Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

We were at DW for Hurricane Hugo September 1989.

Was it an adventure? :goodvibes I'd hate having to deal with the rain though...could stand being confined to the resort for a day or so but what a mess those showers make! We had wet raincoats all over our room during the soccer trip in 2014! o_O :tink:

0ecdf90b-0a48-4fb3-acfb-ec0615fe0a10_zpswloi6tr7.jpg

Good thought but no...you could probably see this from the train though. :goodvibes :tink:

Its not Splash Mtn, BTMRR, TSI, Country Bears, Train, meet and greet or parade. The only thing left is the Shootin Arcade but I don't think you can see it from the Train.:confused3

:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin Not the Shootin' Arcade either. :goodvibes Think REAL hard...what attraction is part of Frontierland but doesn't originate IN Frontierland. :scratchin:scratchin:scratchin :tink:

Last edited:

Now under a hurricane warning as of 11pm.

Your Where In The World News Desk.

People have been watching this storm for days. Before 11am this morning all gas stations and grocery stores have been operating just fine. People were good. The minute the watch went up boy did most everyone become dumb and stupid!!! Lines at all gas stations and not much left on store shelves. Local Costco had well over 100 cars waiting in line to get gas. They were zigzagged all thru out their parking lot. Why so many wait to the last minute baffles me.

People have been watching this storm for days. Before 11am this morning all gas stations and grocery stores have been operating just fine. People were good. The minute the watch went up boy did most everyone become dumb and stupid!!! Lines at all gas stations and not much left on store shelves. Local Costco had well over 100 cars waiting in line to get gas. They were zigzagged all thru out their parking lot. Why so many wait to the last minute baffles me.

Amen, amen and AMEN. We're always stocked during hurricane season and we're almost 2 hours from the beach; always keep cash on hand; I always keep gas tank at 1/2 full (DH doesn't though :rolleyes1); always have extra gas for the generator; we don't have shutters but DH always has plywood for our larger windows; always have a least a month's worth of medication; I even have extra bread in the freezer (learned that lesson during the Hurricane Rita evacuation when I was fixing/serving BBQ sandwiches to our law officers on duty...it's HARD finding bread/HB buns during those times :rotfl2:)...just don't understand it...dumb and stupid hits the nail on the heal! :lmao: That's a STUPID long line for gas...say a picture of the same thing in North Carolina this afternoon! That hurricane warning has you right in the middle of it! :scared: What's your elevation? Like always, storm surge looks like it could be quite a problem...and damn...40" of rain in Haiti??? :scared1: Keep us posted...been waiting for that "breaking news" :goodvibes all evening! :tink:

Last edited:
The Liberty Square Riverboat?

The River Boat? I would consider that a Liberty Square attraction.:confused: Maybe I'm missing something?:confused3

Yes!!!!! This old guy still has speed over you youngster's :lmao:

:lmao:Show's a 10:55 post but since Ed's showed before Diane's he gets the credit for solving the attraction. I always have that problem Diane...deciding if this part of the Riverboat ride should be LS or Frontierland. I picked Frontierland simply because this scene is on that side of the river and you can see it from the train. But now I need to know what this crop is...:goodvibes. :tink:

Amen, amen and AMEN. We're always stocked during hurricane season and we're almost 2 hours from the beach; always keep cash on hand; I always keep gas tank at 1/2 full (DH doesn't though :rolleyes1); always have extra gas for the generator; we don't have shutters but DH always has plywood for our larger windows; always have a least a month's worth of medication...just don't understand it...dumb and stupid hits the nail on the heal! :lmao: That's a STUPID long line for gas...say a picture of the same thing in North Carolina this afternoon! That hurricane warning has you right in the middle of it! :scared: What's your elevation? Like always, storm surge looks like it could be quite a problem...and damn...40" of rain in Haiti??? :scared1: Keep us posted...been waiting for that "breaking news" :goodvibes all evening! :tink:

Elevation. That's funny. You know the tallest thing other than a building is the overpasses. South of Orlando, Florida's flat as a pancake. :lmao:

As the bird flies moms house is about 7 to 8 miles from coast line. My house is about 5 to 6 miles from coast

Last edited:
Was it an adventure? :goodvibes I'd hate having to deal with the rain though...could stand being confined to the resort for a day or so but what a mess those showers make! We had wet raincoats all over our room during the soccer trip in 2014! o_O :tink:

I would have a blast up there during a storm. It wouldn't stop me.

Elevation. That's funny. You know the tallest thing other than a building is the overpasses. South of Orlando, Florida's flat as a pancake. :lmao:

As the bird flies moms house is about 7 to 8 miles from coast line. My house is about 5 to 6 miles from coast

I would have a blast up there during a storm. It wouldn't stop me.

:faint:...well THAT'S NOT GOOD! :faint: I knew south Florida was flat but that's FLAT! I'm telling you...get up to DW and be safe...Terri said a lot of people are cancelling...rooms might be "on sale"! :rotfl: You have a LONG few days ahead of you; might as well enjoy yourself! :thumbsup2 You wouldn't have to worry about food & water...and STORM SURGE! :tink:

:lmao:Show's a 10:55 post but since Ed's showed before Diane's he gets the credit for solving the attraction. I always have that problem Diane...deciding if this part of the Riverboat ride should be LS or Frontierland. I picked Frontierland simply because this scene is on that side of the river and you can see it from the train. But now I need to know what this crop is...:goodvibes. :tink:

Is it part of the canoe?

fae7cadb-53dd-448a-8691-6c277c85c436_zpshhjfrwvb.jpg

Looks like it's serious preparation time in Florida! Weather Channel just interviewed an elderly gentlemen on Daytona Beach who said his wife had just told him it's time to "get out of here"! :goodvibes Ed...pay attention :goodvibes...property is important and I'm sure you've secured everything as best you can but your life is MORE important. Heed the warnings and thoughts and prayers for you and Terri are being sent your way! :tink:

Need to run errands today...AND get my flu shot :eek: (I HATE SHOTS!) ...here's one to work on until this afternoon:

cc066740-dfeb-49e1-a616-d467e4540f4c_zpssuew5esu.jpg
:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter