who is doing a Pro Internship in 09?

Anyone applied for the 28 listed?

I applied for the sports complex management one as well, and I am thinking about applying for the services for guests with disabilities coordinator. Being a hospitality major I was really hoping for a PI in F&B or event planning. However I am not being picky since I graduate in May. I just got my acceptance letter for the summer alumni program, so I have that to fall back on. I still haven't heard anything from the PI field, but good luck to everyone! :goodvibes

I applied for the Management-Sports Complex one, the Services for Guest with Disabilities position and the DVC Sales Assistant internship. I had that first very brief phone call with a person from the PI department and I have my screening interview on Friday.

I also just got accepted into the summer alumni cp, so we'll see what happens!

I'm in exactly the same position as you are Emily6- I'm graduating in May- I am in hospitality and wanted to do either event planning or hotel operations, but am struggling finding a full time job and really want to move to Florida, so the PIs are looking like my best option at the moment.

I've applied for 3 so far, sports complex mgmt and 2 of the animal programs education ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a call soon!

I got an email on the animal programs...it was basically the screener (will you have full availability, car, etc) and said they'd be back in touch. It also said, however, that preference is given to undergrads. :guilty: I hope they consider experience/qualifications, too, or I may not have a shot at that one since I'm in grad school.

I also got an email from the Animal Programs Internship. Which one are you applying for? I'm applying for the Conservation Education Presenter.

I applied for the DVC Sales Assistant position, but I have not heard anything back yet.

It also said, however, that preference is given to undergrads. :guilty: I hope they consider experience/qualifications, too, or I may not have a shot at that one since I'm in grad school.

I am in a similar situation too - I am currently a CP in a sales position, but I already graduated with my undergrad degree. I hope they will give some consideration to experience and qualifications also! Good luck to everyone :goodvibes

I also just received an email from the Animal Programs and I am applying for the Animal Nutrition internship

I applied for:
Conservation Education Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Conservation Education Group Programs/Guest Experiences/ Community Relations
I have a BA in English/Education and am getting my Master's in Management, so I'm hoping they don't think I'm over-qualified. :(

I applied for the one at the sorts complex because my major is sports arts entertainment management. Thats really the only one that fit.

I just got done with my phone interview. She said she will pass the information along. I hope this is a good sign? I am very excited but I know there will always be more opportunities if I do not get it this time.

holy mother!

so you got a phone interview??
wow!! nice job

im still working on my portfolio for the travel sales graphic internship

im a VCD major which = computer graphics/advertising

im freaking out because i swear i saw one PI post disappear

but what did they ask in the interview???

I just got done with my phone interview. She said she will pass the information along. I hope this is a good sign? I am very excited but I know there will always be more opportunities if I do not get it this time.

What did you apply for?

So i just got done with my first phone interview!!! i think it went really well, i think i was almost over prepared, she just asked me the basic Disney questions, disney look, pay rate for interns etc.... she then asked me a few basic interview questions. Overall i think it went really well, she said i made it to the next round, however it doesn't guarantee an interview. She said that she passes my resume on the the people that are in charge of hiring for the positions i applied for. If they feel like i am qualified for these positions they will call me and set up a second interview. She said this was the first week they were doing the first interviews, so it could be a few weeks before i hear anything, but they will let me know either way.
I applied for the dvc sales assistant and the service for gsts w/ disabilites coordinator.

Good luck to everyone on their first interviews!!!!

hey everyone,
I got accepted for the entry technical photographer internship this past week, so that's the PI that you saw "disappear", Rufio. Good luck with the interviews!

hey everyone,
I got accepted for the entry technical photographer internship this past week, so that's the PI that you saw "disappear", Rufio. Good luck with the interviews!

I love that you got in...and noticed i was freaking out....
im finishing my portfolio and resume for the Graphics Marketing PI.

hope to see you down there you crazy disney nerd!!
wait can we start a new acronym CDN?? ha

So i just got done with my first phone interview!!! i think it went really well, i think i was almost over prepared, she just asked me the basic Disney questions, disney look, pay rate for interns etc.... she then asked me a few basic interview questions. Overall i think it went really well, she said i made it to the next round, however it doesn't guarantee an interview. She said that she passes my resume on the the people that are in charge of hiring for the positions i applied for. If they feel like i am qualified for these positions they will call me and set up a second interview. She said this was the first week they were doing the first interviews, so it could be a few weeks before i hear anything, but they will let me know either way.
I applied for the dvc sales assistant and the service for gsts w/ disabilites coordinator.

Good luck to everyone on their first interviews!!!!

Ok, so were there really any tricky or hard questions...be honest, i need the juicy tid bits of info.

and how many rounds are there???

Ok, so were there really any tricky or hard questions...be honest, i need the juicy tid bits of info.

and how many rounds are there???

The first interview is usually just a phone screen. I believe candidates are asked how they budget their time, what their proudest accomplishment in the past 12 months is...pretty basic stuff :)

The second interview is traditionally with the department you applied for. I've heard people of people getting hired just after their initial Phone Screen with no second interview - but that's rare.

Hi! I got an email about scheduling an interview with the education coordinator at Animal Kingdom. I'm nervous hopefully it will go okay!

Hi! I got an email about scheduling an interview with the education coordinator at Animal Kingdom. I'm nervous hopefully it will go okay!

Sending interview pixies your way, but I'm sure you'll do great! If you don't mind my asking, what is your major?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter