WooHoo!...just got 5 tix for Fantasmic Balcony!!

The number for vacation planning is 714-300-7520. You can call them three or four days before to get on the list. I called them on June 23 for my July 26 reservation. They are really helpful. You may have to leave a message and they will call you back. Then they will call you and let you know if they got what you wanted. We got the 9am for 7/26 and were seated first. They take your drink order, and when everyone is seated you can get dessert. Every seat is great!

keenercam said:
I am thrilled that we got tickets today for our first ever trip to DL, but incredibly disappointed that I had to take the 10:30 show because 9:00 was completely sold out. Really unsure about eating heavy desserts the night before the 1/2 marathon AND going to bed so late, but I probably wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. I am hoping DH is going to be thrilled and doesn't think it is a terrible idea. :confused3

if you want to, they have some beautiful fruit for dessert...really lovely, and definitely not as heavy as, say, cheesecake. we went last summer and there was a great variety, some heavy, some lighter. not sure how the lateness will affect your running, but hopefully not too bad. good luck with the marathon!

I called this morning and got my ticket and was not told to be there 1 hour before. To be on the safe side I will be but the CM didn't tell me I had too.

Just not fighting the crowd and a great seat is worth the money to me.

Can't wait...CTAG

We have never been to DL and are hoping to go in November. We've been to WDW many times and the only Fantasmic experience we have is the WDW kind. Do you have to have tickets for the one at DL? Is it recommended to get tickets and what are they good for (I've seen mention of food and good seats)? Are there bad seats at DL Fantasmic? I'm so confused right now.

grumpymakesmehappy said:
We have never been to DL and are hoping to go in November. We've been to WDW many times and the only Fantasmic experience we have is the WDW kind. Do you have to have tickets for the one at DL? Is it recommended to get tickets and what are they good for (I've seen mention of food and good seats)? Are there bad seats at DL Fantasmic? I'm so confused right now.

Fantasmic at DL is VERY different at DL because there is no stadium...thus no stadium seating! It is 1st come, 1st serve standing or sitting around the lake! I could not believe how crowded it was! Because we booked the Balcony seating...we had a bird's eye view of the show...and was able to look down from the balcony and see how fortunate I really was!!! The balcony seating is $50+ per person as well as Riverside seating! But, with riverside seating, the desserts are less elaborate...and you have to check in an hour before to get a seat!!

We just got back yesterday. We were at the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet on the 19th (first performance).

Ok, this is just my opinion...I was very much looking forward to this but it was a bit of a letdown. The chairs were crammed together and we had nowhere to put our drinks. We had to put our drinks on the ground and I was always worried that we'd knock them over and it would spill onto somebody standing below the balcony. The desserts were yummy but honestly, you can't really eat that much of it without feeling sick. They only started checking us in 30 minutes before Fantasmic so I felt rushed to eat so that I would finished before it started.

We got front of the balcony (we were the third ones called in) and it was a good view...however, I went back a week later (27th) and saw the second performance while sitting on the ground (center view) and actually enjoyed it that much more. Why? Because I was closer to the performance. The balcony, while giving a great vantage point, is actually pretty far from the water. When you sit on the ground in front of the water, you're so much closer...and the Peter Pan scene on the Columbia just begs for a closer view. And since it was the second performance, we really didn't have to stake out a position. We watched the fireworks from the hub and then wait straight to New Orleans Square (through Frontierland) to get a spot for Fantasmic. Since they have it roped off until everybody from the first performance can leave, everybody has a good chance of getting a good spot to sit. We got a great spot to sit and only had to wait about 45 minutes for the show to start...considering we were waiting up on the gallery for 1 hour (they told us to be there 1 hour before hand yet when you get to the gallery, they tell you to you won't be checked in until 30 minutes before.)

I'm glad I did it...you have to try everything once....but I probably won't do that again. It was pretty expensive and I didn't really feel comfortable being crammed on that balcony. Maybe the riverfront seating would be better...

I hope you guys have a better experience that we had. Perhaps I was expecting too much. I love Fantasmic no matter what though... :teeth:

Thanks for your honest review! I've already purchased my tickets -- and I think they are nonrefundable -- but I like to know what to be prepared for. Like you, I think I'd probably try it once anyway, just to see what it's like.

Hope the rest of your trip was spectacular! Just a couple of weeks or so and I'll be there!

Just got back from my trip and LOVED the Fantasmic balcony experience. (Actually went twice!) We had little round tables for our plates and drinks -- but yes, the chairs were quite close together. You are a good distance from the performance, but also a good distance from the crowd -- and I am not comfortable around crowds, so I was very happy about that. The first time I sat on the front corner of the balcony; the second time on the back corner. The view from the back was somewhat obstructed by a pole at times, but certainly was far better than what I could have hoped for from the ground (unless I'd been willing to stake out a position far in advance of the show). I also could have moved and stood behind the folks seated at their tables for a better view if I'd wanted to.

Ultimately it was exactly what I had expected based on the posts here on the Disboards -- the desserts, cheeses, fruit kabobs, etc. were quite good (but not worth the $59, including tax, on their own). For me, what did make it worthwhile was the uniqueness of the experience -- especially because this is likely to be my only trip to Disneyland. If our entire family of 5 would have been going, I probably wouldn't have considered it good value for money, but as a special treat for myself, I found it very enjoyable.

Thanks for all the good information, folks!

okay guys I read as much of the thread as possible (without my eyes falling out) what ever you guys are talking about I want it..... So what is it? I know what the show fantasmic is but what are you talking about balcony, is this preferred seating? If so do you pay for it? we are going 10-29 so from what I understand I need to do something asap but what please help. Leann

You'll need to call 714-781-4400 and ask for premium seating for Fantasmic. They'll let you know if they have balcony or riverside left. I've done both and prefer the riverside where I feel I experience the show, rather than just watching it as I feel on the balcony. It's $59 per person, with a $10 discount for kids if you choose the riverside, no discount on the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter