Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

DH and I are in for the Challenge! Up until a few days ago we weren't planning to do it, but the traditional Mickey theme convinced me, plus 2024 would have been the first year since starting to RunDisney in 2017 that we weren't going to do at least one weekend, and I just couldn't have that!

I encountered the shirt size glitch as well!

View attachment 841240

Did anyone have this error and figure it out? Not mine, was trying to help someone and they could not get payment to go through. I'm not sure if this was the only error message they got or if they got other errors. They tried with multiple queue links. They tried other browsers, other devices, to no avail. I feel bad and was hoping someone else has seen this and has figured it out to let them know for next time. This was their first rD registration, so I'm wondering if it's an issue with their account. (I advised them to open the new queue link in an incognito browser and to log in again, and it sounds like that still didn't work, lots of pending charges but no actual confirmation ever.)
I got that message too. I was going to sign my wife and I up for the half marathon and that happens. Logged in at 9 CST and got that message at 11:25. So mad. I created a twitter account so I could follow run Disney alerts account. Oh well.

Last edited:
I know 99% of folks have no real interest in the 2nd part of this, but I've got to say it's been a heckuva stressful day, but a good one!

It started by wading through the registration process to get DW and myself 3 bibs for W&D with the system not wanting to cooperate after getting through on a shared queue.

Then, this afternoon, Arsenal needed extra time and penalty kicks to advance in the Champions' League!

I can't take many days like this. Especially after DW accidentally threw out my bp meds while cleaning out the medicine cabinet last week! Wait, what do you mean I've got to do all this again in 4 weeks when Marathon Weekend registration opens?!

I know 99% of folks have no real interest in the 2nd part of this, but I've got to say it's been a heckuva stressful day, but a good one!

It started by wading through the registration process to get DW and myself 3 bibs for W&D with the system not wanting to cooperate after getting through on a shared queue.

Then, this afternoon, Arsenal needed extra time and penalty kicks to advance in the Champions' League!

I can't take many days like this. Especially after DW accidentally threw out my bp meds while cleaning out the medicine cabinet last week! Wait, what do you mean I've got to do all this again in 4 weeks when Marathon Weekend registration opens?!
Work got in the way of me even checking on Champions' League games. I'm sad I missed watching now!

For those that had issues while trying to register, make sure to check your credit card. I wasn't able to register because of the shirt size issue but my card was charged. My friend was able to register us but her several attempts were also charged.

For those that had issues while trying to register, make sure to check your credit card. I wasn't able to register because of the shirt size issue but my card was charged. My friend was able to register us but her several attempts were also charged.

That happened to me last year during W&D registration. Those charges all get reversed within a couple of days. They have to give the hamsters powering the IT infrastructure a little breather before correcting the credit card issues.

My sister went to book rooms after work and the main WDW site was down (she did book dolphin as a placeholder which will be an interesting change from values or French quarter)

Anyone here staying at the Shades of Green for the race weekend? How is it? I stayed at the Pop last year and it was fun mingling with everyone and talking about their experience and whatnot

Hey - most of us are 1) Disney fans, 2) self-described runners and / or running enthusiasts, 3) posters on a public forum message board, or some combination thereof.

This is a no-judgment zone for niche interests! Congrats on making it in!

Anyone here staying at the Shades of Green for the race weekend? How is it? I stayed at the Pop last year and it was fun mingling with everyone and talking about their experience and whatnot
Not staying at SoG this time, but have stayed there for marathon weekend in the past. Some pros: Beautiful resort, lower price, larger rooms than most WDW rooms, nice restaurants, civilian prices on goods, and no taxes! Con: bus system- it’s on a schedule, and I always just missed it😀, you have to show ID from the hotel to ride, it drops off at TTC for both MK and Epcot so you have to take the monorail from that point. We usually walked over to Poly and used their transportation, but that’s not an option at the time because of the Poly construction. BTW After the half marathon that year, we took the SoG bus and waited “forever” because runners were still on the road passing the only entrance to the resort. After the marathon, we took the monorail to TTC and walked back to SoG by way of Poly. We only sat on a bench once during that slow walk.😂

Hi Disfriends! What a day yesterday…so incredibly stressful. However, I cannot thank the folks on here enough. I love the Disboards, because everyone is so incredibly supportive and helpful. Extra special thanks go to @Supparo and @Disneyhanna and all the folks who were so wonderfully willing to share their links. My friend and I were on speakerphone for over two hours trying to register ourselves and our husbands for races. She was missing work meetings, and I was missing Epcot with my family. Thanks to either Supparo or Disneyhanna’s link (not sure which link worked?) we were able to register.

It felt so comforting to know that others were in the same “over one hour” boat that we were, and so wonderful to see so many folks helping others out. This Disney community is fantastic!

Thank you, friends, for being so awesome. I hope everyone has a much less stressful day today.

Talk about stress!

I'm a Liverpool fan and my dad is a City fan. I'm temporarily living with my parents while I sell my house and buy a new one since I'm now 70 miles away, and my dad and I were in separate rooms Sunday. My poor mother!

Question for those rundisney vets on shirt sizing. Do the women's shirts run short? Some races (non-disney) I go with men's sizes because I have a long torso. I haven't done rundisney since 2013 and I'm pretty sure the shirts were unisex sizing back then!

Question for those rundisney vets on shirt sizing. Do the women's shirts run short? Some races (non-disney) I go with men's sizes because I have a long torso. I haven't done rundisney since 2013 and I'm pretty sure the shirts were unisex sizing back then!
I just wore my HM shirt yesterday and actually thought about how long it was! I don’t have a long torso at all but I think you’d be okay.

I don't think I commented yesterday, but I'm in for the 5K and the Challenge! I ended up having to register my running coach and his wife because they weren't available for registration which also added another layer of stress to the process. But, despite a few glitches with the IT I got it done and everyone was happy.

Sorry to hear of everyone's troubles yesterday. I experienced them as well, but it's even more frustrating when you miss out on the races you wanted because of IT issues. Trust me, it's happened to me before and I'm sure it will happen again. I implore anyone who missed out and still wants to run to find a charity bib. Raising the money is not always super easy, but it makes the race weekends more meaningful when you have a cause and a mission. I've pretty much exhausted my fundraising base having run with charities the last couple of years or else I would have snagged a charity bib for this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter