What was the best pin you have traded a CM for?

Planecrazy4dis

Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!
What awesome pins have you received from CM trade?

During our last trip in Dec, I scored a “WDW - The Rescuers 25th Anniversary” LE/3500 pin. It was at the Dumbo ride in Fantasyland. I was psyched because The Rescuers was the first movie I ever saw in the theater and this was the first LE pin I’ve found on a CM.
:cool1:

http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=12769&sid=8421.1151937632
pin12769

When we were there last week I ended up trading a 2005 Independence Day pin with Goofy on it. I was pretty excited as that was the one pin from last year that I wasn't able to get.

Jeff

i got a cast pn trader pin when i first started...didn't even know what it really was...kinda cool..

The cast lanyard Ezra, DFiance' had been looking long and hard for this one. Score! We traded for Phineas later that same day, needless to say we were super excited about those two.

How about all three DVC "Wanna Know A Secret" pins (including the Stitch pin). It was my best ever trip for pin trading.

I've traded for a lot of good pins from cast members, but the absolute best find was : Pin 36444: WDW Cast Exclusive – Cast Pin Party C Ticket (Stitch/Disney-MGM Studios). I found it last September at Port Orleans on a guest relations cast member in the lobby.

I got you all beat. :laughing:

I traded for the following pins and I only gave open edition or rack pins for them.

LE 2500 Disney Catalog Headless Horsemans Flaming Pumpkin
LE 5000 DA Logo with Marie
LE 5000 Villain Lenticular Jafar
LE 5000 Villain Lenticular Ratigan

Wolf, I hate to burst your bubble but a whole bunch of us long time traders are putting those LE 5,000 pins on CM lanyards because we're tired of seeing them in our trader books. Heck, I've put LE 3,000 on lanyards for that reason.

Cyn

One of the first pins I traded for was a numbered Food and Wine fest pins. Yes, it is still in my collection.

I traded for a "leave a legacy" pin and a USA Goofy lanyard pin from the same CM once. Score!

Figment2 said:
Wolf, I hate to burst your bubble but a whole bunch of us long time traders are putting those LE 5,000 pins on CM lanyards because we're tired of seeing them in our trader books. Heck, I've put LE 3,000 on lanyards for that reason.

Cyn

LOL I feel like doing that with an LE 1000 pin. Anyone who wants an LE 1000 pin can propose a trade with me PLEASE!

pippy27 said:
I've traded for a lot of good pins from cast members, but the absolute best find was : Pin 36444: WDW Cast Exclusive – Cast Pin Party C Ticket (Stitch/Disney-MGM Studios). I found it last September at Port Orleans on a guest relations cast member in the lobby.

I would say that this LE250 Cast pin pretty much has the others beat!

My best pins have been:

1769 Goon Squad - 1997 Disneyana Convention Security pin
28891 CM What Time is the 3:00 Parade Chip & Dale (LE 500)
4448 - CM World Showplace
4938 CM Animal Kingdom Club Rhino CTT

Suzi

We've lucked out on a couple of Princess le 100 pins. :cool1:

But, my MOST favorite was 5195 a JDS Aurora that I had offered SOOO many trades for on pinpics...but, no one would even respond. It's not exceptionally rare (it's an le 5000), but I actually got tears in my eyes when I found it....the cm thought I was NUTS!! It is just such a beautiful pin.

:wave:

Beca

I think that what may be best for one may not even raise an eyebrow for another trader. My personal "bests" are my first ever trade in 2000 for a TDL Christmas pin and in March when I jumped up from the bench where my DSister and I were regrouping and ran to a strolling CM "you have a butterfly pin!!!". Now the pin is a lanyard (pinpics 36532), but nothing truly spectacular. HOWEVER...it was the last one I needed to complete the set and that's when my DSister finally realized just how much of a pin-trading nut I have become :earboy2:. What makes that pin so very special, is that the grin on her face didn't fade for hours and even now, she still talks about "remember when...?"

OK, now I am in the process of converting my BIL to pin trading. "Come over to the Dark Side...":darth:

Pin 35492: DLR - A Walk in Walt's Footsteps - Golden Anniversary Tour Pin

Thank you very much!

pin60

A really cool gold-tone globe with Mickey ears. "Disney Special Activities" is written against a purple background around the edge of the pin. This pin is given to celebrity and other VIP entourages, and to VIP Tour Guides who assist them.

This pin was also produced with SILVER-HUED EARS & GLOBE, with GOLD BACKGROUND. The pin measures about 1 1/8" (2.9 cm) wide and tall. The reverse has merely © Disney.

(Per PinPics...and I got two of these on the same trip)

i had just arrived at wdw, picked up my free pin (bus) at everything pop - upon exiting our first ride rock n roller coaster, i spotted this here little lady on a cast member and promptly traded! i love this collection and are pretty hard to come by! not as hard as the garbage cans, mind you, but still...

214vx8g.jpg

joanjett1976: we traded away that collection to cast members when we went in nov 2004 -- it was our (dd4 and dd6 at the time) first time trading and I'd bought a few sets off of disney.com on clearence to trade. We had no idea about LE pins, lanyard pins, etc. They just traded for what they liked (still do). If I had the set today I'd keep it for me -- it is very cool. :)

pandamom:

well, if by chance the centaurette is somehow traced back to you: A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!

i have three favorite collections:
-military insignia
-chip and dale's wild west pin adventure
-disneyland garbage cans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter