WooHoo!...just got 5 tix for Fantasmic Balcony!!

This is our 1st visit to California! DDs are 13, 12 & 5! We can't wait either!...see ya on the balcony!

Just got back from the AAA office after they called and said our Disney documents were in. One less thing to fret about! Some pretty good coupons included, too, plus the 50th anniversary map that was given out on July 17th last year--a reproduction of the opening day Disneyland map. Only 12 more days to wait!!

shadownoze said:
My DD is 15. Looks like we guys will be way outnumbered at this showing!

:rotfl:

Shadownoze: We got our docs on Thursday!! Now it seems real!!

I have done *both* the Gallery seating w/ Buffet and the Riverside seating w/ buffet for Fantasmic the only real difference is *vantage point*. The Riverside Seting puts you RIGHT at the action; you can really see what is happening clearly. The Gallery seating gives you more of an overview of everything happening during the show. Think of the differences like where you prefer to sit in a movie theater. If you like to see the *whole screen* without moving your head then Gallery seating is more your style. BUT I am a sit on the front row at the parade kinda guy that likes to be down FRONT in the action, so I prefer the Riverside.

We just got back, we had balcony seats on the 12th. We were told to arrive no later than 8:30. We did get there earlier so they had us sit in a nice area inside the gallery while we waited for our name to be called for seating. We had bought the last 5 tickets, and we were seated in the last 5 seats. So it does go by order of purchase. It was wonderful!!! :thumbsup2 The desserts were great. There was chocolate cake, cheese cake, another kind of cake, pastries, cheese and crackers, fruit, an applesauce type thing, I don't know what it was but it was delicious, and a fried dough thing, which was also great. We sat in the second row and had no problems seeing. We were very happy that we did this.

Thanks so much for getting back to us on this. Really appreciate it. We go this Wednesday, July 19th. Can't wait!!!!!

Thanks for the update. We have tickets for Tues, July 18th, late show. I'm sure we're in the last row since I forgot to call to purchase tickets on Father's Day and was surprise to score tickets the next day.

chrissybear said:
We just got back, we had balcony seats on the 12th. We were told to arrive no later than 8:30. We did get there earlier so they had us sit in a nice area inside the gallery while we waited for our name to be called for seating. We had bought the last 5 tickets, and we were seated in the last 5 seats. So it does go by order of purchase. It was wonderful!!! :thumbsup2 The desserts were great. There was chocolate cake, cheese cake, another kind of cake, pastries, cheese and crackers, fruit, an applesauce type thing, I don't know what it was but it was delicious, and a fried dough thing, which was also great. We sat in the second row and had no problems seeing. We were very happy that we did this.

Thanks Chrissy!

Could one of you lucky balcony folks please tell me which phone number you called -- 714-781-4400 or the "regular" Disneyland dining number? I'll be trying for those seats soon and I don't want to waste time dialing the wrong number. (I stupidly started another thread with that question instead of asking you folks first. I should be flogged. :guilty: Sorry, moderators!)

Hi Wendy,
The direct number is 714-781-4400 and you must call right at 30 days
and at 8 am CA time. Or if you are staying onsite you can have
vacation planning call for you. Just call them a few days ahead and
give them your day and info, they do the rest! The other number
714-781-3463 is for other dining which is 60 days out.

Woohoo, I got 2 seats for the balcony for Aug 20, 9 pm (1st show). I was on hold for a little bit and then the CM's computer locked up just as she was processing my credit card. I have no idea how far back in the pecking order I'm in. OH well.

Gotta remember to call tomorrow for a tour now!!

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

pxlbarrel said:
Woohoo, I got 2 seats for the balcony for Aug 20, 9 pm (1st show). I was on hold for a little bit and then the CM's computer locked up just as she was processing my credit card. I have no idea how far back in the pecking order I'm in. OH well.

Gotta remember to call tomorrow for a tour now!!

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

Awesome!!! :thumbsup2

And now I have the 50th Anniversary tour in my schedule! Yipee! I'll be broke by the end of the trip but I'll be happy!

:goodvibes

Called this morning and got 3 for the 22nd of August.
I followed the advice posted on this forum and I am VERY excited.

Just scored tickets for 3 for Fantasmic balcony seating for September 15th. Thanks to everyone who offered strategies and advice! :thumbsup2

All the sordid details... Called at exactly 10:59:58 (because I'm on the East Coast) and went immediately to "hold" - sweated every minute ticking on the computer clock: 11:01, 11:02, 11:03, 11:04 (oh my gosh! they're all going to be GONE while I'm sitting here on hold!), then CM answers. Can she help me? I'll say! 3 for Fantasmic balcony seating on September 15th. Spell my name? Sure. What? Can I start all over? (Oh my gosh!) Sure, 3 for... and spell my name again. Spell my first name too. Credit card number and billing address. Spell the city name. <groan> Spell it again! (Oh my gosh!) Yes, yes, I'll hold while you process my order. What? I got them?!?!?!? Balcony seats?!?!? Yes, I'm ready for my reservation number.

And now... I've got all my trip ressies lined up! Yippee!!!!!!! :yay:

getnthinr said:
Just scored tickets for 3 for Fantasmic balcony seating for September 15th. Thanks to everyone who offered strategies and advice! :thumbsup2

All the sordid details... Called at exactly 10:59:58 (because I'm on the East Coast) and went immediately to "hold" - sweated every minute ticking on the computer clock: 11:01, 11:02, 11:03, 11:04 (oh my gosh! they're all going to be GONE while I'm sitting here on hold!), then CM answers. Can she help me? I'll say! 3 for Fantasmic balcony seating on September 15th. Spell my name? Sure. What? Can I start all over? (Oh my gosh!) Sure, 3 for... and spell my name again. Spell my first name too. Credit card number and billing address. Spell the city name. <groan> Spell it again! (Oh my gosh!) Yes, yes, I'll hold while you process my order. What? I got them?!?!?!? Balcony seats?!?!? Yes, I'm ready for my reservation number.

And now... I've got all my trip ressies lined up! Yippee!!!!!!! :yay:

Ya'll are gonna LOVE it! I got so nervous on the night of the Fantasmic Balcony. We were the last to arrive...Then, they started leading parties 1 at a time on to the balcony! We were the last to be seated...but we had incredible seats right in the front!!! The desserts were good too!! Congrats everyone!

I am planning on surprising DH with these when we go next May. I will use the call right at 30 days at 7:59a plan.

I am also surprising him with a DL brick! I can't wait to show him.

I just gotta remember not to spill all the beans before we get there, I am just as excited :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: to surpise him as he will be to get them!

KS*BARBIE*GIRLS said:
Hi Wendy,
The direct number is 714-781-4400 and you must call right at 30 days
and at 8 am CA time. Or if you are staying onsite you can have
vacation planning call for you. Just call them a few days ahead and
give them your day and info, they do the rest! The other number
714-781-3463 is for other dining which is 60 days out.

We're staying at GCH in October. Could you tell me what the number is for vacation planning? Can we call them earlier than the 30 day mark for balcony seating?

Thanks

I am thrilled that we got tickets today for our first ever trip to DL, but incredibly disappointed that I had to take the 10:30 show because 9:00 was completely sold out. Really unsure about eating heavy desserts the night before the 1/2 marathon AND going to bed so late, but I probably wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. I am hoping DH is going to be thrilled and doesn't think it is a terrible idea. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter