Who is destashing in 2010?

I de-stashed this last weekend with a friend and accidentally sent off a $400 purse that I just gotten 3 months ago. I'm so upset with myself for not paying attention to which trash bags I told her to take. Looks like like someone will get an awesome purse..............:sad1:

Hope that in some way, the universe pays you back and you get a lot of good luck your way in 2011. :goodvibes

Have not done much destashing lately. Since the baby was born, I'm lucky to make it through the day and accomplish the day's neccessities. Hoping that life settles down after the holidays and I can start fresh again in 2011. I have to start back to selling things on E-bay, so I can pay down our trip!

Anyone up for another year of this???

YES!!!! I love reading all the posts, it keeps me inspired. I've made progress but am still not where I want to be. I hope to take some stuff to Goodwill tomorrow. I have 2 bags packed on my dining table and want to add to that as I clean up for my parents' visit (flying in tomorrow night!).

I haven't been posting much this year but I've been decluttering as much as possible. Our garage is down to just the important memory stuff we are keeping and actual seasonal storage items (and of course tools/bikes/etc). The kids rooms have been pared down a ton and all that is left is an objective look at the stuff remaining in our room. Even the excess kitchen wares have been given away.

Although like another poster I wasn't careful in the bags I was giving away and accidentally gave away our Little People Christmas Village and large LP nativity sets. I'm very upset about that as I had it set aside to setup under the tree and I don't know how this happened. I gave away a ton of extra Christmas items and it must have gotten into those bags and bins somehow.

So I'm going to see about replacing those things and I'll just pretend they are the same ones my kids played with.

Someone was asking how to get rid of excess Christmas stuff? I gave it away in about 10mins on Freecycle. I've been giving away tons on there and getting lots of good people who pick up on time.

Sounds like everyone has been working hard this year on the decluttering so WTG to us all! :thumbsup2

Well I started out the year strong! Went about 4-5 months with the best of intentions and really did make progress. Progress stalled around may, then I found out I was pregnant in July and started having a harder time getting rid of toys and clothes and things because I was afraid the baby would need it.

Well I have my "after Christmas - looking forward to the new year" burst of energy and I'm starting back at it. I need to make the most of this nesting thing. I have alot to do before baby comes in 3 months - looking forward to a new 2011 thread. Glad this one lasted the whole year long.

1 Desktop computer has been completely striped down to just the OP system and other programs it originally came with. (that only took about 2 hours to sort out and tranfer all the misc doc. and pics that were worth keeping and then deleting all the files from the computer).

Soon to be gone from the house. We are giving it to the FIL who does not have a computer.

We now all have laptops so the desktops are totally not needed!!!

Now off to see what else I can getr rid of!!!

I can't wait to start again!

I have some things to donate that I have been putting aside when I come across. I need to take them ASAP.

After the holidays, I am back in the game!

YES!!!! I love reading all the posts, it keeps me inspired. I've made progress but am still not where I want to be. I hope to take some stuff to Goodwill tomorrow. I have 2 bags packed on my dining table and want to add to that as I clean up for my parents' visit (flying in tomorrow night!).

I'd love to continue this also! Someone start a new thread! :thumbsup2

Here's to working towards a de-cluttered & more relaxed 2011!

My parents fly in tonight & I wish I had another day to organize! I am taking turns between watching a few minutes of Hoarders & cleaning in between. Scary stuff! I feel so bad for those families but wow, is it motivating.

It's a little unnerving to see stuff that resembles my life. One woman didn't want to toss a mitten because she kept thinking she'd find the mate & didn't want to waste them. Umm. I have those. About 5 gloves I keep thinking, the other has to be here somewhere. And my house is not anywhere close to hoarders, just little hot spots of stuff though, kwim?

Anyway, those babies are tossed now! I think I probably tossed at least one mate earlier this year thinking the other was long gone. :rotfl:

The guest room is kind of a catch all so I'm trying to toss stuff & move my photo bins to another closet. There are about 5 boxes of stuff so I'm not in danger of an avalanche, just not as neat & organized as I want to be...yet!

Cleaning out the medicine cabinet today! I try to do once a year, New Year's always seems to be my trigger.

Spent last night redoing my closet , Santa brought me the Real Simple black felt hangers. The closet looks so nice, having the same hangers make a big difference and there is a bit more space. Purged a few more shirts from DH's side. Next plan is ordering a closet system to have better use of the space.

Keep it up folks !!!

I'm in for 2011 thread :thumbsup2

I did "OK" in 2010 - didn't get on a roll until the middle/end of the year, so I'd like to start off 2011 with a bang.

My problem - my house is too big. (Now before you flame me - it isn't my house. I'm living in my late mother's house until it is sold. It is just me and two cats in 11 rooms, plus an attic, basement, and garage.)

There are so many places for me to stash my stuff, that it doesn't look like I have too much. But when the house finally sells and I have to move to a much smaller place, I certainly don't want to take any unecessary things with me.

I'm also going to try to de-stash some extra weight from my body this year - does that count :confused3

-- Laura

I'm in for 2011 thread :thumbsup2

I did "OK" in 2010 - didn't get on a roll until the middle/end of the year, so I'd like to start off 2011 with a bang.

My problem - my house is too big. (Now before you flame me - it isn't my house. I'm living in my late mother's house until it is sold. It is just me and two cats in 11 rooms, plus an attic, basement, and garage.)

There are so many places for me to stash my stuff, that it doesn't look like I have too much. But when the house finally sells and I have to move to a much smaller place, I certainly don't want to take any unecessary things with me.

I'm also going to try to de-stash some extra weight from my body this year - does that count :confused3

-- Laura

HEY OP , maybe change the 2010 title to 2011 : ) .

And YES Laura , de stash extra weight counts too . I bet lots of us are there too : ) GOOD LUCK!!!

I feel great!! I just went through all of my Christmas stuff and got it down to 2 large bins and one small one. I ended up with 4 book boxes of stuff to donate and a large trash bag to throw away. It is a good feeling to lighten the load next is my closet and DD13. I will give her stuff to a friend. I hope not to have much to destash in 2011.

I'm going to join the 2011 thread, but I wanted to take a moment and recognize this year's thread. It took 15 years and 4 kids for my house to get to the point it did, so I have lots of work still to go. I'm actually quite pleased with what I accomplished this year, especially the change in my mindset. It has become easier to get rid of things. I'm not as "attached" to all the belongings. Thank you to all for posting on this thread...you have been extremely motivating!

Congrats to everyone who fully accomplished their goals and to those of us who are moving along!

Corie-Lynn

Even though I havent posted here in a bit, I just wanted to say that I have certainly still been "destashing". I had so many of DD's clothes, who is now in a size 12. But I had clothing that went back to when she was 3 months, and I am so happy to say they are all gone! This past weekend I sold the last bunch on CL.:goodvibesNice to have empty bins and to know that the next clothes I will be selling are basically the ones she is wearing now.

I went through some of the garage this weekend! I filled up almost all of a large trash can (the kind you take to the curb) and would have done more but I ran out of room in the can!

I also filled 5 large trash bags full of clothing the kids can't wear anymore AND got a bastketful of stuff to give to the garage sale in the Spring for scouts!

:banana:

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter