• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it definitely will help to know if you had a package or room only and whether your FP+ was deleted or not.

Room-only package
Park Tickets are 6-day Park Hoppers, one CM Main Entrance Pass + Spouse + (3) Guest Passes
Party tickets are 11 MNSSHP tickets for Sept 19th

FP+s were booked at 7am on July 17th. Since then, I have modified a few (such as when Mission Space became available again), and cancelled my 3:30-4:30 on the party day.

So far, none have been cancelled and I have received no email warnings, though I also have a 7-day ticket on my acct along with the 6.
Of our party, the only others with MDE accounts are the Cast Member, and my brother who only has the 6-Day PH + Party ticket. I expect if we do get an email warning, that it may only go to my brother...

Last edited:
Here are the emails. Frankly, if anything gets deleted, I intend to use these to show that I was clearly given the impression that they were telling me to book fast passes.
View attachment 257735 View attachment 257736
It states "if you've added a Theme Park ticket." The party ticket is not a theme park ticket. It's a Special Event ticket.

The asterisk also states *Valid theme park admission required.

From this email I don't think you could say FPs are attached to party tickets. I can see the confusion if someone doesn't pick up on "theme park ticket."

It states "if you've added a Theme Park ticket." The party ticket is not a theme park ticket. It's a Special Event ticket.

From this email I don't think you could say FPs are attached to party tickets. I can see the confusion if someone doesn't pick up on "theme park ticket."
The party ticket is a valid theme park admission.

The party ticket is a valid theme park admission.
Sorry, but I don't think it is considered "theme park admission." It is a valid ticket for park entry, but only for a Special Event. Special Event tickets are not listed as Theme Park tickets. They are listed separately on the website too.

My party tickets disappeared from my mobile app on my phone but are still on my iPad. Could this be due to updates? I noticed after I updated mde on my phone. I emailed, but am waiting for a reply. I'm not overly concerned, I have the emailed confirmation so I know we will get in but the tech side of Disney always frustrates me.

Mine also disappeared from the app after the latest update. Still on desktop site. Have my printed tickets.
I'm just going to ignore it! :)

Mine also disappeared from the app after the latest update. Still on desktop site. Have my printed tickets.
I have our emailed tickets. They have reappeared on some versions of the app but disappeared from the desktop. I just spent a lovely afternoon on the phone with tech assuring me the party tickets and leftover waterpark entitlements are all there. So, we will see. We want to do the waterpark on our first day since we have leftover waterpark entitlements. Disney tech never fails to frustrate me.

I think people need to complain to Disney about the glitch in the app since the update. Otherwise they won't be aware of it and fix it.

I think people need to complain to Disney about the glitch in the app since the update. Otherwise they won't be aware of it and fix it.
I did. They said they see them, I should, too. I updated all my devices AND the app on each device. I told them what I was seeing. They told me what they were seeing. There seem to updates non stop lately and truthfully the app has always been, at best, glitchy. If my FP disappear I will be making another call to straighten that out. Right now it seems like CMs are racing to keep up with the aftermath of all the updates.

I do understand what you are saying, and it's very possible that Disney is trying to say the same thing. However, only one email actually references the words "theme park ticket." The other does not. Also, both of these emails were confirmations solely for party tickets, not regular park tickets, so they should really be a bit more clear on how they word things. Many people, if they are not seasoned Disney vets or members on the boards, might not understand Disney's differentiation between a "theme park ticket" and a party ticket that gains admission into a theme park during certain hours, especially when the words "theme park ticket" are used on a party ticket email. Given the amount of foreigners as well who come to Disney, wording is really important as things can easily be misinterpreted.

I'm not stressing over this and I'm not going to freak out if my passes were deleted and weren't reinstated after showing these emails. I would, however, explain to them how most Disney guests could easily interpret those emails to mean they can book fastpasses on the tickets the emails are a confirmation for.

I have a bounce back free dining package, and purchased MNSSHP tickets for 9/12. I received the dreaded FP+ email this morning:

Hello, Michelle.

We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experienceaccount for your selected FastPass+ experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+ selections for 09/15/2017 are subject to cancellation on 08/02/2017.

To keep your FastPass+ selections, by 08/02/2017, you can either:
  • Purchase another ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link a ticket you already have to your My Disney Experience account

I have a bounce back free dining package, and purchased MNSSHP tickets for 9/12. I received the dreaded FP+ email this morning:

Hello, Michelle.

We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experienceaccount for your selected FastPass+ experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+ selections for 09/15/2017 are subject to cancellation on 08/02/2017.

Be sure to delete your Party Day FPs or any other day of FPs before the system deletes FPs from your final day.

Hello, Michelle.

Sorry :worried: Can I ask, have you made any changes recently to your reservation? It seems like a lot of people had just made changes. Or maybe, had you did online checkin as you seem to be within range of that? I'm trying to think what is prompting these as there seems to be no order to the party days etc.

Be sure to delete your Party Day FPs or any other day of FPs before the system deletes FPs from your final day.
Do the Mods "know" anything about this?

It seems the FP email is definitely differentiating between Theme Park tickets and Special Event tickets, and eligibility for FPs.

This is not coinciding with the responses CMs are sending to inquiries.

Does it seem to just be a possible glitch with the new update? Or has Disney actually made an update to the system to enforce TOS of FPs for only Theme Park tickets, and not Special Event tickets?

Sorry :worried: Can I ask, have you made any changes recently to your reservation? It seems like a lot of people had just made changes. Or maybe, had you did online checkin as you seem to be within range of that? I'm trying to think what is prompting these as there seems to be no order to the party days etc.

I added another person to my reservation, but that was back in March. I did not do online check-in because of the need to stop by the front desk and get Magic Bands linked to different credit cards.

I haven't deleted the FPs yet . . . I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the time calling Disney to see if there is any way that I can keep the FPs.

Do the Mods "know" anything about this?

It seems the FP email is definitely differentiating between Theme Park tickets and Special Event tickets, and eligibility for FPs.

This is not coinciding with the responses CMs are sending to inquiries.

Does it seem to just be a possible glitch with the new update? Or has Disney actually made an update to the system to enforce TOS of FPs for only Theme Park tickets, and not Special Event tickets?
Because the PP received the email which is very exacting and succinct (an anomaly for Disney), it isn't a glitch.

Disney has slowly been adjusting Party Tickets within the FP system.

From not allowing them to be under the onsite umbrella-grouping last year and then delineating after 4:00p for booked FPs this year, they appear to have finally programmed in how to "sweep out" Party Ticket entitlements as being valid for FP booking.

My CM friend is based with the event group as a performer, scheduler, and coordinator. There definitely is a distinction between regular park activities and Special Events. I tend to think of the Parties as Special Events that happen to take place in the theme park.

I added another person to my reservation, but that was back in March. I did not do online check-in because of the need to stop by the front desk and get Magic Bands linked to different credit cards.

I haven't deleted the FPs yet . . . I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the time calling Disney to see if there is any way that I can keep the FPs.
Thanks, it sounds like then that you had not done anything with your account so there was nothing to "flag" you. Sigh, that theory is out then. It is so weird though! I have a free dining bounceback package, going to the 9/10 party, have fp+ booked for all days with my package tickets and my one day party ticket. I haven't got the email yet....but at this point I'm expecting it.

Last edited:
Because the PP received the email which is very exacting and succinct (an anomaly for Disney), it isn't a glitch.

From not allowing them to be under the onsite umbrella-grouping last year and then delineating after 4:00p for booked FPs this year, they appear to have finally programmed in how to "sweep out" Party Ticket entitlements as being valid for FP booking.

My CM friend is based with the event group as a performer, scheduler, and coordinator. There definitely is a distinction between regular park activities and Special Events. I tend to think of the Parties as Special Events that happen to take place in the theme park.
So, at this point...what do you advise with party FPs at this time? Should those of us with 3 for party day delete them all, delete any that start before 4pm (ex:3:30-4:30pm), just wait it out, or what? Thanks! :goodvibes

Thanks! That's what I say. I've been waiting to hear back from someone about it, but haven't heard anything yet, so I figured I'd ask. If I get anything concrete I will post it if I'm able.

It's just so odd how Disney sends out communications about it, but acts like guests will understand what is different all of a sudden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter