Who in your

My dad (before I was born), grandfather (mom's side - never met him), and great-grandfather (dad's side - still around when I was little)

DFIL, DBIL, DH, and two nephews: Marines
Uncle: Navy
DBIL: Air Force
And my son is joining the Air Force this summer.

Way too many to count but in just the recent generations
Daddy was in the Navy in WWII, both Granddaddy's in WWII, Daddy's brother in WWII, two of Mama's uncles in WWII
Brother in the Army during Viet Nam era (he was stationed in Hawaii though)
Honey was in the Marines
Son was a Navy corpsman
Nephew was in the Marines special forces, did two tours one in Afghanistan.
Best friend career Army special forces, he could tell you what he did but he would have to kill you with a pen.

I have had a grandfather and uncles from every single generation on both Mama and Daddy's side of the family who were in the service as far back as I can trace, which so far has been the 1400s. Even had 2 times great grandfather's who fought on opposite sides of the war of Northern Aggression (I'm southern and that is a joke so no flames please).

My brother served in both the Marines and the Army. He actually heads back overseas on Monday for his private contracting position

My father was in the navy....WWII, and at Pearl Harbor also Korean War
Uncle WWII

Grandfather....army WWI

Last edited:
Grandfather lied about his age-was 16 when he entered the Navy for WWII
Cousin -Army
Step Uncle - Army- Vietnam Purple Heart

Grandfather in Army during WWI.
Uncle in Air Force 35 Years (WWII past Vietnam)
Dad in Navy 20 years

I know at least one great grandfather was in the military during the WW1 era, & we have ancestors who served on both sides during the Civil War.

My paternal grandfather was in the army during WW2 & served on the Asian front.

My maternal grandfather was also in the army during WW2 & served on the European front in Germany.

My dad was in the army & served during the Vietnam War in Vietnam.

My father-in-law was in the Army National Guards during the Vietnam era but stayed stationed in the US.

My brother-in-law (DH's brother) was in the Army National Guard & served during the first Gulf War in the Middle East.

My dad doesn't really talk a lot about Vietnam, but I remember, when the troops first started returning home after the 1st Gulf War, he said, "I hope they don't treat those men the way we were treated when we got back home," & it absolutely broke my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter