her.

It took us 20 years to have a son and I hope this is around in a few years when he is old enough - he's only 14 months now. I think this is great! People have been giving their sons their own "pirate makeover" for awhile now so Disnyey is right on track to capitalize on it. A great idea!

Now that's magical...Did I say magical? I meant pathetic.
pirate:

.....or maybe pitiful. Can you say, KA-CHING!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Wonder what they are going to remove to make way for this thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter