Who in your

I had a great uncle that served but that’s it. I know a lot who have served though.

If we are talking extended family, 4 uncles in the army, 3 in the navy and 14 male cousins in the navy or army and 2 female cousins were navy

My DMom's first husband (my siblings' dad) and her most beloved brother served together in the same regiment deployed to Italy in WWII. My DH's Dad was enlisted his whole childhood but it was always peace-time and he always served on bases here in Canada; never deployed overseas or saw combat of any kind.

My dad served during WWII in the Air Force. He was stationed on Tinian Island, which is where the planes took off from when they dropped the atomic bombs on Japan.

brother-in-law, mother-in-law, DH's grandpa, DH, myself- all Marines, grandpa, my great-grandpa, both Army.

Last edited:
Paternal Grandfather-Navy WWll
Couple of Uncles-Navy
Another couple of Uncles-Army. One was a POW in WWll and Korea.( If I remember correctly )
MY Dad-Navy Bay of Pigs but missed Vietnam
My husband- Lifer Coast Guard
FIL- Army caught the tail end of WWll
Husbands Uncle- lifer in the Army brought a wife home from France WWll

Thank you to all who served. And to those who "served" at home: spouses, children, parents, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!