• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, at this point...what do you advise with party FPs at this time? Should those of us with 3 for party day delete them all, delete any that start before 4pm (ex:3:30-4:30pm), just wait it out, or what? Thanks! :goodvibes
If you "wait it out" Disney will just delete the three FPs you have listed last. Are you willing to risk them?

I have a bounce back free dining package, and purchased MNSSHP tickets for 9/12. I received the dreaded FP+ email this morning:

Hello, Michelle.

We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experienceaccount for your selected FastPass+ experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+ selections for 09/15/2017 are subject to cancellation on 08/02/2017.

To keep your FastPass+ selections, by 08/02/2017, you can either:
  • Purchase another ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link a ticket you already have to your My Disney Experience account
It specifically lists 09/15 date as the FPs that will be deleted. Is that your last day of FPs? Is that for the party or a Theme Park day?

I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for all of you whose party FPs are being deleted!

Although I personally think it's more fair now for the day Theme Park guests, it's not cool how Disney went about the change. That wasn't fair to those that had their plans and tickets, etc.

Hopefully we all will get to do the rides we wanted at the party anyway! (I'm doing MVMCP, but I'm guessing the FP changes will apply.)

So, at this point...what do you advise with party FPs at this time? Should those of us with 3 for party day delete them all, delete any that start before 4pm (ex:3:30-4:30pm), just wait it out, or what? Thanks! :goodvibes
Have very many in the MNSSHP thread reported receiving an email?

Disney probably had to enact the emails based on complaints from those losing their final day FPs - some had their FPs reinstated, so now, with this email Warning, Disney doesn't have to reinstate any lost FPs.

Which park is your last day? Can you afford to lose FPs for that day?

Warning:

For those with Party Tickets and who plan to keep their FPs for their Party Day, when you use them in MK the system will flag your MDE Profile as using a FP not linked to a valid Ticket used for park entry.

It appears that 1 "flagging" may not have any repercussions; it's just an accounting of FP abuse.

So, be careful in how you decide which day to Cancel/delete your pre-booked FPs.

Because the PP received the email which is very exacting and succinct (an anomaly for Disney), it isn't a glitch.

Disney has slowly been adjusting Party Tickets within the FP system.

From not allowing them to be under the onsite umbrella-grouping last year and then delineating after 4:00p for booked FPs this year, they appear to have finally programmed in how to "sweep out" Party Ticket entitlements as being valid for FP booking.

My CM friend is based with the event group as a performer, scheduler, and coordinator. There definitely is a distinction between regular park activities and Special Events. I tend to think of the Parties as Special Events that happen to take place in the theme park.

Warning:

For those with Party Tickets and who plan to keep their FPs for their Party Day, when you use them in MK the system will flag your MDE Profile as using a FP not linked to a valid Ticket used for park entry.

It appears that 1 "flagging" may not have any repercussions; it's just an accounting of FP abuse.

So, be careful in how you decide which day to Cancel/delete your pre-booked FPs.

I warned people of this many days ago in the original MNSSHP thread. Just because they allowed it in the past does not mean it was intentional. Much like other "hacks" this one probably gained a ton of attention in the last couple years and someone wants to tighten things up. They clearly value FP+ as an asset and want to be sure it's not abused.

I warned people of this many days ago in the original MNSSHP thread. Just because they allowed it in the past does not mean it was intentional. Much like other "hacks" this one probably gained a ton of attention in the last couple years and someone wants to tighten things up. They clearly value FP+ as an asset and want to be sure it's not abused.
Agreed. But I think part of the problem was also CMs saying you get FPs from 4-6pm for party tickets.

But people were also using a separate MDE for party tickets, so it's not like this was that surprising.

How about that one CM in a reply email that stated that EVERY ticket is entitled to three FPs. If that were true then people who are going to the theme park that day and holding party tickets that night would be entitled to 6 FPs, and we already know that's not allowed.

Warning:

So if I have an AP, I should make sure to enter the MK on my AP instead of the party ticket in order to use my fp's. Does that make sense?

Agreed. But I think the problem was also CMs saying you get FPs from 4-6pm for party tickets.

But people were also using a separate MDE for party tickets, so it's not like this was that surprising.

Yeah I mean, contact CMs enough and you'll get the answer you want. Full disclosure, when this all started I put my tickets on a separate account to see once and for all what happens. At least once I get my answer I can transfer the tickets to their rightful owners.

Have very many in the MNSSHP thread reported receiving an email?

Disney probably had to enact the emails based on complaints from those losing their final day FPs - some had their FPs reinstated, so now, with this email Warning, Disney doesn't have to reinstate any lost FPs.

Which park is your last day? Can you afford to lose FPs for that day?

There have been a few emails, it seems like more are being reported these past few days. MK is my last day. I can afford to lose, but of course I would rather not haha! If I get the Disney email, I will just delete my 3 party day FPs as I'd rather keep the last day's instead.

Warning:

Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly...you are saying for sure that the MNSSHP ticket is not valid entry for the party day FPs I have scheduled. So when I use my party ticket to enter at 4pm, then use the FP, my account will be flagged. Do we know this now about party tickets for sure?? I have seen speculation, but Disney's responses to people have been the opposite of this. Yet, we have the cancellation emails still happening.

Because the PP received the email which is very exacting and succinct (an anomaly for Disney), it isn't a glitch.

Disney has slowly been adjusting Party Tickets within the FP system.

From not allowing them to be under the onsite umbrella-grouping last year and then delineating after 4:00p for booked FPs this year, they appear to have finally programmed in how to "sweep out" Party Ticket entitlements as being valid for FP booking.

My CM friend is based with the event group as a performer, scheduler, and coordinator. There definitely is a distinction between regular park activities and Special Events. I tend to think of the Parties as Special Events that happen to take place in the theme park.

This needs to be posted in the Halloween thread maybe? They seem to think it's a glitch.

There have been a few emails, it seems like more are being reported these past few days. MK is my last day. I can afford to lose, but of course I would rather not haha! If I get the Disney email, I will just delete my 3 party day FPs as I'd rather keep the last day's instead.

Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly...you are saying for sure that the MNSSHP ticket is not valid entry for the party day FPs I have scheduled. So when I use my party ticket to enter at 4pm, then use the FP, my account will be flagged. Do we know this now about party tickets for sure?? I have seen speculation, but Disney's responses to people have been the opposite of this. Yet, we have the cancellation emails still happening.

That is because the people emailing you guys really don't know anything! :)

Do we know this now about party tickets for sure??
Disney has kept the Party Tickets separate for entry at the touchpoints since 2014 - that's why there are designated entry points.

The FP system is meshed with valid park tickets used for entry. If your account is flagged, you won't notice but Disney will. And, no one knows the exact total of flags that lead to the Profile being locked.

Yes and yes. :)

The FP system is linked up with actual park ticket entry and the flagging occurs at the Profile level rather than at the FP touchpoints.
So when I scan in, can I ask someone to see which ticket was used? Or do I need to make sure I scan in before 3:30pm? I just don't want it to automatically default to my party ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter