Where do you eat offsite while at wdw?

disynut

DIS Veteran
Our first evening at ssr we're going to venture out to Publix and the outlets and thought we might eat a nice dinner out(nothing fancy). We usually stick to the parks and resorts for food except for the occasional McDonalds or Papa John's pizza fixes. Any suggestions for a good meal out?

Thanks,
Jennifer

There is an outback next door to the publix. We eat there usually when we go to the outlets, etc. but otherwise we tend to stay on property....

Hey Jennifer,
Fellow Kentuckian living in Orlando. (Celebration, actually). I'd be more than happy to help. Can you give me a bit of guidance? Type of food; whether kids are along; expensive or not so expensive?
John

Acutally, when we are on site we really like the ABC Commissary. Great choices and small lines. It is pretty hidden in MGM, but worth the find.

Thanks everybody!

Hi John! Glad to see another Kentuckian. We love Celebration--they had just started building there when I got my teaching license, actually had the applications....just didn't go through with it! Yes, the kiddos(7 and 2 1/2) will be with us, so something along the lines of Outback would be great....but I'm open for more suggestions!

And, we may have to try ABC Commissary on our MGM day....

In celebration there is a great restaurant called Columbia Restaurant. It is Spanish food. The kids loved it. It is a little nicer, but still very casual. It is mostly Tapas. Not something we usually find at home. Plus downtown Celebration is nice to walk around.
Have fun.
TinkRN

Well, then, I'd suggest Celebration. The Market Street Café is like a 1950's diner with good food and lots of kids. I also like Celebration Town Tavern--the local version of Cheers; and D'Antonio's for fantastic pizza and really good Italian food. They're more than happy to take care of kids.
Hope this helps.
John

If you want something a bit more upscale in the casual restaurant category with seasonally rotating menus, try Seasons 52 on Sand Lake Road just west of I-4.

Another favorite is Bahama Breeze on Vineland Ave just east of I-4. Great Caribbean menu and a nice atmosphere.

Second the vote for Bahama Breeze! We really like that place. We also go to Macaroni Grill just down from the Bahama Breeze on Vineland. Chevy's is just across from DD Disney and always good food. And we don't have Steak and Shake here in Seattle so we always go there.

Tony Roma's (great BBQ ribs) on Vineland. Steak and Shake for great burgers and shakes (also on Vineland). Fishbone Grill for great wood-fired grilled seafood. McCormick & Schmick's for great seafood or Cheesecake Factory (both at Mall at Millenia). Chevy's (Mexican restaurant with great Margaritas) on Vineland.

Third vote for Bahama Breeze. My husband and I usually split a house salad, the paella and a piece of key lime pie. Not too expensive that way, and we enjoy the food and atmosphere.

We're Cheesecake Factory addicts on a continuing quest to eat at each and every CF in the world...it wouldn't be a trip to Orlando without a trip to the Millenia Mall for that! (Maybe someday they'll build one close to where we live, but until then...alas!)

Any suggestions for a good meal out?
If we have a car, our arrival night dinner is always Bahama Breeze ... and we schedule a visit to Emeril's (at Universal's City Walk) for sometime near the end.

We sometimes like breakfast for lunch or dinner. The Perkins, just outside of Hotel Plaza Blvd on hwy 535 (exit 68, Interstate 4) is one of our favorite haunts.

Of course I can't remember the name of it:headache: , but it's directly across
the highway from the Doubletree(The brightly colored one with the huge
pineapple, not the suites that's actually on property). We ate there once and
it was :thumbsup2

Thanks to Disynut for this thread! With the expected changes to DDP, we've been planning to eat almost all our meals offsite, and this thread is a big help.

Couple of comments:

The correct name of the seafood restaurant mentioned above is Bonefish Grill. If you dine there, try the Bang-Bang Shrimp appetizer. Very spicy, but very good!

The Columbia is a famous, old-line Spanish restaurant based in Ybor City in Tampa. I've occasionally posted that our post-DDP plans might include a dining trip to Tampa because of the fine restaurants there, and Columbia is one of the ones I was talking about. I didn't know there was a Columbia in Celebration! Try the legendary 1905 Salad, and an Ybor Gold beer.

Columbia and Bonefish Grill are both better restaurants than any one TS restaurant at Disney...including our favorite, Le Cellier.

Last trip we ate at Cafe Tu Tu Tango on International Dr near the Doubletree Castle. It is a tapas type place and was very good. There was also some entertainment - dancers. We went with friends who go all the time. I would recommend it. The portions are fairly large so start out slow ordering.

A cool place to go is called "RACE ROCK". It is on I-Drive, and you can see it from I-4. It is a neat place for kids/teens/adults to go. Lots of good food, good milkshakes, fun video games, great racing/wreck videos to watch.

We always go there at least 1 night while we are there...

DeerH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter