Who is waiting to see what the point chart will be for Member Wish cruise?

There are ways Disney could use this to help with availability concerns, for those that don't know, when you book a cruise, here is what happens on the backend:
You book a room with points, that room with that many people is worth $xxxx, so Disney will take a DVC room from inventory and rent it out for cash for a similar dollar value and then they pay the cruise line on your behalf with that money.

What I think Disney could do, if they so choose is to essentially take that dollar amount from the marketing budget to pay the cruise line and not take a room out of inventory, which would then help address the availability concerns while still keeping everything within the legal limitations.

Additionally, since this isn't a "member cruise", but technically a "chartered cruise", which is a private cruise that DVC members are allowed to take, there may be different rules at play here that allow them to get more creative and if successful at getting rid of some excess points, I think they may even do a few more of these types of cruises to help.
They don't take a room which equates to the cost of the cruise....those points get turned over to DVC. Those points are used for rooms and rented for cash. The cash value is far higher than the conversion value.

Fine print on the revised chart says that categories 4, 3, and 2 sleep 5 - do you think it’s a typo that they omitted category 8 oceanview that clearly sleep 5 or are we not going to be allowed to book them as such? Any ideas?

I'm wondering if there are still mistakes on the chart. I noticed that going from cat 2B to 2A is a jump of 171 points just to get an extended verandah.
I would guess if it says family in the description it should sleep 5.

Fine print on the revised chart says that categories 4, 3, and 2 sleep 5 - do you think it’s a typo that they omitted category 8 oceanview that clearly sleep 5 or are we not going to be allowed to book them as such? Any ideas?
On the DCL website, it says Cat 8 cabins sleep 4 or 5.

On the DCL website, it says Cat 8 cabins sleep 4 or 5.

It says that for category 4 too - for two reasons based on past experiences. On the Dream and Fantasy this was because some rooms were not outfitted with the additional pull down Murphy bed and truly only sleep 4. Also, in the past we were told each section of the ship has an occupany limit. So even if you choose a room that sleeps 5 you may not be able to book 5 in that room.

I’m just wondering why it didn’t mention category 8 in the fine print....guess I won’t know until booking starts Monday.

Starting pricing is up for the non-DVC cruises. 3-Night begins at $3027 for June 17 for two. MV is $5769 for two.

I am pleased with prices for Maiden Voyage, since some were predicting much higher.

Maybe we will get the cash prices for DVC cruise sooner than Monday. It would be nice.

I am pleased with prices for Maiden Voyage, since some were predicting much higher.

Maybe we will get the cash prices for DVC cruise sooner than Monday. It would be nice.

They were posted on the site briefly yesterday before being taken down.

Attachments

• F08373AA-73C8-4E1D-9326-76B92A98F1E5.jpeg
    F08373AA-73C8-4E1D-9326-76B92A98F1E5.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 71
Thanks AmishGuy91. I can't read the amounts when enlarging. Can you let me know what the cash pricing is for Cat 11C and 6A? If it's what I think I am seeing, I'm out.

Thank you. Not quite as bad as I thought. The first time looked like a "2" to me and I thought "wow" but that is actually on par with the first public cruise on the 17th.
Me too, the first digit seemed to not be a 1 when I enlarged.

I know this is a horrible waste of points in terms of the monetary value being about $8.50 per point which barely covers maintenance fees (maybe not even that if you consider the $95 fee). Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure I'm going to book anyway Monday (cant believe I'm saying this after 20 years of "never ever" when it comes to using points for a cruise.) The 3B category is very tempting but I'm trying to find reasons to not use so many points. No verandah is one for sure. I'm wondering if there will be a 20% forfeiture for cancellation on the concierge cabins for this one since it is a charter. If so, that would probably be the kicker for me that would keep me from trying to book a 3B.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter