Where do you eat offsite while at wdw?

My son and his wife who live in the area recommend Seasons 52 but haven't managed to get us that far off property yet.

We love Cafe d'Antonio and finally tried Columbia on our last trip. At lunch you can order 1/2 of the Cuban sandwich and 1/2 1905 salad...so good. My husband can't stop talking about that salad. Both are favorites of our son and DIL.

When DW and I visit Orlando, we always try to fit in a visit to Charley's Steakhouse (there's one on International Drive, and another in Kissimmee). Hands down, some of the best steaks anywhere.

A cool place to go is called "RACE ROCK". It is on I-Drive, and you can see it from I-4. It is a neat place for kids/teens/adults to go. Lots of good food, good milkshakes, fun video games, great racing/wreck videos to watch.

We always go there at least 1 night while we are there...

DeerH

I just read on the Orlando Attractions board that Race Rock has closed. I had always wanted to try it but never did.

Now as for places to eat offsite:

We like to go to the Outback or Lone Star Steakhouse. The Lone Star actually has coupons for a free kids meal on Tuesdays.

There is a Chili's that we like to go too, turn to the left when you come to the stop light in front of Crossroads.

Then there are the many choices at City Walk at Universal. We love Margarittaville, the Hard Rock Cafe is really good, & this year I want to try the Nascar Cafe & mostly Bubba Gump's!

I-drive has a lot of places to choose from. My sister and I were at a convention Mexican restaurant there. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of it.

We like to take the kids to Jungle Jim's. And we always like to have Giordano's Chicago Style pizza. When we are on vacation we try not to eat at any restaurant that we could go to at home, ie McDonald's, Chili's, Outback.

We've also eaten at Margaritaville (great nachos!) and Nascar Cafe at the Universal City Walk. They were both good.

I'm reading for more suggestions! Thanks.

Wow! Thanks for all the great suggestions! I think I may have seen a Bahama Breeze over there near the outlets/Publix....we don't have one of those near home, but Celebration would be super cool as well. We drove through there a few times and it was so neat! I think we would enjoy a meal down there!

I've wanted to try Bonefish Grill, but am always afraid the kids won't find anything they like on the menu....

DH and DS would have lovedRace Rock. We've seen it from the road a few times and they always comment on it. Too bad it's closed.

Oooh. Emerils and all the offerings on City Walk. We did the NASCAR Cafe once, dh enjoyed it and the food was pretty good, too.

Now wemay have to eat off property more than once!

Bummer about Race Rock, I liked that place, and it was almost always packed!!

Oh, well, guess we will find another place to eat, I will read this thread!!

DeerH

Bummed about Race Rock....:sad1:

We like to take the kids to Jungle Jim's. And we always like to have Giordano's Chicago Style pizza. When we are on vacation we try not to eat at any restaurant that we could go to at home, ie McDonald's, Chili's, Outback.

We've also eaten at Margaritaville (great nachos!) and Nascar Cafe at the Universal City Walk. They were both good.

I'm reading for more suggestions! Thanks.

Pretty sure Jungle Jims has also closed.

Liz

There is a Bonefish Grill and a Fishbone Grill. We have a Bonefish Grill where we live and have eaten there several times, but a relative told us about Fishbone Grill, so we tried it and liked it better. It's further. If it remember correctly, up toward Universal Studios and then east. I'm sure if you google it you can find it.

There is a Bonefish Grill and a Fishbone Grill. We have a Bonefish Grill where we live and have eaten there several times, but a relative told us about Fishbone Grill, so we tried it and liked it better. It's further. If it remember correctly, up toward Universal Studios and then east. I'm sure if you google it you can find it.
Wow! You're right of course. There's even one here in Miami, right downtown, but I'd never heard of it. I'll be following the copyright infringment suit closely. Bonefish Grill is owned by one of the big restaurant chains (not sure which one), and I'll bet they'll be all over that. Unless they stole the name...but bonefish is a real fish, one of our prime sportfishing species.

You can find most every chain nearby. We enjoy Romano's Macaroni Grill, Chili's, Outback, Bahama Breeze, and Qdoba Mexican. There's also a Red Lobster and an Olive Garden in the Lake Buena Vista area we have eaten at.

Wow! You're right of course. There's even one here in Miami, right downtown, but I'd never heard of it. I'll be following the copyright infringment suit closely. Bonefish Grill is owned by one of the big restaurant chains (not sure which one), and I'll bet they'll be all over that. Unless they stole the name...but bonefish is a real fish, one of our prime sportfishing species.

Bonefish is a concept of Outback Steakhouse. As is Carrabbas's, Fred Fleming's, Lee Roy Selmon's, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Roy's and Blue Coral.

For those who are interested in restaurant parentage of some of the recommendations in this thread.

Darden Restaurants, Inc., headquartered here in Orlando, owns and operates Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Smokey Bones and Seasons 52 restaurants.

We like and recommend them all, but have found inconsistent service and product quality among the Red Lobster restaurants.

Olive Garden is the largest and most important component of Darden's portfolio. They are going to concentrate on adding more OG restaurants over the next year.

Unfortunately they closed many Smokey Bones restaurants and the rest are up for sale.

Seasons 52 is the new entry. It is a really smart choice.

My DF got me hooked on the Buffalo Wild Wings place at the Crossroads shopping center. Their wing selection is pretty good, and they are open pretty late (until at least midnight). So on many a night after we leave the parks at closing, we head over there to get a post-park snack to take back to our room. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter