Wishblade on HSN Mon 3/5/07

I dont think Michaels or AC Moore will sell them unfortunately :( Here are the 2 pages I've done so far with it. I've only cut titles not images. Only one is disney themed (so far...still have TONS from my Dec trip was waiting for the wishblade).

index.php

index.php

they look great! I love the earobics! that was very clever.

Mine arrived on Friday. I've played with it a little and really like it so far. There's just sooo much to learn. I've done my first tracing- I think it turned out really well for my first try. Next I want to try to cut out pieces for a paper piecing.

Mine was just delivered. Now just give me some time. No pressure please. I am the world's best procrastinating scrapbooker there is after all. ;)

More importantly, I've got to clear off my desk & find a place to put this thing. lol

I got mine last week and I am afraid to open it!:scared1: You might remember me from the March Challenge page, I am the one who is also afraid to open my new Cricut....:confused:
I need to find a Yoda to teach me the way.....

I got mine last week and I am afraid to open it!:scared1: You might remember me from the March Challenge page, I am the one who is also afraid to open my new Cricut....:confused:
I need to find a Yoda to teach me the way.....

Proceed with caution. This is a delicate situation. It will be ok. I am PMing you my address right now so you can get those dangerous boxes out of your home and into the hands of a professional.

;)

LOL, I at least have the box open and sitting on the floor near me. I'm using it as motivation to finish up non-scrapping related things that I NEED TO DO. Like our taxes. :scared: I won't be allowed to play until my work is done first. And, I need to clear my desk & floor so I can find a place to put the wishblade.

Since being home the last year, I've taken my procrastination to a whole new level. I guess the hypnosis session for procrastination backfired. lol It was at least fun though. :rotfl:

Really, you tried hypnosis? I've always been to scared. What if it really worked and everytime I heard the doorbell ring I clucked like a chicken? So I just keep on putting everything off, just to be safe.

Proceed with caution. This is a delicate situation. It will be ok. I am PMing you my address right now so you can get those dangerous boxes out of your home and into the hands of a professional.

;)

SNORT!!!:rotfl2: I hope I didn't sound that pathetic! And the box is rather lovely...........:confused3
Karen

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Why won't you open the box? It's not hard to set up and you can sign up at the yahoo wishblade group to get help getting started. They have some great tutoriols over there! Take things one step at a time and you will cutting like crazy in no time!:)

Really, you tried hypnosis? I've always been to scared. What if it really worked and everytime I heard the doorbell ring I clucked like a chicken? So I just keep on putting everything off, just to be safe.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I had a water pipe break this morning and have water in my basement, so I really needed the laugh- THANKS! Seriously though, I don't know that I would want to do it for that same reason. I'm crazy enough the way it is, thank you very much!:rotfl:

Oh man.:hug: Sorry about the water in the basement. So that is two of us that have had leaky basements. You and B&MB. I really hope this isn't one of those coming in three things.

Anyone who has purchased the new Wishblade should join the Yahoo Wishblade group. I just received mine from HSN also and haven't had a chance to open it yet. But I have been reading the posts on the Yahoo group and there are tons of posts by people who have gotten this new Wishblade, lots of advice and help,and they just finished the tutorial for the new Wishblade. You will learn so much in a few short days to save yourself a lot of aggravation and give you the confidence to open that box!

OK, here's where I'm at. I joined the Yahoo Wishblade group & downloaded some tutorials & manuals thru them. Today, DH & I spent 4 hours setting up machine, installing lots of software, & playing around. We've been using a pen in the penholder instead of cutting while we've been playing around. Turns out he has a tiny bit of experience with a similar type of machine from work. Another dept has one, but he has used it in the past. I don't think I would have made it as far as I am without him being here today. BUT, with that said....I'm FAR from knowing what I'm doing so far.

I'm ok with cutting letters not joined together. I did figure out how to weld letters in the Create & Cut software. BUT the Create & Cut software communicating with Production Manager is giving us trouble. It works once, then won't communicate a 2nd time. So we have to delete the set-up & set it up again. :confused3 We'll work on that.

I read there is an update to download for cutting pressure issues. I'll have to look into that once we start actually cutting.

Still hoping this isn't more than I can handle. But i do love the idea of using any font I want & at any size. Same with shapes. One HUGE reason why I never bought into any of the Sizzix or others stuff. And if I never get the hang of designing shapes, there seem to be alot on the web for free or slight fee of $2 or so.

How's everyone else doing?

Last night, I graduated to cutting. Installed updated drivers for Create & Cut to allow pressure adjustments. Learned I needed to slow speed in a really intricute curly font I tried since it wasn't releasing in a few spots. Understand Production Manager a tiny bit more. Learned I need to save my file BEFORE going into Production Manager so it will work a 2nd time. WHY, I still don't know...but figured out it was the only way it would do it even though file still on the screen. :confused3

And I was able to create a mat & cut it. I made a 4x6 mat with 2 wallet size openings for a frame for DH to put in his office at work. :thumbsup2

Its a start. :laughing:

I'm learning slowly. Today, if I have time, I want to punch 2 Mickey head style punches that I own. Scan the punches & learn auto-trace. This way, I'll be able to cut any size mickey heads that I want. :goodvibes Learned that from the 101 uses file on the Yahoo group. BTW, they don't share any copyrighted designs over there...so don't even ask.

How's everyone else doing?

Not doing too bad here...learning things slowly but surely. I'm having a tough time with that though, because I'm a "I want results and I want them NOW!" type of gal!:rotfl:

I have the lettering down pretty well now. I have made some basic things with the Create and Cut software using the shapes that are provided. I've tried messing with the Bezier path tool, but am having a hard time figuring that out (a big part of my frustration). My father has used an auto cad type program before, so I am going to get with him later this week to see if it is similar to this. If so, he will be able to help me out with it (at least that's what I am hoping).

I will say I haven't really had any problems with the production manager. It is slow in opening at first, however.

I've read on the yahoo group that some places offer classes for the wishblade. I'm more of a visual learner and if I were actually shown how to do the harder stuff, I know I could take off running with this. I may make a few calls to some shops in the area to see if they offer them or know of some place that does.

Sounds like you're having a ton of fun. This machine takes a lot of education, huh? LOL

I've read on the yahoo group that some places offer classes for the wishblade. I'm more of a visual learner and if I were actually shown how to do the harder stuff, I know I could take off running with this. I may make a few calls to some shops in the area to see if they offer them or know of some place that does.

I'm the same way. This sounds like a great idea. Good luck!

Sounds like you're having a ton of fun. This machine takes a lot of education, huh? LOL

It's not too bad although it wouldn't be like the cricut where you can take it out of the box, plug it in, pop in a cartridge, then cut. The basics are really easy once you learn them- I was cutting letters the first weekend I had mine w/o any problems at all. My problem is I don't know how to use drawing tools that come with the Create and Cut program (or Illustrator for that matter). Once I learn how to use those tools, they sky is the limit. I'm just not there yet, so it's really frustrating to me. And, like I said before, I'm a visual learner- it takes reading the tutorials a few times for things to click with me. Also, the wb owners who had their machines before Xyron put out the pink machine don't have the Create and Cut software and, from my understanding, it won't be available to them (they have to purchase it if they want it for $90:scared1: ) until later this month, so the new wb owners are kinda on their own with the new software. Some of the gals on the yahoo group are trying to put together tutorials for it, but right now they are kinda winging it because they don't actually have the software. I would say that in about a month, the ladies over there will have good tutorials up for the new software. Oh, the basic software for both wbs are the same- the Create and Cut is just a new software that allows you to create drawings/outlines and cut them out w/o using another software program. I guess it's supposed to help save steps, unless you are using a file that the CnC doesn't support, then you have to use another software to convert it to a file it does support.

I know, it all makes my head spin sometimes too!:rotfl: Jen, I would suggest that if you are at all interested in the wb, go sign up at the yahoo group and read, read, read. There is a bit of a learning curve to it, but don't let that scare you into not getting one.:)

I actually joined the wb group several months ago :blush: LOL I won't be getting one til at least August (my bday) or Christmas. My graduation gift is Disney, so I can't complain. Besides, you girls can work out all the bugs and tell me the tricks you've learned by the time I get it :) hehe I am actually glad I am not getting it yet - I simply do not have the time to play with it, what with finishing up nursing school, shaking in my boots at the prospect of interviewing (after being a SAHM for almost 9 years), orienting to my new job once I get one, and getting used to being a working mom again. *eek* But I'll vicariously live through y'all ;)

I offer freebie gsd files on my blog that change daily for anyone interested.
Enjoy!
Chris

visualdesignsbychris.blogspot.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter