Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

Well I could not get Jessica's template to work. :( I think it has to do with Vista. :mad: I think I am going to have to uninstall it and then install windows xp. Unless anyone else uses Vista and has pointers?!?

Tiffany

Well I could not get Jessica's template to work. :( I think it has to do with Vista. :mad: I think I am going to have to uninstall it and then install windows xp. Unless anyone else uses Vista and has pointers?!?

Tiffany

Hmmm.... Jessica's worked for me, and I have Vista.... After you click "import Page" in SBC+ and locate her file (wherever you put it), then you click the little yellow file folder thing next to her file's name..... for me, to the right it looked like a bunch of blank pages at first (and I didn't think it was there), but I scrolled down, and about 2/3 down was the template, and I was able to grab it..... I don't know if that makes sense? Just click on that one page/box and click "get pages."

Frequently to see all the fun you guys are having!

I am buying the software TOMORROW and will begin fixing my cheesy pages that I already made in Shutterfly!

Please bear with me as my addiction takes over. I will read a lot... but I know I will be asking a million questions!!!!

thank you soooooo much!
Theresa

I am really thinking of purchasing the SBC+ but I have one question. If you do not have a printer to print the 12x12 pages how do you print them :confused: ?

Sorry if I sound completely clueless. Also, can you purchase any 12x12 scrapbook to insert the pages once they are printed?

I am really thinking of purchasing the SBC+ but I have one question. If you do not have a printer to print the 12x12 pages how do you print them :confused: ?

Sorry if I sound completely clueless. Also, can you purchase any 12x12 scrapbook to insert the pages once they are printed?

You aren't clueless.... It's a good question... Some people print their pages in 8x8. Some people order 12 x12 prints. I use Scrapbook Pictures.... I have been pleased with the quality and the 12x12 prints go on sale for $2.49 each sometimes..... and they always have $2 flat rate shipping.

http://www.scrapbookpictures.com/SBPView.jsp

Some people collect up their pages and then order a bound storybook through Creative Memories or Shutterfly.

You can insert the 12x12 pages into top loading sleeves if that's the kind of album you have, or you can adhere them onto the pages -- that's what I do because I use CM albums.

Hope that helps!

Do you have a Costco nearby? I print my 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 pages at Costco. Membership is $50 but the pages are only $2.99 a page. I have also printed through CM - just to see - because I had to give it a shot since I am still a CMC. I paid $6.99 a page - although now you can do 25 or more and get them for $3.99 a page - AND NO DIFFERENCE IN PICTURE QUALITY!!!! If you do print at Costco - remember to turn the Autocorrect off so that your pages print properly. Autocorrect gets confused by all the background paper and ends of graying your pictures.

Ihave my pages mounted on pages in CM albums and also in the PicFolio Max albums. I prefer to mount them on the pages so that I can mix and match with traditional and store the maps, receipts - etc... The pages will fit in a standard 12 x 12 too. I hope this helps. I know that labdogs42 and DisneyCruiser2008 are well versed in SBC+ too!

I have tried the free download of Stroybook Creator, and I am curious what the big differences are between that and the Storybook Creator Plus....

Thanks!

I have tried the free download of Stroybook Creator, and I am curious what the big differences are between that and the Storybook Creator Plus....

Thanks!

in the free version, you can only use CM's fixed templates and you can't add or change anything. With SBC+, the possibilities are endless. It is really quite a good deal for the price.

does anyone use SBC + on a mac through parallels? CM says it works but they aren't officially supporting it.

also - dumb question but can I import layouts/elements from places like http://www.digitaldrygoods.com/ or whoever? Or are you just limited to CM stuff??

does anyone use SBC + on a mac through parallels? CM says it works but they aren't officially supporting it.

also - dumb question but can I import layouts/elements from places like http://www.digitaldrygoods.com/ or whoever? Or are you just limited to CM stuff??

I don't know about the Mac stuff, but you can use digital scrapbook stuff from any site with SBC+. I hardly use any CM stuff at all in my LO's!

I don't know about the Mac stuff, but you can use digital scrapbook stuff from any site with SBC+. I hardly use any CM stuff at all in my LO's!

that is what I thought but I wanted to make sure. I really interested in doing more digital work but do want some of the CM kits (ok the Disney stuff!) and I think this program will be good for me. I've used some other stuff in the past and do know photoshop but really like what I see using SBC+.

My biggest obstacle going digital has been the Mac. I wish CM would do a Mac native version.

Wow, this is great information, I had heard that you could only use CM's items with this program, which did not make sense. Thank you so much!

If I download some of the add ons can they be used in Photoshop? Or only in SBC+? Thanks!

If I download some of the add ons can they be used in Photoshop? Or only in SBC+? Thanks!

Hello!

If you have SBC+ - you can save each paper or element as a png and bring it into Photoshop, but without SBC+ - you won't be able to open the file.

I hope this helps.

Hi-
I did it- I had the free version of SBC on my computer--- and I just upgraded to the SBC plus-
I bought the Disney vacation kit AND the cars one----
and I can't get them to show up in the program....

PLEASE help me... I can't get ahold of my rep!

thanks,
Theresa

Hi-
I did it- I had the free version of SBC on my computer--- and I just upgraded to the SBC plus-
I bought the Disney vacation kit AND the cars one----
and I can't get them to show up in the program....

PLEASE help me... I can't get ahold of my rep!

thanks,
Theresa

Hi Theresa,

Did you go to CM content and import the packages? If so - did you put in the activation codes?
After you do this you should see them listed under CM content.

Hi Christy,

I finally got a chance to import a bunch of stuff that I had downloaded - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this template! Thanks for sharing!

Christy,

This is what I did with your template - thanks again :)

2660367116_33772d2959.jpg

We must have posted at the same time. I think I see what you're saying now.

I do have a tip now that I've been playing around a bit with the torn paper and manipulating other elements. The other day I was having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to use something like a paperclip so that the proper part of the paperclip didn't show. While I was playing around I figured out that I can cut out the piece of the paperclip that's supposed to be under the paper. It takes a little playing around to get it perfect, but it can be done! You just select the object, then go to cutting tools. I discovered the paper fill option while playing around with this too....and I figured out how the heck I was supposed to use those alphabets that come as one sheet rather than as individual letters- pop up the whole thing then cut out the individual letters you want by choosing "copy shaded area".

I'm much more pleased with the program now that I'm finding that I really can do all the things I want to do with it (except maybe design my own papers and elements....)

I've played with it a bit, but I can't figure out how to remove the part of the clip that should be hidden. Anyone up for trying to dumb it down for me???

Thanks so much to those of you who gave the description of how to do a "paper tear" I was able to do that on a page tonight and it worked great. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter