Who is destashing in 2010?

Sold another 46 comics on a comic book website this morning!!!

That is another 30 dollars for WDW fund for next Aug!!!! AND less stuff in my house!!!

Hopefully more will sell soon!!!

How is everyone else doing with their de-stashing???

Wow, keep reading about how many you've sold, so how many all together? Had no idea there was such a market for comics! Are they like sci-fi?

Wow, keep reading about how many you've sold, so how many all together? Had no idea there was such a market for comics! Are they like sci-fi?

The comics are super hero related from the last 25 years. If I had some of the pre 1975 comics I could really make some $$$$ as those were not taken care of as much as post 1980 comics with the advent of "the comic shop" instead of newstand distribution.

I have been actively collecting for the better part of 25 years but I simply do not have the room or the inclination to hold on to that many comic books anymore. When I first started to sell them (slowly about 4 years ago) I had over 16,000 comics. Now I am down to about 3,500 that I really love and will keep.

I have another 800 or so to sell off before I can call it quits!!! Of course, I have either partially or almost fully funded our last 3 WDW trips with the comics plus some other expenses such as a college grad class last spring to increase my teaching certification!!

We're getting there. Our move is in a little over a week. Packing is coming along, and I've been freecycling one or two bags of stuff every day. I think we're down to the point that I'll start listing "mystery boxes" because there isn't enough of any one thing to make it worthwhile for people to make the trip.

I'm so happy that we're getting rid of stuff so that we won't have to deal with all the crap when we get to our new place. We have lots of storage in the new house, but it will be so nice to be able to start with more space than stuff. I wish we'd had time to go through some of the photos and stuff before we shoved them into boxes. Maybe without needing to do so much ongoing destashing, I'll be able to go through the photos for once and for all.

Sold another 75 comics and got 75 dollars for the WDW vacation fund!!!:cool1:

It is so nice to start to see some room and have some extra money from stuff lying around the house:goodvibes

Took our two DSlites to Gamestop along with a bunch of old gameboy games. Total for the trade-in? $140! :cool1: It's not much 'stuff' but it seemed silly to keep them around when they weren't being played with anymore. Now if I could find the motivation to purge some of the remaining less lucrative times.....;)

dropped off another 3 bags of stuff to Goodwill a few days ago.. I already have 1 bag ready to go and hoping to get another few bags ready to go by end of Sunday.. Its going bye bye slowly but surely..

Hi everybody!

Just checking in...I'm still getting rid of stuff here too. I really thought I would get this all done this year, but I'm not sure I will meet that goal. I AM having a major push this last month or so of this year. The boys and I don't go back to school until Monday. We're all up working this morning!

It's great to see everyone doing so well! Keep up the encouraging work!

I'm checking in too. :)

We have been cleaning out the attic the last few weeks. It's a work in progress. Cleaning out and organizing. I'd like to move some things into the attic once there is space and a specific place.

Slow going, but going just the same.

Hi everybody!

Just checking in...I'm still getting rid of stuff here too. I really thought I would get this all done this year, but I'm not sure I will meet that goal. I AM having a major push this last month or so of this year. The boys and I don't go back to school until Monday. We're all up working this morning!

It's great to see everyone doing so well! Keep up the encouraging work!

Checking in too! I'm not sure I'll meet my goal either. But I figure it's like dieting, it didn't happen overnight & will take some time. It does look much better than before. The rest of the garage will have to wait til spring. At least we can fit the cars where they need to go. I wanted to bring in our patio table but not sure that will fit.

The main spot I have not tackled yet is the basement. The toys are in ok shape but I desperately need to organize my photos & momentos. That will be my last push of the year because my parents will be staying with us after the holidays for a week. Hopefully I can condense it all into one closet.

Good job everyone that has been clearing out!! Hard to believe there is 1 month left in the year!

doing some more de-stashing here too. I've got a bag full of stuff that will go to my moms & get disbursed to other family members.
its less stuff in my home and that is a good thing!
I hope to keep the trend going!

Happy Thanksgiving fellow de-stashers!!

Hey everyone, hows it going?

I just read this:

Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do or
Do without.

Sounds good in theory but it also kinda slows the purging process, don't you think? :confused3

Just destashed two closets, in the front hall foyer and laundry room.

Found several kids coats that are outgrown but still in great condition, and also a few of my own. Will check out the Coats For Kids group tomorrow.

Sure love the feeling, plus the extra room, so am inspired to keep at it again. How's everyone else doing?

Got rid of another 53 comics for 45 dollars:cool1:

Down to 2 and 1/2 boxes to go

Also, brought 3 novels from home that I have recently read and placed them in the lending library in the teacher's room at school. Now they are someone else's problem:rotfl2: They were gone 5 minutes after I placed them there!!

Also, brought 3 novels from home that I have recently read and placed them in the lending library in the teacher's room at school. Now they are someone else's problem:rotfl2: They were gone 5 minutes after I placed them there!!

I just did the same thing! :thumbsup2

I have sorted and donated things from the house thiis week now it will be on the the Garage and I am hoping by Christmas it will all be gone.

Sold another 57 comics for 35.00 overnight. The Aug WDW Trip funds are slowly comming into focus

Now down to a box and a half of comics :banana::banana::banana:

I really need to work on getting rid of more "things" before the end of the year. Time is running short

Question, Anyone have an idea of the weight of all the items combined that they have gotten rif of?

Just in comics this year, I have gotten rid of about 1,500 lbs (that is a lot of comics!!!):scared1::scared1::scared1:

Sold another 47 comics for the low price of 20.00

Also sold 7 DVD's

This decluttering can be adicting:rotfl2:

I wonder what else I can get rid of before the end of the year:goodvibes

I de-stashed this last weekend with a friend and accidentally sent off a $400 purse that I just gotten 3 months ago. I'm so upset with myself for not paying attention to which trash bags I told her to take. Looks like like someone will get an awesome purse..............:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter