Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

I noticed this and if you register after 5/1 you need to fill it in at registration. It means making it through the short open windows seems much harder to accomplish. This is my first attempt at registering after everything is closed and I much prefer the stress of registration day since at least it is confined to a few hours.
I tried getting into Princess last minute this year (unsuccessfully) and trying to fill out the POT is what cost me I'm sure. I thought about rolling the dice and skipping it and trying to get them to bump me at expo. But instead I continued to try to get all my POT info in and never was fast enough.

I tried getting into Princess last minute this year (unsuccessfully) and trying to fill out the POT is what cost me I'm sure. I thought about rolling the dice and skipping it and trying to get them to bump me at expo. But instead I continued to try to get all my POT info in and never was fast enough.

I am afraid of that but don't want to risk being in the wrong corral. I am prepared to go the charity route if I can't get in myself but I have the page pre-loaded at home and work and just refresh it all day hoping to get lucky before the alerts go out.

I am afraid of that but don't want to risk being in the wrong corral. I am prepared to go the charity route if I can't get in myself but I have the page pre-loaded at home and work and just refresh it all day hoping to get lucky before the alerts go out.
Good luck! I only started trying a couple weeks out from the race and I was ALWAYS in the car driving my kids to school when I would get alerts. Hopefully you will have better luck than me! If you haven't already auto-save all of your info so you only have a few fields to fill out if/when it opens up.

For all the crazy party-to-5K people like me, we finally got Halloween Party details! Tickets for on-site guests go on sale on Wednesday!
I don’t think I could handle that but more power to you… that said depending if my sister is coming Thursday or Friday (she’s just doing 10k) I may skyliner to studios to see fantasmic on Halloween then Power Nap till 1am

I was really hoping for a party on the 30th. I was going back and forth on the party on the 31st, and totally would've gone for it if it was just my husband and I running. But since our year old will be with us, I think it'll be too much for him. I'm hoping Boardwalk has some fun Halloween things for us to do.

My 13 yr old son is doing the 10k with me. I know runDisney is particular about other people picking up bibs, but will he have to be with me to get his bib since he’s a minor? I’d prefer for him to fly down later with his dad so he doesn’t miss school on Friday.

My 13 yr old son is doing the 10k with me. I know runDisney is particular about other people picking up bibs, but will he have to be with me to get his bib since he’s a minor? I’d prefer for him to fly down later with his dad so he doesn’t miss school on Friday.
I believe parents can pick up minors bibs for them but I could be wrong

Thanks all! I know a guardian has to pick up the bib, but I wasn’t sure if he physically had to be there with me.

For all the crazy party-to-5K people like me, we finally got Halloween Party details! Tickets for on-site guests go on sale on Wednesday!
I totally would do it if I were going to be down on Halloween. I don’t want to miss trick-or-treating with my kids so I’m not flying down until the 1st. I bet you won’t be the only party-to-5ker!! ….cant believe we’re already talking about Halloween!

I totally would do it if I were going to be down on Halloween. I don’t want to miss trick-or-treating with my kids so I’m not flying down until the 1st. I bet you won’t be the only party-to-5ker!! ….cant believe we’re already talking about Halloween!
In 2019 when races fell the same weekend the dj was hands up anyone who is still in their costume for MNSSHP and slept in the parking lot lots of hands (same with springtime surprise 2023 when runners drove from Tampa Eras and ran those races)

In 2019 when races fell the same weekend the dj was hands up anyone who is still in their costume for MNSSHP and slept in the parking lot lots of hands (same with springtime surprise 2023 when runners drove from Tampa Eras and ran those races)
I’m definitely not wearing the same costume—8-10 hours in Florida, even in the evening at the end of October is quite enough for any one outfit 😝😝

Question for you RunDisney pros
DH and I will be running the half marathon
We just booked our flights tickets and my kids and parents will be coming with us!
My immediate family have AP but my parents don’t. Could we give them the party ticket so we can enter Epcot after 5PM on the Sunday night and enjoy a celebratory dinner and maybe ride a few rides before 9?

Question for you RunDisney pros
DH and I will be running the half marathon
We just booked our flights tickets and my kids and parents will be coming with us!
My immediate family have AP but my parents don’t. Could we give them the party ticket so we can enter Epcot after 5PM on the Sunday night and enjoy a celebratory dinner and maybe ride a few rides before 9?
If history is on your side, absolutely.
They say non transferable but people (myself included) have given or sold tickets for the past years and never had a problem.
The easiest way is to link the number on the back of the party ticket to their MDE and they can just scan into the park with their magic band. If that’s not an option then they just present the physical ticket you give them, no one has ever been ID flagged that I’ve heard about.

Am I crazy for actually considering going on 10/31? I've never actually done one of these parties (except for After Hours at HS last year) and the cost seems ridiculous to me, but I am feeling the FOMO so hard today and I'm unsure what to do. $200 for a few hours at MK seems ludicrous to me. What am I missing?

Am I crazy for actually considering going on 10/31? I've never actually done one of these parties (except for After Hours at HS last year) and the cost seems ridiculous to me, but I am feeling the FOMO so hard today and I'm unsure what to do. $200 for a few hours at MK seems ludicrous to me. What am I missing?
I bought my ticket today and am pretty sure there are at least a few more folks here doing it. I have done MNSSHP before but never on Halloween night, and I'm staying at Poly so it'll be easy to get back to the resort when I decide to leave. I never sleep well before the 5K and it's the only race I'm doing, so why not, right? (I'm hoping to get into one of the dessert parties, too.)

If you are into Halloween at all, it is worth doing once. The characters, fireworks, stage show and parade are all fantastic -- and I am not normally a fireworks/show/parade person at all.

I bought my ticket today and am pretty sure there are at least a few more folks here doing it. I have done MNSSHP before but never on Halloween night, and I'm staying at Poly so it'll be easy to get back to the resort when I decide to leave. I never sleep well before the 5K and it's the only race I'm doing, so why not, right? (I'm hoping to get into one of the dessert parties, too.)

If you are into Halloween at all, it is worth doing once. The characters, fireworks, stage show and parade are all fantastic -- and I am not normally a fireworks/show/parade person at all.
My family has never been into parades, and we didn't watch any when I was a kid. We would watch Boo to You on repeat for hours if we had the chance! I last did MNSSHP in 2011 and I know they've added quite a few things.

1715188873825.gif

I’ve heard that the Boo to You parade is one of the best in all of Disney World. Mostly, I’m just a huge Halloween fan and since I’m going to be in the parks on 10/31, how could I pass up the chance to enjoy a Disney Halloween??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter