Will people return to cruising?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happened to see this just a few minutes ago on social media. It illustrates some of what I keep posting.

The study said that if Kentucky had not had their stay at home orders, they would have 10 times more positive cases and 2,000 more deaths as of April 25.

April 25, they had 3903 positive cases and 205 deaths.

I would love to see all states put out this kind of information.

http://isfe.uky.edu/sites/ISFE/files/research-pdfs/Strong Social Distancing_KY_FINAL (003).pdf

If you are sick, very old, or just scared then stay home. The rest should be able to live their lives. If everyone stays at home we will not develop herd immunity. Herd immunity will reduce the virus to flu like levels but not if no one is allowed out. The young and healthy should go out, have fun, and kill the virus.

Yes thousands may die, but 4 million people are injured by cars each year, should end all car travel?

Last edited:
I want to point out that the Covid figures are with some kind of stay at home order in most of the states. If we had not done that........?
Agreed. Also as one of the (thousands? tens of thousands? hundreds of thousands?) of people who could not get a Covid test where I live, despite having all the classic symptoms, and as someone who knows many others who were in the same situation, I don't think you can take any of the Covid statistics seriously. The NY Times did an interesting analysis of all the unexplained deaths in excess of historical averages these past couple months that were not counted in the Covid tally but statistically are likely cause by it.

Last edited:
If you are sick, very old, or just scared then stay home. The rest should be able to live their lives. If everyone stays at home we will not develop herd immunity. Herd immunity will reduce the virus to flu like levels but not if no one is allowed out. The young and healthy should go out, have fun, and kill the virus.
I'm 33, in good health, and this virus hit me like nothing I've experienced before. Please, don't assume that if you are young your are safe. There are so many young people dying tragically or spending weeks in the ICU.

Also as one of the (thousands? tens of thousands? hundreds of thousands?) of people who could not get a Covid test where I live, despite having all the classic symptoms, and as someone who knows many others who were in the same situation, I don't think you can take any of the Covid statistics seriously. The NY Times did an interesting analysis of all the unexplained deaths in excess of historical averages these past couple months that were not counted in the Covid tally but statistically are likely cause by it.

You are right and I believe Kentucky has a abysmal number of tests that have been done. It is definitely going to take some time to get this sorted out.

Yes thousands may die, but 4 million people are injured by cars each year, should end all car travel?

We are no where near herd immunity. They say 70-90% of the population needs to get it to achieve it. They aren't even sure right now, if once you test positive, that you have any amount of immunity that prevents you from getting it again.

I give you something to read:

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-comments-about-herd-immunity/

Looks like this thread has also devolved to arguing the politics of stay home orders. I will be closing this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter