Who is waiting to see what the point chart will be for Member Wish cruise?

Only as a gawker. We already have plans for using up our points in 2021-2022 on resort stays, so am not interested in using them for this. But I am intensely curious how much they'll charge--for no other reason than that I'm nosy!

im an international member who has 300 pts expiring at the end of november. hoping i can book at least 1 person with those points. I know I could rent them out and book a cruise with the cash, but I'm looking at this as a special bonus. It won't be a full member cruise (maybe?), but its the 2nd sailing of the wish, we'll get to be some of the first people on the boat. I'm hoping disney cruise line and dvc make it worth the points!

im an international member who has 300 pts expiring at the end of november. hoping i can book at least 1 person with those points. I know I could rent them out and book a cruise with the cash, but I'm looking at this as a special bonus. It won't be a full member cruise (maybe?), but its the 2nd sailing of the wish, we'll get to be some of the first people on the boat. I'm hoping disney cruise line and dvc make it worth the points!
Have you talked to MS about extending your points? I’m an international holder and had banked 2019 points expiring at the end of Sept. MS is providing an extension until the end of May 2022. Not sure what your circumstances are, but may be worth a shot.

Have you talked to MS about extending your points? I’m an international holder and had banked 2019 points expiring at the end of Sept. MS is providing an extension until the end of May 2022. Not sure what your circumstances are, but may be worth a shot.
Yes, I have them extended until may 2022 currently (they still appear in my current use year, though I'm told the extension will happen once the points expire). That only leaves me with 5-6 months to book a trip, as currently I can't use those points to book anything post Nov 2021. So should the points for this cruise be in line with other cruises I'll likely do that.

I’m waiting we have some extra “bonus” points from buying direct right before our UY so I will happily use them for one fare on the wish and pay cash for the rest of us. I really dislike that it’s only three days though 🥲. It won’t be enough time to see everything.

I am anxiously waiting and am considering it. Have extra points and only 3 nights is actually appealing for me because of other vacation plans next summer.

I think I am going to book. Could someone explain what happens if you need to cancel when booked on points?

I think I am going to book. Could someone explain what happens if you need to cancel when booked on points?
IIRC, you are left with "reservation points" or some similar term, which can only be used outside the DVC resorts. You could use them for a different cruise or for the concierge collection stuff.

Traditionally, the books are reservation points, not DVC points. With the cancelled DVC MC this year, my cabin mate who had used points for her share had to use those points at a Disney resort during the UY. She wound up staying at the Grand Floridian in early May.

You can use them in the Disney Collection for a cruise.

I never thought I would even consider using points for a cruise as it such a waste of points, but I am seriously tempted to book this. The points chart states, in bold, "Members should note that the Member exclusive, inaugural season voyage is not a DVC Member Cruise and as such, entertainment and offerings typically found on a Member cruise will not be available." Loosely translated, I am assuming this means, "Don't expect anything special." Would that be an accurate interpretation?

Last edited:
I never thought I would even consider using points for a cruise as it such a waste of points, but I am seriously tempted to book this. The points chart states, in bold, "Members should note that the Member exclusive, inaugural season voyage is not a DVC Member Cruise and as such, entertainment and offerings typically found on a Member cruise will not be available." This seems to state, "Don't expect anything special." Would that be an accurate interpretation?

I think you've got it. Member cruises have some extra spice to make more special than a regular cruise but the novelty alone of the Wish will achieve that goal. I'd plan to expect nothing more special but to take any surprises as pixie dust.

Would the 50% borrowing restriction apply to this as well? Logically, I don't think it they'd want it to seeing as this helps remove points from the system, but curious if others know the answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter