What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

Whoops, I've got a big one...

Chick-fil-a is WAY overrated. It's just a chicken sandwich and their waffle fries are awful as is their sauce.

There is no such thing as a Venn diagram which contains both "Foodie" and "Chik-fil-A" (or any fast food, for that matter. IME, "foodies" would rather chew off their own arms rather than east fast food.)

There is no such thing as a Venn diagram which contains both "Foodie" and "Chik-fil-A" (or any fast food, for that matter. IME, "foodies" would rather chew off their own arms rather than east fast food.)
"Foodies" to me is people who love to eat food. It is not a snob thing of fine dining or whatnot. Just someone who loves to eat food. Some people eat just because they have to eat or eat my food's food so they can brag about healthy they are eating nothing but sprouts.

I laugh hysterically every time I catch Conan's foodie email group on Youtube...

I know several foodies that love fast food - at least of a certain ilk. They are always the ones wanting to try that new chicken sandwich or whatever else is "new and fancy." They can like just about anything really - as long as it is new and unique and they got in on the ground floor of course.

Wine and coffee are both disgusting.

I love macaroni and cheese. All kinds, even the blue box (which is even better if you put hot dogs in it). In general I don't cook with a ton of processed ingredients but I love this combo.

I really like getting food from McDonald's sometimes.

Everyone always talks bad about McDonalds - nobody ever eats there, ha ha! Obviously people do - lots of people! I don't indulge too often, but I did get some at the airport last week and I was given like the most perfect Quarter Pounder - it looked like it should be in a commercial! It still tasted like a Quarter Pounder too, which is what it is. I mean, McD's isn't really what I'd call a good burger, but it does have that certain flavor that is pretty enjoyable sometimes.

Last edited:

If you're going to eat pasta, just eat the real thing. Pasta substitutes blow! There, I said it.

Zoodles and spaghetti squash is not an alternative. Yeah, you can tell me until the cows come home that they are wonderful, but I don't agree. They are truly awful! And now I am left having to load them up with mound of cheese to try and disguise the fact what I am eating is horrible. :crazy2:

Whole wheat pasta. What is the point of making a delicious sauce if I am joining it with 📦 cardboard? Just sayin ...

Quinoa. Your 15 minutes are up. Thank goodness! Buh-bye. 👋

I know several foodies that love fast food - at least of a certain ilk. They are always the ones wanting to try that new chicken sandwich or whatever else is "new and fancy." They can like just about anything really - as long as it is new and unique and they got in on the ground floor of course.

To me, "foodie" is the equivalent American word for "gourmet". I interpret it as implying a level of elitism, with heavy emphasis on the glory of the "aquired taste."

I grew up in South Louisiana, where just about everyone lives to eat. There really isn't a single word used there to describe someone who just loves food in general, because that's the universal norm.

My foodie hot take is that I think some people pretend they like certain exotic foods more than they actually do to maintain their food snob status.

I also don't get why some people get legitimately mad at someone that they perceive to be too picky about their food. Is it really that hard to understand that not everyone likes everything you like and people's tastes can vary? I know someone that doesn't enjoy food at all and said she would gladly take a meal replacement pill every day if that was a thing. That would suck to not enjoy food but I'm not going to yell at her that she's wrong.

To me, "foodie" is the equivalent American word for "gourmet". I interpret it as implying a level of elitism, with heavy emphasis on the glory of the "aquired taste."

I grew up in South Louisiana, where just about everyone lives to eat. There really isn't a single word used there to describe someone who just loves food in general, because that's the universal norm.

I think foodie is differnet though - they love to go to dives that are famous for some crazy burger or whatever. They're like hipsters who want to know all the little food secrets, not really gourmand types who only like very upscale tastes. There is still that elitism that you speak of, but it's more likem "Oh, you don't know about the underground menu at Potbelly?" type of thing.

I love spaghettios and Campbell chicken noodle soup.
I hate oysters and goose liver, and runny eggs on anything.
I substitute cottage cheese mixed with eggs and parmasean for ricotta in my lasagna.
I hate black olives, anything piccata and red wine sauce.

Being born in Cincinnati and raised in Northwest Ohio (Toledo area) I feel that Coney sauce is better on hot dogs than chili. Chili is meant to be served in a bowl or cup. Also, Detroit style pizza is superior to New York and Chicago style.

Everyone always talks bad about McDonalds - nobody ever eats there, ha ha! Obviously people do - lots of people! I don't indulge too often, but I did get some at the airport last week and I was given like the most perfect Quarter Pounder - it looked like it should be in a commercial! It still tasted like a Quarter Pounder too, which is what it is. I mean, McD's isn't really what I'd call a good burger, but it does have that certain flavor that is pretty enjoyable sometimes.
Other than as a little kid, I have eaten McDonalds 3 times in my life. Only once was it good and that was because it was late in the afternoon after 40 miles or so on the bicycle after a night of sleeping on a deflated mattress on the ground and not having anything to eat (fuel) since the night before. That Quarter Pounder was delicious!

The other 2 times it was only 1 bite and into the garbage.

Other than as a little kid, I have eaten McDonalds 3 times in my life. Only once was it good and that was because it was late in the afternoon after 40 miles or so on the bicycle after a night of sleeping on a deflated mattress on the ground and not having anything to eat (fuel) since the night before. That Quarter Pounder was delicious!

The other 2 times it was only 1 bite and into the garbage.
Sounds like you're not a McD fan...

Sounds like you're not a McD fan...
Come to think of it, the one that was good was in Canada. Maybe I'm just not a US Micky D fan. I'd never seen a juicy proper burger in a McD burger before.

Could have just been the bicycle trip and exertion. One thing we found out is, in Canada you're not waking up and going around the corner to find breakfast. Some days it wasn't until afternoon that we found food, and 9 times out of 10 it was Tim Hortons. Now I've never experienced a Tim Hortons turkey club sandwich outside of starving on a bicycle tour, but my experience is their turkey club was out of this world good. I need to try one under normal circumstances, opinion will probably change a lot about all that processed food, LOL.

Come to think of it, the one that was good was in Canada. Maybe I'm just not a US Micky D fan. I'd never seen a juicy proper burger in a McD burger before.

Could have just been the bicycle trip and exertion. One thing we found out is, in Canada you're not waking up and going around the corner to find breakfast. Some days it wasn't until afternoon that we found food, and 9 times out of 10 it was Tim Hortons. Now I've never experienced a Tim Hortons turkey club sandwich outside of starving on a bicycle tour, but my experience is their turkey club was out of this world good. I need to try one under normal circumstances, opinion will probably change a lot about all that processed food, LOL.

Well, McDonald's doesn't really make "juicy proper burgers," they make...well, McDonald's. 🤣 It's not necessarily a bad flavor though and there are times where I really like something from there. The fries are legit good though!

Well, McDonald's doesn't really make "juicy proper burgers," they make...well, McDonald's. 🤣 It's not necessarily a bad flavor though and there are times where I really like something from there. The fries are legit good though!
They are disgusting tasting to me. Disagree with the fries, but then it's been a long time since I've had them. I am partial to Wendy's fries. McD's fries are too thin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter