What kind of pins do you collect?

CareBearLover

Mouseketeer
Hello! What kind of pins do you collect? Do you collect only specific characters, CM, LE, or holiday pins? At the moment, my main focus is collecting CM, LE, holiday pins and pins I just think look cute, lol!

Three themes
I've got a dragon thing goin'....Maleficent, Figment, Sword in the Stone....
my favorite movie (Fantasia)
and penguins (Wheezy, Mary Poppins)

DD collects Minnie, Jasmine and Cat pins and DS collects Stitch, Incredible and pins that move - I don't collect any more just help the kids with their collections

So far we have been able to narrow it down so we only collect pins that have a point and say Disney on the back :rotfl2: . If you saw our collection, you would know that is not far from the truth! Really, we collect all kinds of pins, but do NOT collect Disney Auction pins (we had to draw the line SOMEWHERE!)

Suzi

I collect Animal Kingdom, Walt pins, Nurse/Doctor Pins, and 101 Dalmatian Pins(although I'm thinking of trading these away).

Jen

Parkhopper said:
So far we have been able to narrow it down so we only collect pins that have a point and say Disney on the back :rotfl2: . If you saw our collection, you would know that is not far from the truth! Really, we collect all kinds of pins, but do NOT collect Disney Auction pins (we had to draw the line SOMEWHERE!)

Suzi
We've only heard about your collection but hope to make it there one day :bounce:

I collect Figment, Eeyore, Sebastian and Chernabog and I completed my Lanyard Series 3 collection
DW collects Chip and Dale
DD collects Pooh and Piglet
DS collects Stitch <shudder> and Lanyard Series 4 (with a bit of help from Dad)

My 2 kids and I collect Stitch, Figment, Maleficent, Haunted Mansion, Incredibles, Monsters Inc., pins from all 4 WDW parks, resorts, cast pins, Halloween and Christmas pins, and lanyard pins from WDW and DL. We have way to many in the house....the whole house seems to be full of pins. I keep telling the kids that we need to cut down, but we seem to keep buying more.

We collect Mickey, Minnie, original euro disney, some of the DLRP collections. My youngest is thinking about winnie the pooh so we have some of those hanging about.

Then there is the olympic 2004 collection. and anything else that takes my fancy.

They are all stacked on boards by my bed as I will put them on the wall the moment I get a min to do so( they have been there 2 months).

Disney Vacation Club pins, specifically anything that has to do with Old Key West Resort. I've tried to cut back on EVERYTHING else.

NJBlackBerry said:
We've only heard about your collection but hope to make it there one day :bounce:

We'd love to have you!! We will probably be planning our next pin party either in February, or early March!

Suzi

I collect Eeyore (he MUST be grey), resorts we stay at, specific "celebration" pins, Tink, Steamboat Willie, and Minnie & Mickey smooching. :)

Parkhopper said:
We'd love to have you!! We will probably be planning our next pin party either in February, or early March!

Suzi
I might actually *want to* go see my Mother In Law and Sister in Law (who live in Rockville) at that time!

Both DW and I are Terps :cool1:

We're part of the Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders. Great group of people.

Parkhopper said:
So far we have been able to narrow it down so we only collect pins that have a point and say Disney on the back :rotfl2: ...............If ..... but do NOT collect Disney Auction pins (we had to draw the line SOMEWHERE!)

Suzi

LOL :rotfl2: I have just started looking at Disney Auction pins and am trying so hard to stay away from them

Don't do it !!! the postal costs to europe are so bad. 20 dollars for a 10 dollar pin the last one I looked at was.

I collect pretty much anything that catches my eye. My daughter likes Tink, Minnie and Princess. She has 175 Tink pins and still collecting. As far as Princesses go, she only collects Belle, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. But now she is getting into Ariel. And She only collects Princesses that are full body pins that are in their Ball Gowns or their original dresses. She has quite a collction I must say. if you care to take a look at our collection under pinpics ID SleepyHollowBoy, you'll see what we like to collect.

I'm with SHB27 - anything that catches my eye. I look for lanyard pins and anything else on a CM lanyard that's out of the ordinary.

I have a favorite character: PLUTO :paw:

I also collect :
Christmas
Halloween ( Not NBC pins)
Valentines
other holiday pins but I don't have to be a completist on these..:)

Just the Christmas pins alone are killing me. I am thinking of cutting down even more for 2006.

Christmas 2005

Japan pins 38 pins!
Disneyshopping pins:12 pins
Disney Auctions: 19 pins ( more coming)
PINS; 2 pins
DLRP pins: 9 pins
WDW :64 pins ( more coming) frame set counts as 1
WOD: 2 pins
DCL: 1 pin
UK: 2 pins
DLR 10 pins ( more coming)
Hong Kong : 8 pins
Burbank/cast imagineering 5 pins

All these are just Christmas this year!!!
I am going to bed.
Susan

BONITATIME said:
Don't do it !!! the postal costs to europe are so bad. 20 dollars for a 10 dollar pin the last one I looked at was.

Thanks - I was wondering what they were as it doesn't say. That shipping cost is a rip off. I buy pins from US sellers on e-bay and 6 pins in a padded bag cost about $4.

I've bought 3 Disney auction pins from and e-bay seller and I was surprised at how big they were. Are all Disney Auction pins bigger than the regular ones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter