Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

Question for those rundisney vets on shirt sizing. Do the women's shirts run short? Some races (non-disney) I go with men's sizes because I have a long torso. I haven't done rundisney since 2013 and I'm pretty sure the shirts were unisex sizing back then!
I don't have a long torso, but I don't think they run short. Worth noting that once you get your shirt you can try it on and switch it out for a different size (if they have it available) if you need to. My friend has even switched a women's shirt for a men's. At Princess this year I got one wrong size shirt in my bundle (did the challenge, my half shirt was the wrong size). I went to switch it out and they were able to give me the correct size no problem. The CM working did say they don't have a ton of shirts to switch out with on the first day of the expo, but by the last day they usually have a bunch in each size.

For those that had issues while trying to register, make sure to check your credit card. I wasn't able to register because of the shirt size issue but my card was charged. My friend was able to register us but her several attempts were also charged.
Those should be pending charges. Credit cards transactions don't post to your account immediately; they show as pending for a day or so. They will fall off very soon (I had about 5 and they all fell off by this morning).

After experiencing the terrible online queue for W&D registration, I got to see how good it could be when I bought some concert tickets that just went on sale. You automatically got a queue ID when you joined, and once the sale opened up, you were placed in line and could see how many people were ahead of you in line. It was fast, transparent, and easy; i.e., not RunDisney.

1710367939337.jpeg

1710367957516.jpeg

After experiencing the terrible online queue for W&D registration, I got to see how good it could be when I bought some concert tickets that just went on sale. You automatically got a queue ID when you joined, and once the sale opened up, you were placed in line and could see how many people were ahead of you in line. It was fast, transparent, and easy; i.e., not RunDisney.

View attachment 841518

View attachment 841519
DVC has a queue system for their Moonlight Magic events and it shows number of people ahead in queue, so it's not beyond Disney figuring out.

Question for those rundisney vets on shirt sizing. Do the women's shirts run short? Some races (non-disney) I go with men's sizes because I have a long torso. I haven't done rundisney since 2013 and I'm pretty sure the shirts were unisex sizing back then!
I have a long torso also!!! I wear an extra small in the race shirt and it is fine. I actually have a small in the weekend tshift from the disneyland half and it is long even on me!

View attachment 841518

View attachment 841519
Until the concert tickets you're trying to get are Taylor Swift and the queue is just 20,000 people in front of you and then you get in after two hours and it's sold out. 😭 🤣

Is anyone else stalking the registration page to see if anything opens up? I know there are automated ways to be notified, but I prefer to also occasionally check the source. My husband somehow forgot to register on Tuesday. 😲

Is anyone else stalking the registration page to see if anything opens up? I know there are automated ways to be notified, but I prefer to also occasionally check the source. My husband somehow forgot to register on Tuesday. 😲
Honestly I think the website gets updated more slowly, like you won't see the "Register" button appear immediately and the race will sellout again.

The Telegram feed has a direct link to the race registration that you can click on when the races open 👍

I really hope they change the course back from the one they used the last 2 years. The current course causes massive traffic issues. Last year, my post-race trip from Wilderness Lodge to Epcot took 90min.
I'd probably do this race weekend if they went back to the pre-COVID map but it's become very clear that their priority is having start and finish in the same place (Epcot), probably for easy setup and takedown and no complications with bussing racers.

Now that the registration melee is over, I went back and checked out the merch. For once I actually like the women's jacket!

Has anyone ordered the women's weekend jacket for a recent race, and can you comment on sizing? I haven't bought a runDisney race jacket in years, the last time I did (2018 marathon) the sizing was waay off!

Specifically curious about arm length and how it fits on taller women with swimmer shoulders :)... but any info is helpful!

I miss the MK start too! Cutting AK from the course stinks!

Objectively, running on highways for 85% of the time smells better than running past the water treatment facility and rhino enclosures. But a certain experience is certainly missing from the new course map. The precovid map had a lot of variation in the areas you were running, and it kept the race from being boring. The first W&D course was an out and back from WWOS to AK, to HS, and then Epcot, so it could be worse.

Now that the registration melee is over, I went back and checked out the merch. For once I actually like the women's jacket!

Has anyone ordered the women's weekend jacket for a recent race, and can you comment on sizing? I haven't bought a runDisney race jacket in years, the last time I did (2018 marathon) the sizing was waay off!

Specifically curious about arm length and how it fits on taller women with swimmer shoulders :)... but any info is helpful!
Bought the disneyland half one. I have long arms and torso and narrow hips. I got the small size and i find the arm length is not bad. A little tight when i use the thumb loops but not as bad as others i have owned. My problem with it (other than the lack of a hood) is that it flares out at the hips which i dont like.

The women’s weekend jacket looks to be a very similar, if not the same, fit as from marathon weekend. I usually wear a XS/s in most clothing, but since the smallest size they had was a medium, that’s what I got. I really like the fit, and would probably get the same size again. It’s good for layering and isn’t too fitted on me. The arms are a little long on me.
For reference. I’m about 125ish lb and 5’2”:
1710593534747.jpeg

Well, I'm out for W&D. Missed registration because our car broke down the week before we went on vacation and all my extra funds went to a rental so we could keep our plans. I'm bummed, but I also have a local half marathon in November anyway, so not too bummed.

Might try for a Disneyland race because we want to go to Disneyland next year.

Just had a thought: usually Test Track is one of the rides they keep open during the after party. Do you think they’ll come up with another attraction to fill in the gap?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter