Wk of Sep 7 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

For more info about the WISH team:

Welcome to the Wish Team

I'm the first, I'm the first (after Mel). I've always wanted to be first at something. :teeth:

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Hi everyone :wave2: I'm training for a 1/2 at the end of the month. Things are going so-so - my knee has started hurt. I recently ran in a pair of old running shoes. I had forgotten my old pair at home and didn't think it would that big of a deal. Guess I was wrong :rotfl: I'm probably going to walk my route tomorrow instead of running. I want to wait and see what my PT has to say.

But after I figure that out - I want to register for a 10K in October. It's being held at the zoo so I think it will be fun! I'm going to try and get my cousin and DF to come along with me :)

I'm the first, I'm the first (after Mel). I've always wanted to be first at something. :teeth:

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Hey Susie.... great to see you on the site after the DL Half!! It was great hanging with you and Pat!!! Jim and I actually got to do some of the race together and that was cool.

Sick Tracy

Jeff - book your hotel room yesterday for the Masters! People in Aiken rent their houses out for the week so it gets kind of insane.

Cruella,

I scored a great government rate at the Candlewood Suites, right there in Augusta, around the corner from Augusta National on Claussen Road. I think they missed blocking out discount rates, oh well, their mistake. Shhhhh (it was $80.00 a night).

Thanks for your help!

Tracy, fun video, liked your pictures. Stay safe, unless you're on the road due to evacuations. Yea, on the stickers. Your 'Canes at least beat the spread.

Same goes to everyone else down there in the panhandle, stay safe!

Tracy--I love the stickers for your car! Where did you get those?

Hope everyone has a great week of training! I am planning on a 3 miler later today. Need to go to church and watch my beloved Pats play so it won't be till later on.

The leaves are starting to turn here where I am in MA and I am excited about running in cool faller weather!

Allyson

Hey all,
Again against Dr. Jeff's orders I went out and did 4 miles today. Why 4?? Not sure but it sounded good in my heard when I left. Was doing well and even had a 13:50mile at mile 3, but the last mile was a bit tough and was just under a 15min pace. I guess it was probably one mile too much. But I do a little competitve side that hides until necessary which doesn't let me give up. (That's why I wouldn't let Jim passing me at mile 5-6 during the DL Half get me down too much, I caught back up to him around mile 11 and then passed him to the finish line. That was my little Racey Tracy coming out.:) )

Thanks for the compliments on my DL Half Lil' video Jeff. I forgot somehow to insert the photo of me and my cousin, I just may have to go back and redo it. UGH!!NO evacuations here in Broward County, those are mostly for the keys.

Allyson: The Mickey Sticker I have been looking for for the last two years. WDW use to have them along with the Goofy, TInkerbell, Grumpy stickers. I sold my car in 2006 and lost my Mickey sticker with it. I kept asking at the WDW stores and they never could give me an answer as to when they would get them back. I even wrote emails and stuff. Then at Disneyland this last weekend shopping on main street I saw them - I heard magical music and the sky lit up - I bought a bunch, one for my sis, my mom and some for me!!!
The WISH sticker I got from Jeff (mkymsehi). He had then at the meets in DL. You can ask him if he has any more.

Sorry that my Canes lost to the Gaytors, but at least the point spread wasn't met and that makes me very happy :rotfl: . It was a great learning experience for such a young team and will only make them better!!

Hey Debra and ms.mightyduck.....get back on this thing or I may have to come looking for you guys with a wet noodle!!!

Waiting for Nascar to start.

Tracy

I got out yesterday AM for my weekly marathon training program long run with my group. It wasn't too bad humiditywise - thankfully Hanna pulled the humidity with her. It wasn't too bad when you were just standing there but once I got about to a half mile I was pretty sweaty so it was still kinda warm. My new shoes must have helped along with the almost week off I too to let my legs and feet relax after running the 9 miles last Saturday on dead shoes. I was able to do 9 miles again this Saturday and seemed to run more then I walked so that was good - I also finished it 10 minutes quicker - 1 hour and 50 mins instead of 2 hours. I know I can do it quicker than that (my Minnie time was better) but I figure its training and not a race so I am not pushing myself as hard. I used my new 4 bottle Fuel Belt and it was great - I drank almost everything I brought with me. My group provides water on the route but I choose to have my own so that if I need some between water stops I will have it (it also help when I just have to have distraction) it was nice to be able to have my choice of half water half gatorade, full strength gatorade and water. Turns out my preference is half and half - the water ended up tasting too much like the plastic flask even though I poured it straight out of a Zypherhills bottle the night before. I probably will use the fuel belt durning the full in January so its good that I will have plenty of practice with it.

Good morning, WISH friends!

I made it through the first week of school (only two with students, but I'm not complaining--as boring as required in-service is, it did let me plan for the first two days beyond belief). Only one class seems like a possible handful at this point, and I put the kabosh on that quickly.

I went for a walk for about 20 minutes last week (about a mile), and I didn't time the long walk on the beach I took with Liz and Pat last Sunday (by the clock, it seemed to be close to 45 minutes, at least, since it was noon when we got to Bum Rogers). We had a great afternoon together, walked the beach at Island Beach State Park, had fresh crabcake and flounder sandwiches, and then strolled the boards, with Belgian waffles topped with ice cream. I think that means I ate three times as many calories as we burned, but we had fun.

No complaints about the uninvited Hanna yesterday--my part of town didn't even lose power (although many did). The only problem is the shift in atmosphere is making it a struggle to breathe today, but I'm ignoring the coughing (DH doesn't find it as easy to ignore, I must say).

Lots of tomatoes from the CSA this week--beautiful, tasty heirlooms. I've eaten a tomato salad every day this week, I think. I'm going to be sad when the tomatoes finally end.

I have decided to make my dad walk with me. He has serious back issues (lots of rods and screws and stuff), so I'll start easy on him.

DH discovered when he did a 5K two weeks ago that he's not 17 anymore and has vowed to train for the half-marathon seriously. I want to get faster just so I don't have to spend so much time on the course. I can't wait to see my WISH friends again!

Hi, Mel! :wave:

Hi, escape! :wave:

Hi, Bunnyfoo! Good luck with that half! A 10k at the zoo definitely sounds like fun!

Racy Tracey: Feel better! :wizard: I'm here. I'm back. No more fooling around. :) I can't wait to see you in January! DH and I loved your video. He was so impressed that you took yourself! You looked great on the course, too--you should have heard us cheering you on as we watched! (Woohoo, Tracy! Mile 10! Looking great!) And I hope Ike leaves you alone.

Hi, AlohaJeff! Can't wait to meet you in January!

Allyson, Hi! I have been watching Yankee foliage (http://www.yankeefoliage.com/) and trying to figure out if we can get north to see the leaves or if we will have more luck heading south, based on when DH is off from work. It looks amazing already!

TnTsParty: good that you are getting that practice in now. January will be here before we know it (I can't wait!). Keep up the good work getting those miles in!

Love,
Duckie

:cool1: YEAH!!! Duckie is back on the WISH!!!!:cool1:
Sorry, Jeff won't be there in January, he is one crazy character though, so the wait will be a bit longer. (Unless Marcia can talk him into doing the full, she is thinking about it.)

- Only 4 months and 3 days until the WDW Half!! -

Now, where is Debra, Amy and Scott??

Racey Tracy

Just some News Bites that I got from Allearsnet.com as to some things that will be going on at WDW...

...Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Friday, October 31, 2008 is officially SOLD OUT! Tickets are available for all other remaining dates.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The Magic Kingdom's Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square will be closed November 1, 2008 &#150; July 1, 2009, for the addition of a new president.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The Smithereens have replaced Peabo Bryson for the October 10-12 Epcot Eat to the Beat Concerts.
http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw08/fw08_concerts.htm

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

IllumiNations Earth Globe is under refurbishment now through mid-September. A slightly modified IllumiNations show will be performed without the globe during this time.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Disney buses will not be stopping at the Pleasure Island bus stops now through September 12. Instead, use the bus stops at Downtown Disney Marketplace and West Side (behind Cirque du Soleil).

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney will be closed September 27 through October 12 while it undergoes a makeover. You may also see work being performed outside the restaurant, but most inside work will be performed during the third shift now through December 31, 2008.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

For 2009, the Contemporary Resort has added an Atrium Club Level room type in the Tower Building (12th floor) with a Magic Kingdom View and Atrium Club access. The rooms will have two queen beds and one daybed, and will sleep 5 (plus one child under age 3 in a crib).

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Beach Club Resort will no longer offer the King Sico Bed room beginning in 2009.
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Coronado Springs Resort is undergoing some upgrades over the next several months. The resort is in the process of replacing its double beds with queens (the Rancho section is complete, as are Casitas 4 & 5). In addition there will be new furniture to suit modern tastes, but still in theme. One hundred rooms will get upgraded to king beds (CSR will then have 224 king rooms). All of the rooms are getting flat screen TVs. Tables are being replaced with desks so that floor space is preserved after putting in larger beds. In addition to these room changes, one Coronado Springs building will be transformed into a "Business Club" building. All Business Club Level rooms will have two queen-size beds or one king-size bed, desk and chair, vanity area with sink, a ceiling fan and a bathroom. These rooms offer views of the lake, courtyard or parking lot. Business Club Level services include personalized Front Desk and Guest Services, turndown service and a lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine (additional fee) and cheese. Amenities include DVD player, in-room wall safe, voice mail, data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-fridge, robes and coffee maker. A crib is available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Most of these updates are being made with a minimal impact on guests.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Walt Disney World Co. has finalized the sale of 298 acres of land to Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts for a hotel and golf course that will anchor a new luxury resort announced last year as part of an expansion of Walt Disney World Resort. Located along the northeast border of Walt Disney World, the resort will include a 445-room Four Seasons hotel, Residence Club (fractional ownership vacation homes) and 18-hole championship golf course, as well as custom single- and multi-family vacation homes. WATG (Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo) is the design architect for the hotel. The Addison Mizner-inspired design, sometimes referred to as Palm Beach style, is reminiscent of turn-of-the century resorts found on Florida's east coast. First announced in March 2007, the project's initial site preparation work began earlier this year, with building construction expected to begin next year. The hotel is anticipated to open by 2012. The project will be built in phases over the next 8 to 10 years.

Just thought ya'll would be interested in some of this stuff.

Informative Tracy

Hey team,

Wow, Tracy is now serving as my long distance personal assistant! Thanks Tracy, for letting everyone know I won't be in Florida in January. Unless something miraculous happens, like I win the Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes. Or I could always just "bandit" the run, LOL.

I'm booked for air, room, & car for the Masters tournament in April. Used up almost the last of my frequent flier miles, so I'm back to paying for tickets. :eek:

Today, I was cruising along in my 18 mile run, and then something tweaked in my left hip. The pain told me to stop, so I laid down on the grass to stretch my IT band. Rather than push it and make it worse, I walked the final 3 miles back up over Diamond Head Crater.

Got home and ice bathed, and will ice it as necessary.

Have a great Sunday gang, I'm off for a nap, then Girl Scout meeting this afternoon.

Tracey, thank you for the WDW news. :goodvibes I'd be there for the Smithereens if I could, but I know Noah already said NO!!!! and I think he means it this time...

No AlohaJeff? Boo. :( I thought for sure we'd end up at the same place this year. :( Maybe 2010 (wow, that seems like it should be farther away than it is, huh?). Have a good Girl Scout meeting! :)

Hi everyone, just a quick post to say I survived my run today. Since I did two extra miles yesterday, I deducted them from my total today. So I ran 15 today. It felt like a Looooooooooooooonnnnnnnggggggggg way.

Miles: 15
Time: 2:35:55
Pace: 10:23

Splits:
8:36
8:25
8:26
8:55
8:56
9:02
9:08
9:30
8:46
9:56
13:55 - walking
11:57
15:24 - walking
10:04
15:00 - walking - cool down

Have a great week!

:grouphug:

Howard

Howard - Great job on your 15!:thumbsup2

Jeff - take care of that hip! I remember how tired I got the one time I walked to the top of Diamond Head. But the view was to die for!:)

Tracy - thanks for the info. Try to listen to your body. You don't want to push it too hard and re-injure yourself.

TNT - WTG on your long run!

Duckie
- welcome back!

Susie - congrats on being first to post this week (after Mel, of course ;) ) Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!

I got in lots of crosstraining today. ;) I walked 3 miles (to and from the stadium). Lower body work included repeatedly alternating between sitting and standing and jumping up and down; upper body work included constant clapping and fist pumping in the air; lungs got a good workout from all the cheering, screaming and singing of the EAGLES fight song after each of our FIVE touchdowns!
I was tired by the 3rd quarter! :laughing: Oh yeah- we kicked some Ram booty 38-3. What a way to open the season! I WISH it's like this every week :woohoo:

Terri

Howard - Great job on your 15!:thumbsup2

Jeff - take care of that hip! I remember how tired I got the one time I walked to the top of Diamond Head. But the view was to die for!:)

Tracy - thanks for the info. Try to listen to your body. You don't want to push it too hard and re-injure yourself.

TNT - WTG on your long run!

Duckie
- welcome back!

Susie - congrats on being first to post this week (after Mel, of course ;) ) Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!

I got in lots of crosstraining today. ;) I walked 3 miles (to and from the stadium). Lower body work included repeatedly alternating between sitting and standing and jumping up and down; upper body work included constant clapping and fist pumping in the air; lungs got a good workout from all the cheering, screaming and singing of the EAGLES fight song after each of our FIVE touchdowns!
I was tired by the 3rd quarter! :laughing: Oh yeah- we kicked some Ram booty 38-3. What a way to open the season! I WISH it's like this every week :woohoo:

Terri

Thanks Terri for the thoughts. Tomorrow is a schedule off day, so I will do that. I will take the miles slowly until I'm feeling better and not coughing so much. I do like to get out and walk when I'm sick - even if its down the block and back. It just makes me feel better.

Jeff: Yes, I can be your long distance Florida personal assistant!! Not sure if Banditing the race is possible. Maybe someone you know might not be able to do the race and you could....... (fill in the blank) Just would need a room. Hey we're at the Poly and its just my Mom and I. May have a pull out couch or the floor???
Not good to hear you had a IT issue during your run. Maybe should've gone for 12miles instead of the 18????:) Don't want our mega mile dude to be on injured reserve.

Duckie: Are you sure Noah said no????
I'll be at WDW the weekend before the ToT race. I couldn't get to the ToT race this year do to my College Alumni Marching Band is performing at the game on that Saturday.

Take care,
Chatty Coughing Tracy

Tracy - Thanks for all that info. Take care of yourself. I just got over a cough thing so I know it's no fun! Now my allergies have hit:confused3 . Aargh!

Terri - Yay! Go Eagles!

Howard - Great job this weekend. See you in 2 weeks!

Duckie - Great to hear from you again.

Hello to everyone else I missed!

I went out to do 7 miles today, but ended up doing only 6. At around 4 1/2 miles I started to feel blisters forming on my toes :scared1: , so I cut it off. I think it's my shoes - they are new and have only put 6 miles on them so far. They are the same brand and size as my last shoes. I didn't actually get blisters, but the tips of my toes on my right foot were that weird whitish color they get right before blisters form. Any tips about what I should do to avoid this the next time? When I was running it was REALLY painful, and I'm glad I turned around when I did before things got worse.

Anyway, other than that it was a good run, and I am feeling 100% better than I was a few days ago. I went out with my husband (who did 4 miles), and 3 of our kids went along with us on bikes which was a lot of fun! I don't usually get to share this with the family.

I started to feel blisters forming on my toes :scared1: , so I cut it off.

You cut off your toes???:lmao:

I use Bodyglide first, then Vaseline on my feet. I carry both moleskin and molefoam in my fanny sack in case of a blister emergency.

Don't want our mega mile dude...
Chatty Coughing Tracy

CCT: Thanks for the offer for the pullout bed or floor space . I'm sure if Mushu decides to go, and I end up going, then we'll book at the Pop Century where the rates are decent.
I think your thinking of David or Howard, not me. :lmao: I ice bathed when I got home, almost felt hypothermia coming on. Wheew, funny how cold is good for you, but it never feels good when you sit in the tub and it's freezing. I'll be icing and stretching more tonight to try and loosen up the sore spot. Roll on my tennis ball as well.

I am considering taking a week off to rest. I know, practice what I preach.

We're back from our Girl Scout meeting. We worked on our pet care badge, and the girls had a lot to say about their pets. Now I can rest for the remainder of the day!

CCT:

I am considering taking a week off to rest. I know, practice what I preach.

Yeah right....... like I wasn't going to do my walking miles and I did them anyway. (I was good though and didn't do as many miles and kept it slow)

Yes, their are a few mega mile dudes in the WISH!!

Chatty Coughing Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter