Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

Why do you think closing Test Track would impact the course? I doubt the refurb they're doing will impact the exterior of the building that much.
I mean I assumed they would be parking construction vehicles backstage at bare minimum

I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 mile this weekend, and used that for my POT. I'm hoping it'll give me a Corral A placement.
So jealous. I love the Cherry Blossom and missed the lottery this year. Next year, I get an auto placement since it’ll be after 2 misses.

Hope you had some good blossoms.

So jealous. I love the Cherry Blossom and missed the lottery this year. Next year, I get an auto placement since it’ll be after 2 misses.

Hope you had some good blossoms.
As my luck would have it, peak bloom was the second earliest in history, so most of the blossoms were gone by the time we got there. It was still a lovely course though.

Does anyone here know how the 5k corrals are assigned? Since there's no POT, I would assume people lie and say that they can run the fastest option that was given? So then is it just completely random? If I have a POT for the challenge, will I get the same corral for the 5k? Edited to add: I did not lie on my pace, but just assume people might.

Last edited:

Does anyone here know how the 5k corrals are assigned? Since there's no POT, I would assume people lie and say that they can run the fastest option that was given? So then is it just completely random? If I have a POT for the challenge, will I get the same corral for the 5k? Edited to add: I did not lie on my pace, but just assume people might.
the 5k is by the honour system, with a dash of randomness thrown in.

And people do lie. I mentioned it before, how I saw a little girl who must've been 5 with a corral A assignment, who when my 6yr old ask how they got, the mom essentially said she lied to get to start sooner.

the 5k is by the honour system, with a dash of randomness thrown in.

And people do lie. I mentioned it before, how I saw a little girl who must've been 5 with a corral A assignment, who when my 6yr old ask how they got, the mom essentially said she lied to get to start sooner.
Okay gotchya. Maybe it won't be as bad as I'm expecting then. But wow just bold face lying and teaching your 5 year old that it's okay, some people smh.

I can't decide if I should preorder merch. I want 3 of the 4 items in the weekend bundle, AND I won't get my AP/DVC discount if I preorder. But I'll also be really bummed if I don't get the shoe ornament.
And then the chef hat and AP spirit jersey. I want them, but I'd save $22 waiting to buy in person...

I think what I'll do is order the bundle and the spirit jersey, and then take a gable on the hat. I just need to double check what size my spirit jersey is.

Do you usually get an email about POT being accepted? If so, how long does it usually take? I updated registration today

Do you usually get an email about POT being accepted? If so, how long does it usually take? I updated registration today
You don't find out whether your PoT was accepted until you pick up your bib at the Expo during race weekend. You can get a pretty good idea of whether it was accepted or not by the bib number you'll get when runner tracking/Expo passes go live, but the letter on the bib is the definitive indicator.

You don't find out whether your PoT was accepted until you pick up your bib at the Expo during race weekend. You can get a pretty good idea of whether it was accepted or not by the bib number you'll get when runner tracking/Expo passes go live, but the letter on the bib is the definitive indicator.
I had an issue one race with RD not being able to verify with the link I provided and was put in last start group. Was able to go to runner relations at bib pickup and they corrected it for me.

I can't decide if I should preorder merch. I want 3 of the 4 items in the weekend bundle, AND I won't get my AP/DVC discount if I preorder. But I'll also be really bummed if I don't get the shoe ornament.
And then the chef hat and AP spirit jersey. I want them, but I'd save $22 waiting to buy in person...

I think what I'll do is order the bundle and the spirit jersey, and then take a gable on the hat. I just need to double check what size my spirit jersey is.
That was my dilemma too (different items, but same concept). I figured that I would be bummed if I got to the expo and couldn't get certain items, so I preordered them. I figured it was worth the 'extra cost' (not getting my AP discount) to ensure I would get those items.

That was my dilemma too (different items, but same concept). I figured that I would be bummed if I got to the expo and couldn't get certain items, so I preordered them. I figured it was worth the 'extra cost' (not getting my AP discount) to ensure I would get those items.
That's what my husband told me to do too. He figures it's worth the $20 to not have to hear me complain that I didn't get what I wanted 😆

I am going to try and get either a challenge or half and make it a solo weekend trip. I'll search for the telegram instructions and might just do charity if the fundraising isn't too high since I'd just pay it.

As often as I go down I'd feel real weird asking my friends to donate it for me to go on another trip even though it's for charity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter