Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

We were there May 21-27 the week before Memorial Day we had like ten raindrops the whole trip :D. Planning Planning def helps things go smoother. We always try to do things or eat places that we haven't done yet. By checking Fastpasses while we were there we lucked out and got one for Fantasmic and our last day for Soarin old film but new screens. It also was our first Flower and Garden which was so beautiful!!! One thing we did for the first time was get a ride down Mainstreet in one of the old time cars, they drop you off at castle and I believe this only happens in the early morning :thumbsup2. Also rode Mine Train love love love so much fun ::yes::.
Counting down already to next trip and looking forward to our Yacht Club being refreshed and all the new things coming to Hollywood and Animal Kingdom :dance3:
Did it just appear and you hopped on? This sounds great! ... except for the fact that we're not morning people and will probably never get to see this :-/

Hi there!:wave: Joining in from Michigan. My DH and I are almost yearly F&W goers (we married same year it started). He wants to go again this year, but I have other thoughts. We took our three kiddos for Christmas/ NYE 2013/2014, and all want to do it again. I am hoping for 2017/2018. Wondering if I should just book the room I want now, and hope for reasonable package prices to come out, or try for renting DVC at that most difficult time of the year? We loved it at Christmas:santa:

I always have a dream about going this time and watching the fireworks from the top of BLT, as well as inside the park, of course! How did you guys do this? I wonder if it's best to go AFTER Christmas day or before Christmas. In my mind I envision opening up a Christmas present with a "We're going to Disney!" inside, or something, and then enjoying the day and leaving the next day, then returning the 2nd, since I wouldn't want to wake up for checkout on the 1st. I'm curious how others do it, though.

Hi there!:wave: Joining in from Michigan. My DH and I are almost yearly F&W goers (we married same year it started). He wants to go again this year, but I have other thoughts. We took our three kiddos for Christmas/ NYE 2013/2014, and all want to do it again. I am hoping for 2017/2018. Wondering if I should just book the room I want now, and hope for reasonable package prices to come out, or try for renting DVC at that most difficult time of the year? We loved it at Christmas:santa:
I would book the room, knowing that I can cancel without penalty later, and then try to rent points. This way, I'm guaranteed my top pick from booking way in advance, and am not disappointed in case the rental doesn't work out to get me the dates I want.

We're in the same boat, actually planning two trips. Am planning a big trip in 2021 for the 50th Anniversary of Magic Kingdom. Since 5 years is far too long to wait for a Dianey vacation, I too plan to return some time in 2017 or 2018. I have said before that Disney would best serve to allow those of us who plan vacations over a year in advance to book online reservations more than just 6 months ahead.
Do you know of any special plans the park is putting together for 2021?

I always have a dream about going this time and watching the fireworks from the top of BLT, as well as inside the park, of course! How did you guys do this? I wonder if it's best to go AFTER Christmas day or before Christmas. In my mind I envision opening up a Christmas present with a "We're going to Disney!" inside, or something, and then enjoying the day and leaving the next day, then returning the 2nd, since I wouldn't want to wake up for checkout on the 1st. I'm curious how others do it, though.
Mine will be a bit different, but with the same spirit. After pricing out DL versus WDW, we cancelled our surprise Christmas trip this year for a 2018 WDW trip (while the decorations are up). But...I'd already bought a 2016 Disney ornament. What to do? Well, I'll put it in with my other Disney ornaments (we buy each time we go) and ask them to tell me about each trip as they decorate the tree. When they get to the 2016 ornament, I'll let them know that we were supposed to go this year, but wanted to save up for one last family trip before the oldest DD goes to college, our "Last Hurrah."

So, December 1-9, 2018. BLT. There are 15 of us tentatively, friends and family, hoping to split two 2-bedrooms for maximum privacy per family. I'm going to let the DD's help research restaurants this time. I'm overjoyed to be going again, finally planning!

799 days!

Ok, as of today, everything is all booked for 2017! Changed things a zillion times but I think we are set now.

We're staying BC CL for Valentine's Day; BLT grand villa and AKL grand villa before and after our cruise in May; Poly CL for 4th of July; BWI CL for Labor Day; CR Tower Club and Poly King Kamehameha suite in October and GF RPC CL in November. *phew* I can't wait!
Wowza, what a year!! Way to go! Those are great dates! If you had opted for BLT for the 4th, you could have seen the fireworks from TotWL ... I think that'll be in our future, possibly in 2018. Exciting times ahead!

If you all need something to do while you are passing the time till your next disney trip...here you go!

Hi Everyone!!! I just wanted to post my group on here for when my inventory arrives, this is where I will be selling and out of my house as well! Please join and add your friends, I have a giveaway going on right now, if you add at least 3 friends to this group you will be put in the drawing for a Starbucks gift card! This ends tomorrow night!
Next week I will be giving away a couple pairs of our famous buttery smooth leggings!! <3 !!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/921777377934569/
I thought you were renting out dvc points lol

Oh boy my wife is going to hate that I found this hahahaha Planning on going again the first full week in February 2018 to escape the Michigan winter. Only 547 days!!!!! Still trying to decide on where to stay. Depends on if the in-laws are going or not. Thinking moderate if they join. Either POR or POFQ. If just the three of us I am leaning towards WL. Anyone have any experience renting the DVC points and how to figure it all out. Exploring all my options.

Thanks in advance for your help. Happy to be here.

2016 - Caribbean Beach (wont return)
2015- POR
late 90's - off property
mid 90's- Swan
may times growing up and always Fort Wilderness
Why yes, yes I do envy your wife for having a husband who is so on board with Disney that he's actually, literally, on the disboard planning! High five to you both! As for the DVC points, feel free to send me a message and I'll answer what I can for you :)

Booked June 24 - July, 2017 --- staying AoA.

I'm a cast member who works for ESPN so I'm usually down in FL a few times a year taking advantage of my nice perks. Haven't gone since November 2015, expecting first baby this year so no trips this year. First time in years with no Disney trips so I'm itching for June to get here!
Wait. So CMs don't all live in Orlando? I've always wondered about the perks. Can you tell me what some are?

Not quite planning yet but almost. I am going on a girls trip with my friend, sister and 5 year old in october. First 'real' trip. We went for the day last year after a cruise. There may or may not be a bounceback for mid December when we're there but I have jut about convinced my husband that should do a short Disney trip followed by a visit to see his grandparents and mom near Tampa. He says 2 days but I think I can talk him into three plus a Christmas party.

Starting to think about resorts so that if I can book a bounceback I'm ready.

Where would people recommend staying in December? Do some resorts have better decorations? Thinking about CBR right now.
Are bounceback better deals than renting DVC points?

Mine will be a bit different, but with the same spirit. After pricing out DL versus WDW, we cancelled our surprise Christmas trip this year for a 2018 WDW trip (while the decorations are up). But...I'd already bought a 2016 Disney ornament. What to do? Well, I'll put it in with my other Disney ornaments (we buy each time we go) and ask them to tell me about each trip as they decorate the tree. When they get to the 2016 ornament, I'll let them know that we were supposed to go this year, but wanted to save up for one last family trip before the oldest DD goes to college, our "Last Hurrah."

So, December 1-9, 2018. BLT. There are 15 of us tentatively, friends and family, hoping to split two 2-bedrooms for maximum privacy per family. I'm going to let the DD's help research restaurants this time. I'm overjoyed to be going again, finally planning!

799 days!

could you turn the 6 into an 8 and keep it hidden ... or tell them how it came to be and your plans?

Were staying at our favorite place The Yacht Club!!! Love it there
That place looks oh so lovely! I plan on snooping around it in a few weeks, as well as BWI while I'm at F&D. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a stay booked for us there in May.

could you turn the 6 into an 8 and keep it hidden ... or tell them how it came to be and your plans?
It's an actual Disney ornament. We'll let them know how it came to be and our plans. Though I know there will be initial sadness, but they will be excited for WDW!

So, with our trip planned and everything in place for this coming Jan-ADR's done, resort reservations taken care of, airfare complete, it's time to start planning for Dec of 2017... I'm thinking doing a 3 night/4 day WDW(upgrade Jan's tickets to AP) and follow it up with a 3-4 night Disney Cruise to the Bahamas, looking at prices I can do it, so I think I'm about to put in my deposit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter