Who is waiting to see what the point chart will be for Member Wish cruise?

Would the 50% borrowing restriction apply to this as well? Logically, I don't think it they'd want it to seeing as this helps remove points from the system, but curious if others know the answer.

It doesn't actually remove any points from the system. The points used for cruises still get used but are booked by Disney as cash inventory instead. It doesn't help with the glut of points or availability concerns.

In am seeing if friends are interested. I expect to be on Maiden Voyage with DH...(Platinum +25, so first day booking, hopefully will be done) and if friends care to come with me on this, I do this next cruise with friends.
That sounds like a wonderful plan!! I just got the go ahead from my hubby to book the DVC wish cruise too. I booked the fantasy for spring break 2022 because my son will be 17 and always has had so much fun in the clubs so we want to get a few in for him to make up these last two wasted cruising years.

Hmmm...just looking, but looked at points chart and compared to Disney Cruise Line info online. The DVC pointchart says a concierge family oceanview stateroom is category 4A and 211 points. The Disney cruise website showing deckplans with staterooms seems to show that all family oceanview staterooms are category 3B that category is 254 points on the DVC points chart). That's a big difference and I wonder which it is? Also, I don't see any staterooms that are actually category 8B on the Disney Cruiseline deckplans for the Wish (Navigator's Verandah), but they are listed on the points chart. Anyone find where they actually are (if they do in fact exist)?
Also, I have to say that I am not impressed that DVC is not releasing the cash prices for 2nd and more guests in the stateroom until May 17. It makes it difficult for one to look at options for this cruise and plan ahead since that is also the same day booking begins.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I agree about the cash prices, and I also am interested in 8A but have not been able to find it on the deck plans.

Hmmm...just looking, but looked at points chart and compared to Disney Cruise Line info online. The DVC pointchart says a concierge family oceanview stateroom is category 4A and 211 points. The Disney cruise website showing deckplans with staterooms seems to show that all family oceanview staterooms are category 3B that category is 254 points on the DVC points chart). That's a big difference and I wonder which it is? Also, I don't see any staterooms that are actually category 8B on the Disney Cruiseline deckplans for the Wish (Navigator's Verandah), but they are listed on the points chart. Anyone find where they actually are (if they do in fact exist)?
Also, I have to say that I am not impressed that DVC is not releasing the cash prices for 2nd and more guests in the stateroom until May 17. It makes it difficult for one to look at options for this cruise and plan ahead since that is also the same day booking begins.
Thanks!

Has anyone asked if it can be only third person in room who is on points?

Thanks!
I think the 4A are the Concierge with NO Verandah - the little Mermaid Rooms - and the 3B is Concierge with Verandah. Maybe that is the reason for the point difference. That is my guess.

Following up on my earlier post. It does appear that DVC might have inaccurate information for the points charts. I just called Disney Cruise Line and was on hold a very long time I was told that on the Wish category 8B is a deluxe family OV stateroom and not a stateroom with a navigator's verandah as shown on the DVC chart. In fact the Disney Cruiseline agent couldn't locate any staterooms with Navigator's verandahs, (but that doesn't mean there aren't any because she seemed to have trouble looking). Also confirmed that all OV concierge family staterooms (with no verandah) are category 3B and not 4A as shown on the DVC chart. Wonder if DVC would honor their posted points chart? :-) I suspect this is just going to cause more problems and delays when some people try and book on May 17 with discrepancies in the information.

Since the fine print states members can borrow more than 50% of future use year points "per contract" rather than per membership, can I use the remaining 2022 and all the 2023 points from my subsidized Aulani contract before using my 2022 points from CCV, Poly, and other contracts?

Last edited:
Since the fine print states members can borrow more than 50% of future use year points "per contract" rather than per membership, can I use the remaining 2022 and all the 2023 points from my subsidized Aulani contract before using my 2022 points from CCV, Poly, and other contracts?

I called and got the answer to my own question. I was told they "think" this will be possible to do this. The rep was very quick to correct me when I accidentally referred to this as a "Member Cruise" and was told that is a "chartered sailing." I would love to be ale to borrow as much as I can from 2023 and not use any more 2022 than I have to use.

I am just not sure how much of the concierge services my teenage DD and I are going to use on such a short cruise (on a new ship) to justify the additional cost. What are your thoughts?
I'm in the same "boat" as you but have narrowed it to 6A to 3B.

Cat 1B is 1266 points per person! For two adults that's 2532 points, which would use up over 8 years of my points for a 3 night cruise! Those rooms look so beautiful but I guess I'll never get to stay in one.

I am just not sure how much of the concierge services my teenage DD and I are going to use on such a short cruise (on a new ship) to justify the additional cost. What are your thoughts?

For me, it's really going to depend on the cash prices. The point differences aren't huge, but if priced like the Dream concierge levels, the cash prices may be. It's my wife and I only in our 60s so we won't use the services other than the splash pool area and at Castaway Cay, maybe one specialty restaurant (if I don't hear "Let It Go," I'll probably sleep better.) I just want to use as few points as possible. 4E with the larger verandah would probably be just fine (actually, much more than just fine.) After that, I would go down to 6A.

Last edited:
It doesn't actually remove any points from the system. The points used for cruises still get used but are booked by Disney as cash inventory instead. It doesn't help with the glut of points or availability concerns.
There are ways Disney could use this to help with availability concerns, for those that don't know, when you book a cruise, here is what happens on the backend:
You book a room with points, that room with that many people is worth $xxxx, so Disney will take a DVC room from inventory and rent it out for cash for a similar dollar value and then they pay the cruise line on your behalf with that money.

What I think Disney could do, if they so choose is to essentially take that dollar amount from the marketing budget to pay the cruise line and not take a room out of inventory, which would then help address the availability concerns while still keeping everything within the legal limitations.

Additionally, since this isn't a "member cruise", but technically a "chartered cruise", which is a private cruise that DVC members are allowed to take, there may be different rules at play here that allow them to get more creative and if successful at getting rid of some excess points, I think they may even do a few more of these types of cruises to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter