Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

We stayed at all star movies post Christmas 2015 through the new year 2016 and after we got back got the post Disney blues. That was my wife and daughters first trip so what better way to get over the blues then booking our next Disney vaca. Just booked today for nov 12-21 2017 at the Art of Animation this time. We are a family of 3 so we are staying in the mermaid rooms. I was hesitant on booking this room due to all the posts saying how long the walk is to the buses and considered port orleans riverside royal room but decided to sacrifice walking for the savings when comparing the 2 options plus once my daughter heard little mermaid room she was sold and wouldn't change her mind, lol
Anybody know the actual distance from mermaid rooms to animation hall, also after we booked our last stay we got an information packet giving us our key dates for reservations and what not, do they send that out right away, can't quite remember
490 days!!!!!! So excited

I am obviously a Disney freak :) and even though I am not going to be able to afford to go back to my Happy Place until sometime in 2017 or 2018 that doesn't stop me from thinking about when to go, where we will stay, what extras we will budget for, etc.

So I figure there are probably other people out there like me so this is the thread for all of us that have the long wait till we can go back again.

You can come here and talk about all the ideas you have for your next trip to Disney.

Who's with me??!! :goodvibes
I'm right there with you! :rotfl::thumbsup2

Aiming for 2018, to be realistic, and that's what I've set my countdown ticker to. But hopefully I can get to go already in the second half of 2017, we'll see. :banana:

I'm all over these sites soaking up information, trip reports, tips & tricks and all the updated info that I can find since my last longer visit. :chat: :hyper2: :jester:

I have decided to try out a new resort experience, so I'm reading up all about that too. :teacher:

I like to be crazy prepared. :teeth:

In a while the color coded spreadsheet will probably make its return on my hard drive as well... Yeah, I'm that kind of Disney Freak Planner! :rotfl2:

:smickey:

:tinker:

I'm right there with you! :rotfl::thumbsup2

Aiming for 2018, to be realistic, and that's what I've set my countdown ticker to. But hopefully I can get to go already in the second half of 2017, we'll see. :banana:

I'm all over these sites soaking up information, trip reports, tips & tricks and all the updated info that I can find since my last longer visit. :chat: :hyper2: :jester:

I have decided to try out a new resort experience, so I'm reading up all about that too. :teacher:

I like to be crazy prepared. :teeth:

In a while the color coded spreadsheet will probably make its return on my hard drive as well... Yeah, I'm that kind of Disney Freak Planner! :rotfl2:

:smickey:

Lol, we drive down, I researched what gas stations along 95 are cheapest, still have my old notes so I'll have to reinvestigate anyway. Never deleted the wait times app, I'm on that everyday but yeah resort is the hardest choice yet we spend so little time there, ironic. Main reason I'm shying away from all star resorts next time is the shared bus rides, very few times I actually was able to sit down on the bus

I've stayed at ASMo, ASsp, WL, BWI and YC.

This time around I'm considering to try The Contemporary Resort. :yay:

I've visited there a few times and like the general resort feeling, I'm just not totally sold on the room design yet. And if I pick CR I really want to save up for Concierge Level too. And that wish sure doesn't come cheap, I've noticed... :scared1:

Oh, well. We'll see what I finally decide on. But I'm keeping my options open. :smickey:

We stayed at all star movies post Christmas 2015 through the new year 2016 and after we got back got the post Disney blues. That was my wife and daughters first trip so what better way to get over the blues then booking our next Disney vaca. Just booked today for nov 12-21 2017 at the Art of Animation this time. We are a family of 3 so we are staying in the mermaid rooms. I was hesitant on booking this room due to all the posts saying how long the walk is to the buses and considered port Orleans riverside royal room but decided to sacrifice walking for the savings when comparing the 2 options plus once my daughter heard little mermaid room she was sold and wouldn't change her mind, lol
Anybody know the actual distance from mermaid rooms to animation hall, also after we booked our last stay we got an information packet giving us our key dates for reservations and what not, do they send that out right away, can't quite remember
490 days!!!!!! So excited
Yay for booking your vacation! We booked ours the day dates released which I believe was June 25th. I just got my info booklet yesterday!

so I can just kill my dh. We are on the 5 year plan for Disney so 2018 will!3 our next trip.

I got an email from a DVC last minute deal site tonight and was looking at it and said oh we can stay here for 8 nights for X amount of money. My kids are like let's go but then found out no monorail at that resort and said no but let's go and stay at the poly...um no..

So I walked away and heard him saying 2 years which is the plan OR we can go next year to the kids, I told him no. He isn't the Disney freak in the family, thats me. He said well the kids are getting older. I still told him no because I need to save a but more money and just about have all our food money covered and one park hopper. So I need to save a lot more!

Yep I said no to Disney. Now if I get that handy dandy last minute special for April for the BC I will go for it since we will be in FL about a 4 hr drive away. But no park just one night.

Celebrating being under the 800 day mark :rolleyes:, keeps me going till our next visit. Counting down the days
796 DAYS TILL DISNEY :yay::yay::yay:

I think it is cool you have a countdown calendar! I know I have been tentatively planning my next vacation ever since I left my last one on February 17, 2014. So, I can totally relate to planning this far out!

Just checking in on the thread. Exciting news...we were originally booked in 2 Royal rooms at POR, but we rented points through an individual and secured a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club!! Excited does not begin to describe it!!!
:cloud9::cool1:

WOW OH WOW! :jumping1: Fantastic news! I would love to stay in a villa at Beach Club! I know I would be :dancer:!

So, can I ask is the cost for the 2 bedroom villa with rented points in the same range price wise or quite a bit more than the price of your original 2 Royal rooms at POR?

WOW OH WOW! :jumping1: Fantastic news! I would love to stay in a villa at Beach Club! I know I would be :dancer:!

So, can I ask is the cost for the 2 bedroom villa with rented points in the same range price wise or quite a bit more than the price of your original 2 Royal rooms at POR?

It is right in line with 2 POR RRs (no discount). POR would be cheaper if/when a discount was offered, but we decided to splurge a bit and know that we have everyone in the same room versus worrying about connecting or adjoining rooms. We really like the look of Beach Club and the fact that we can walk to Epcot and walk or take a boat to HS from there. Plus Storm Along Bay! We're really excited! There is no way we could stay there without renting points - I looked and 2 standard rooms would be way more than what we are paying on points, even with a 25% discount! I never thought a Deluxe resort would be in our budget with having to get accommodations for our large group, so I am definitely doing a happy dance!!
:cloud9:

FWIW, we also looked at a 2 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom, which was a bit cheaper than the 2 POR RRs (no discount), but transportation options at the Beach Club won out.

It is right in line with 2 POR RRs (no discount). POR would be cheaper if/when a discount was offered, but we decided to splurge a bit and know that we have everyone in the same room versus worrying about connecting or adjoining rooms. We really like the look of Beach Club and the fact that we can walk to Epcot and walk or take a boat to HS from there. Plus Storm Along Bay! We're really excited! There is no way we could stay there without renting points - I looked and 2 standard rooms would be way more than what we are paying on points, even with a 25% discount! I never thought a Deluxe resort would be in our budget with having to get accommodations for our large group, so I am definitely doing a happy dance!!
:cloud9:

FWIW, we also looked at a 2 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom, which was a bit cheaper than the 2 POR RRs (no discount), but transportation options at the Beach Club won out.

Wonderful! I totally understand! It makes sense to go with the two bedroom as opposed to paying the regular price for two POR RR rooms. Storm Along Bay will be so much fun and then you can just walk to EPCOT. It is ideal! And now you do not have to play the wait and see if discounts come out or not! WIN -WIN!!!!

Just checking in on the thread. Exciting news...we were originally booked in 2 Royal rooms at POR, but we rented points through an individual and secured a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club!! Excited does not begin to describe it!!!
:cloud9::cool1:
Oh I am so jealous!! I would love to syay at the beach club! If I wasn't going to try and snag free dining (hopefully!) I would totally try and rent points too!!

Ok, as of today, everything is all booked for 2017! Changed things a zillion times but I think we are set now.

We're staying BC CL for Valentine's Day; BLT grand villa and AKL grand villa before and after our cruise in May; Poly CL for 4th of July; BWI CL for Labor Day; CR Tower Club and Poly King Kamehameha suite in October and GF RPC CL in November. *phew* I can't wait!

Ok, as of today, everything is all booked for 2017! Changed things a zillion times but I think we are set now.

We're staying BC CL for Valentine's Day; BLT grand villa and AKL grand villa before and after our cruise in May; Poly CL for 4th of July; BWI CL for Labor Day; CR Tower Club and Poly King Kamehameha suite in October and GF RPC CL in November. *phew* I can't wait!
Are you DVC?

If you all need something to do while you are passing the time till your next disney trip...here you go!

Hi Everyone!!! I just wanted to post my group on here for when my inventory arrives, this is where I will be selling and out of my house as well! Please join and add your friends, I have a giveaway going on right now, if you add at least 3 friends to this group you will be put in the drawing for a Starbucks gift card! This ends tomorrow night!
Next week I will be giving away a couple pairs of our famous buttery smooth leggings!! <3 !!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/921777377934569/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter