What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

They are disgusting tasting to me. Disagree with the fries, but then it's been a long time since I've had them. I am partial to Wendy's fries. McD's fries are too thin.

Oh, man, Wendy's has like the worst fries! You can get duds if they're not hot, but usually they are on point.

Could have just been the bicycle trip and exertion. One thing we found out is, in Canada you're not waking up and going around the corner to find breakfast. Some days it wasn't until afternoon that we found food, and 9 times out of 10 it was Tim Hortons. Now I've never experienced a Tim Hortons turkey club sandwich outside of starving on a bicycle tour, but my experience is their turkey club was out of this world good. I need to try one under normal circumstances, opinion will probably change a lot about all that processed food, LOL.
This was clearly the hunger talking. A sandwich from Timmies is fine, and certainly just the right size for eating on the go, but it's not great. Their breakfast sandwich has improved immensely though, as they got rid of the premade yellow puck and now have a device that cracks and cooks eggs that are almost, but not quite, as good as the ones in a McMuffin.

Oh, man, Wendy's has like the worst fries! You can get duds if they're not hot, but usually they are on point.
I would give Burger King or KFC the title of worst fries, tbh.

Foodie just means someone who has a really strong interest in food. A foodie can strictly eat junk food, as long as they are really passionate about it.

This was clearly the hunger talking. A sandwich from Timmies is fine, and certainly just the right size for eating on the go, but it's not great. Their breakfast sandwich has improved immensely though, as they got rid of the premade yellow puck and now have a device that cracks and cooks eggs that are almost, but not quite, as good as the ones in a McMuffin.

I would give Burger King or KFC the title of worst fries, tbh.

Well, those ain't great either, especailly BK's. At least they have onion rings though.

So more triggering takes, although not necessarily for foodies:
Dunkin' coffee is worse than gas station coffee that has been sitting on a hot plate all day.

Tim Hortons is synonymous with the double-double (2 cream, 2 sugar) because their regular roast is bad, and has always been bad. But not as bad as Dunkin.

................................I will say I had low expectations that it would be as good as they say, but Junior's blew me away. So much that we have spent $170 on Junior's Cheesecakes delivered for several birthdays now.................................

Junior's is good but only good. Years ago I had some N.Y. Style Cheesecake at a restaurant in Indian Town, Fl. It was BEYOND AWESOME and have never had another like it.

Have you ever had "Derby Pie?" >>> https://derbypie.com/

Being born in Cincinnati and raised in Northwest Ohio (Toledo area) I feel that Coney sauce is better on hot dogs than chili. Chili is meant to be served in a bowl or cup. Also, Detroit style pizza is superior to New York and Chicago style.
Coney sauce works if the bun can properly absorb the excess liquid. If not, you end up eating a deconstructed Coney.

Also, Coney sauce is basically Cincinnati chili, no?

Most Disney table service is on par with Outback/TGI Fridays.

I'm a big CFA fan, but I can definitely see that. Their chicken sandwiches are very good (especially the spicy) and more importantly consistently good - some other places have a better chicken sandwich but quality and service can not be up to par. The fries are only good when VERY fresh - if you go to the drive-thru just skip them unless you are eating them right away. They don't travel well at all! You can get a bag of waffle chips that are a good alternative. I don't put any sauces on my sandwich, bu I like to dip fries in the Polynesian or the Honey Roasted BBQ sauces.
This really depends on where you are. CFA in the south is just a fast food place while in the north they have crazy lines (due to limited locations). CFA is decent but no fast food is worth 20-30 minutes in a drive through line.
There is no such thing as a Venn diagram which contains both "Foodie" and "Chik-fil-A" (or any fast food, for that matter. IME, "foodies" would rather chew off their own arms rather than east fast food.)
You should watch some of Anthony Bourdain's shows. Plenty of foodies out there that love cheap/garbage food.

Last edited:
Junior's is good but only good. Years ago I had some N.Y. Style Cheesecake at a restaurant in Indian Town, Fl. It was BEYOND AWESOME and have never had another like it.

Have you ever had "Derby Pie?" >>> https://derbypie.com/
Nope, no way. Can't stand nuts in any baked goods. It overwhelms anything else and just tastes like the nut of choice.

Nope, no way. Can't stand nuts in any baked goods. It overwhelms anything else and just tastes like the nut of choice.

Can't explain it but the nuts weren't a flavoring factor for my taste buds but more of a texture thing. :scratchin

Lobster is NOT all that.

BK fries are the best.

The best sandwich at McD's is the Filet-o-Fish.

Beets are only good from the garden. Grocery store ones really do taste like dirt. Same with kale.

Hot dogs should be a bit charred, but burgers should be just this side of raw in the middle.

Sushi should never be warm, or deep fried, or covered in crispy onions or crunchy unidentifiable things.

Nuts and avocado in salads are way too rich.

Pizza is a waste of calories to me. It's just bread, cheese and sauce. I can't do it.

Eating pastries for breakfast should be outlawed. Yuck!

I love A1 on my steak. I also love A1 with my loaded baked potato.

I love cocktail sauce and will dip my loaded baked potato in that, too. LOL

I hate pancakes.

I like Arby's sauce.

I like buffalo sauce on most anything.

Nuts and avocado in salads are way too rich.

Pizza is a waste of calories to me. It's just bread, cheese and sauce. I can't do it.

Eating pastries for breakfast should be outlawed. Yuck!

I love A1 on my steak. I also love A1 with my loaded baked potato.

I love cocktail sauce and will dip my loaded baked potato in that, too. LOL

I hate pancakes.

I like Arby's sauce.

I like buffalo sauce on most anything.
Congrats, you've triggered me with your A1 on steak :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter