Why is this forum so dead?

Eeyoreloverforever

Mouseketeer
With all the people who love Disney and who buy Disney things, I would think we should be able to keep this thread going for a long time with just photos of people's Disney homes. Or at least talk of how you display your things in your homes.

I know I could sure use some help in deciding how to decorate Disney!!

I don't want my house to look like a cartoon as I tend to lean more to a formal style (soft furnishings, dark woods, candles and throws for comfort), but I think Disney is such a part of who we are that we should incorporate it into our decor.

I probably display and then take down our Disney things about three times a year. I miss it and Disney so bring it out. Then after a few weeks think it looks too much like a kids room and take it down.

I do have a few things that are out all the time, but no one really notices them. Our Mickey silverware and salt and pepper grinders. I just can't put those away.

Show me your homes!!!!! Be proud of loving Disney!

I'm addicted to all the design shows but haven't done much lately in my own home. Sometimes I read the threads here but rarely post, except to comment on someone else's home photos.

I have 2 rooms with disney things in them - my "library" of sorts, and my scrapbook room, mostly figurines. I do have a disney tree that I put up at Christmas.

I'm just about to redecorate my 4 year old son's room with a disney-esque design... thought I might find some tips here, but oh, well!

He's a big Donald Duck fan, so that's my starting point anyway.

When I'm done, I'll post pics!

Oh how I wished I took pics when my girls were younger...we had the cutest Pooh bathroom for them.

I had bright red rugs and red & yellow towels...then I found pooh towels that add a splash of blue. I also bought all the toiletry accessories for the bath...soap dispenser, tissue holder, shower curtain etc...all with pooh and bumbly bees on them.

The last thing that fishished it was I sponged a checkerboard boarder along the wall near the ceiling and added a hot yellow dot every so often between the checks. It was so cute & well missed.

2 of my girls also had a classic pooh bedroom...it was very simple and open. I had painted their walls a very pale soft blue that matched the classic pooh soft blue/yellow striped wallpaper and border that matched. We went half way up the wall with the papers and placed a chair rail to finish it off. They had all white funiture & my hubbie built them a doll/bookshelf. All their classic pooh collection & american girl dolls had a nice home :) It looked very "Pottery Barn-ish"

I'll be sure to post once we get our projects - a Mickey playroom and bathroom - going, but since we haven't even closed on the new house yet, it might be a while! In the meantime, I'm just popping in every now and again to see if anyone else has posted ideas. :)

there used to be a bunch of threads here, but they are no longer here. I do missing looking at all the rooms that were posted.

I love interior decorating... I wish this board were more active too! I've been kind of obsessed with the Thom Felicia blog with interior design tips... makes me really wish I could win that $25,000 to redesign my house. I could do SO much with that kind of money! It would be totally amazing.

there used to be a bunch of threads here, but they are no longer here. I do missing looking at all the rooms that were posted.

On the thread list page, go down and reset the time frame for the threads. That's probably why you don't see the rest of the threads. I did that once before until someone told me it was there :)

On the thread list page, go down and reset the time frame for the threads. That's probably why you don't see the rest of the threads. I did that once before until someone told me it was there :)

:worship: :worship: Thank you! Now I can go back to flipping through everyone else's great ideas as I plan the decor for the new house. I was so disappointed when I lost the Mickey bathrooms thread, because that's what I'm planning for the main floor bath. ::MickeyMo

I ordered like $200 worth of Hannah Montana stuff for the girls' room while DisneyShopping had their Presidents Day sale going, so that's going to be the first project... Trying to walk the line between DD7's dream HM room and my :snooty: dislike of over-the-top trendy character decor.

good to know. thanks :thumbsup2

I made this headboard for our Disney room

IMG_2205.jpg

Very cute headboard! Was it very difficult to do?

I have a Disney laundry room, and I've just started a Disney bathroom. I'll post pics asap, if anyone is interested.

The headboard wasn't that difficult! Being in the business and having the tools makes it fairly easy! It is in two pieces. The main headboard is padded and covered. Then I cut out the Mickey, padded it and covered it. The Mickey is then attached from the back!

Measure from the floor up to the top of your mattress. You want the head board to come down a few inches below the top of the mattress. Measure the width of the bed frame.

I use 2X4 to build the square frame. I then attach a 1/4" thick piece of luan. Add the foam rubber and then cover with your fabric. I cut the Mickey out of 3/4" plywood.

This makes the headboard fairly lightweight and easy to move.

I would love to see pictures you have!

I would love the see the laundry room. Mine is not decorated and I honestly never thought to do it Disney! Please post pictures of you get a chance!:)

The head board looks great! And it doesn't even seem that hard...well except for me, since I have no skills with tools! ;)

my house is eventually going to be themed as such:

Kitchen - Adventureland - anything Tiki , jungle (but not cutesy), Indiana Jones or Pirates of the Caribbean
Dining Room - Frontierland - Big Thunder Mountain and Old West
Living Room - Tomorrowland - It is a black, silver and white color scheme with attraction art planned for the walls
Stairwell - Main St USA basically a vintage Americana theme, with a firm grasp on the Victorian styles from early american colonial building. I plan on including the *shops* on each window, like on Main St
Master Bedroom - Fantasyland -light pink, powder blue and cream with sparkles with Princess themed wall art and decor
Master Bathroom - Donald Duck - My husband’s favorite character ever, and so I gave him the Master bath to show his love. The colors are Blue, White, Yellow and Orange
Foyer/Loft area - World Showcase - mostly Morroccan themed, but I want a piece of each land to be present
Office/Studio - Mickey Mouse - Red, Black and White with a hint of yellow. Bold Mickey Icons everywhere

my house is eventually going to be themed as such:

Kitchen - Adventureland - anything Tiki , jungle (but not cutesy), Indiana Jones or Pirates of the Caribbean
Dining Room - Frontierland - Big Thunder Mountain and Old West
Living Room - Tomorrowland - It is a black, silver and white color scheme with attraction art planned for the walls
Stairwell - Main St USA basically a vintage Americana theme, with a firm grasp on the Victorian styles from early american colonial building. I plan on including the *shops* on each window, like on Main St
Master Bedroom - Fantasyland -light pink, powder blue and cream with sparkles with Princess themed wall art and decor
Master Bathroom - Donald Duck - My husband’s favorite character ever, and so I gave him the Master bath to show his love. The colors are Blue, White, Yellow and Orange
Foyer/Loft area - World Showcase - mostly Morroccan themed, but I want a piece of each land to be present
Office/Studio - Mickey Mouse - Red, Black and White with a hint of yellow. Bold Mickey Icons everywhere

That sounds really cool! My DH isn't a big enough Disney nut to go for it. :sad2: I'm happy to have my Disney bathroom, and even that will be pretty subtle, in the artwork and accessories.

Though I suppose I could say the rest of the house is resort-themed... There are definite notes of Grand Floridian, Beach Club, and Yacht Club in my palatte and decor choices! :laughing:

my hubby is pretty laid back, as long as i dont mess with his couch and TV, i am good haha

it was really hard to pick the themes, and when we move to SoCal, i might re-do them (depending on the size of the house and such)

Its probably because it's so difficult to bring up home ideas. Having said that, I will have some AWESOME photos to post this evening. We have the master bedroom and bathroom decorated into The Pirates of the Caribbean, and by that I don't mean a few things here and there! I mean the ENTIRE room IS The Pirates of the Caribbean. Will post pictures tonight.

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter