WooHoo!...just got 5 tix for Fantasmic Balcony!!

AspiringCindy

<font color=FF66FF>Craved Spam.....the unidentifie
:dogdance: Got through at exactly 8:00AM!...Only problem, the CM said they are no longer doing the "order of purchase" procedure! :confused3 We need to check in 1 hour before the show...and then our seating order will be determined!! :furious: I feel like I won the battle, but I might lose the war!! I was soo hoping for 1st row being that I am traveling with kids!! We had 3 phones dialing to accomplish this! Oh well, I'm sure the 2nd row will be fine...if we get it!!

I am sooo glad to hear that they are doing this now!!! I always thought that it was a very helpless feeling not having any control over where you sit. I guess I like being in control of my own detiny, and always wished it was like the riverside seating--where it is first come, first serve...and now it is!

I loved the balcony! And I was going to go riverside for next time, but since they made this change, I will probably try for balcony again!
Congrats!

Congrats on getting your tickets. I can't remember which showing you are going to but we've been to both and I can tell you that the later one is better because you don't have to fight the Fireworks crowds. If you get there at least an hour early you just show them your tickets and at that time you can request where you would like to sit. We just got back two weeks ago and had no problem getting getting front row, right side...no tree in the way! now, this description is for chair seating in front of Tom Sawers island...NOT balcony. I'm a little confused by your requesting front row seats? If you got the Desert (sp) show it's really nice to have all the coffee, water, soda and goodies like cookies etc. ANYWAY, Have a great time! Helen

When I got tix for july 19th I was told the same thing about cking in 1 hour ahead for order of seats. Others have said they went recently and that was not the case. It still was determined by when you ordered. Anyone know for sure?

I have a friend going to the balcony seating in a few days....She will let me know when she comes back. :goodvibes I really hope this is true.

The whole reason I order these tickets for special events with family and friends is so that I don't have to get there an hour early. That's part of the perk in my opinion.

Well, that and having a great view, a yummy balcony buffet, and not having to fight the massive crowd down below you after the show!

Still, I am one small voice that hopes it is not changing.

Califgirl said:
The whole reason I order these tickets for special events with family and friends is so that I don't have to get there an hour early. That's part of the perk in my opinion.

Well, that and having a great view, a yummy balcony buffet, and not having to fight the massive crowd down below you after the show!

Still, I am one small voice that hopes it is not changing.

I hope it is NOT changing!! I wanted to avoid going an hour early as well!

Maybe we just got the same person because she told me this changed a while ago and I know people who have gone lately and said it still was the same way as before. It went in order of how you booked. Hopefully we will find out.

Michelle2 said:
I am sooo glad to hear that they are doing this now!!! I always thought that it was a very helpless feeling not having any control over where you sit. I guess I like being in control of my own detiny, and always wished it was like the riverside seating--where it is first come, first serve...and now it is!

I loved the balcony! And I was going to go riverside for next time, but since they made this change, I will probably try for balcony again!
Congrats!
But you DID have control over your destiny in the old system, you just had to order them early! I'm very disappointed to hear they are abandoning the order of purchase procedure. I will probably not do the balcony again because that part of the perk (being able to walk up about 20 mins before showtime) is gone. Oh well.

I am going to try to call back in the next few days...and hope that I get a different CM. I will ask again. Perhaps some CMs are saying 1 thing, but DL is still doing the old system! :confused3

How much do these tickets cost? What is served? Which is better balcony or riverside?

Thanks

How bad is the second row on the balcony? I have txs for 7/12. It is my first time in DL. I am very excited about the balcony seats, if I don't get the first row, will I be able to see the show?

chrissybear said:
How bad is the second row on the balcony? I have txs for 7/12. It is my first time in DL. I am very excited about the balcony seats, if I don't get the first row, will I be able to see the show?

I'm sure you will see just fine if you wind up in the 2nd row! I'm just being a BRAT!!! :blush:

I'm another vote for keeping the order of seating by the order of purchase. The main reason I purchase these is so I don't have to waste time getting there early. I've sat in multiple places on the balcony and enjoyed each view. Yes the front row is great, but the other seats are good too.

I have tickets for the late show on July 18th.

I also got three tickets yesterday for the 9:00 Fantasmic balcony seating on July 26. I only dialed once...on one phone...and got thru after being on hold for about a minute. I asked the CM what place in line my order was. She told me that seven seats had been reserved before me, but that there were a couple of pending calls at the same time as mine, so it would depend on the exact second that the credit card billing went through. She certainly implied that the order of sale would correspond with the order of seating and she went on to say that there were two rows of 10 seats and that the back row was staggered so no one's view would be blocked.

shadownoze said:
I also got three tickets yesterday for the 9:00 Fantasmic balcony seating on July 26. I only dialed once...on one phone...and got thru after being on hold for about a minute. I asked the CM what place in line my order was. She told me that seven seats had been reserved before me, but that there were a couple of pending calls at the same time as mine, so it would depend on the exact second that the credit card billing went through. She certainly implied that the order of sale would correspond with the order of seating and she went on to say that there were two rows of 10 seats and that the back row was staggered so no one's view would be blocked.

HHMMM!...so does that mean in order of reserving the seats from the system...or how fast the visa gets approved! All I know, is that I was never on hold! I dialed at 7:59 and pressed redial just before it hit 8:00(my computer time and cable both read 7:59). I was shocked when it rang once, and a CM answered! I guess we will see you on the balcony Shadownoze! :thumbsup2

Has anyone found out for sure if seating is assigned by order of purchase or do you have to get there one hour early and it is assigned then? This is in reference to the balcony seating. I know a few of you had friends who were going soon, what did they find out? Anxious to hear, we are going July 19th balcony seating. Please let us know. Thanks

My daughter and I also got tickets to the July 26 9pm show.
So half the balcony will be dis boarders! :wave2:
We used vacation planning to make our reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter