What is your least favourite type of Tattoo?

I will say I have several tattoos. All can be covered if needed. I am not a fan of
1. Face tattoos
2. lower Front or back tattoos
3. multiple random tattoos in a small area. I know someone that has a dragon, an elephant, a flower and something else on her forearm. It just doesn’t go together

Curious to know what your round about ages are.
My parents are in their 70's and neither have tattoos and while not exactly thrilled that their 3 kids and 2 of their grand kids have tattoos but also not exactly anti tattoo.
In fact they like some of our tattoos.
We also get them in places that we can easily cover and you wouldn't even know we have them if we passed you on the street.
I liked those comments too. Not a fan of tattoos - not my thing . I am in my mid 40s.

Face and neck tattoos make me make me run the other direction. Maybe part that growing up it was a gang thing.

But they are addicting it seems. High school friend is getting a half sleeve. Which I don’t get. Recently a single mom, struggling financially and remote learning and post on FB like her tenth one. And those are expensive !

I am not a fan of women covered in tattoos (chest, sleeves, calves, etc). And here I am, a 40-yr-old woman with a few that I totally regret. In my 20s it was different... but idk, when I figured out that I needed to be employable, it all changed. Im sure I'll get the heat on that one. Bring it.

Face Tattoos would probably be my most immediate least favorite. But I'd certainly be a bit shy in dating someone with a tramp stamp. Not that I need worry. I won't be dating anyone any time soon.

What if you meet me and see no tattoos and we become friends and then one day I'm wearing something that shows my tattoo?
Your mind will forever change about me?
That would depend on the nature of the tattoo. If it's just a little teddy bear on an inconspicuous part of your leg, I'd think one thing. If it's a duel Nazi symbol on your upper thighs, I'd think quite another.

I am not a fan of women covered in tattoos (chest, sleeves, calves, etc). And here I am, a 40-yr-old woman with a few that I totally regret. In my 20s it was different... but idk, when I figured out that I needed to be employable, it all changed. Im sure I'll get the heat on that one. Bring it.

A lot of places have relaxed their stance on tattoos. I guess since it seems like everyone has one. I work for a major hospital. Your tattoos can be seen as long as they aren’t offensive. No curse words, racial slurs or naked bodies.

ETA: one of our APNs has a full sleeve with color. It looks really good too.

Last edited:
I have 3 tattoos, one on each ankle (one is something that 2 other friends and I got for our friendship) and one ugly one on my shoulder. I do regret the friendship tattoo because I’m not as close to the other 2 people anymore. Sometimes I regret the ugly shoulder one, but then I remember I got it during a pretty ugly time in my life, so it serves as a reminder to myself.

As far as what I don’t like- I see so many of the same thing. So many sugar skulls, birds, tribals. They all may be a little different, but they’re all the same. This is why I don’t have any more. As soon as I decide I like something, everyone else does too! And there’s a fine line between just enough and trashy, imo.

Curious to know what your round about ages are.
My parents are in their 70's and neither have tattoos and while not exactly thrilled that their 3 kids and 2 of their grand kids have tattoos but also not exactly anti tattoo.
In fact they like some of our tattoos.
We also get them in places that we can easily cover and you wouldn't even know we have them if we passed you on the street.
I'm in my mid-50's and dislike tattoos as well. I've told my kids I won't pay for their college if they get a tattoo, and I mean it. My daughter wanted one at 15 -- so this conversation started early at our house. Completely against tattoos.

i would a love heart - cringe and bland.

I have a love heart on my ankle. I got it for my Mom when she was going through her third round of cancer treatments. It is purple, her favorite color, and has a banner that says, 'Mom' across the heart. Growing out of the top is a yellow rose, her favorite flower. I guess some love heart tattos *are* boring and bland, but some have a meaning that is clear only to the the bearer.

My least favorite type of tattoo are "trendy" ones, like in the 90s when everyone was getting 'tribal' ink. I think they date badly. That's why I only get tattoos in the 'Sailor Jerry' style, very vintage. I will make an exception soon...my sister and I are getting matching tats to honor both my mother *and* be Disney. I'm designing it now. I don't know quite how I'm going to accomplish this yet, but we're lucky enough to have a piece of her handwriting that reads, "Love Ya! Mom" which will be incorporated.

Face Tattoos would probably be my most immediate least favorite. But I'd certainly be a bit shy in dating someone with a tramp stamp. Not that I need worry. I won't be dating anyone any time soon.

That would depend on the nature of the tattoo. If it's just a little teddy bear on an inconspicuous part of your leg, I'd think one thing. If it's a duel Nazi symbol on your upper thighs, I'd think quite another.

4 Disney tattoos that you can only see if I'm wearing the correct clothing (and no they aren't in private places in case you were wondering lol)

I'm in my mid-50's and dislike tattoos as well. I've told my kids I won't pay for their college if they get a tattoo, and I mean it. My daughter wanted one at 15 -- so this conversation started early at our house. Completely against tattoos.

Seems a bit much and you won't know for sure unless you do a full body search.
Or maybe she'll wait until she's out of college.

I have a heart tattoo on my inner wrist that I got on a drunken bachelorette party night. Most of us on the trip got it. It’s my only tattoo.

I don't know that this is a "type" but .... just... cheap, poorly done tattoos. I just feel like if you are going to permanently etch something into your flesh, you should be willing to invest in it. My best friend has several tattoos, and they're all terrible because they're all cheap.

I don't have any tattoos, because there is nothing I want permanently inked into my flesh. But I guess I would also add tattoos that have a lot of flat black "negative" space would also be up there, if I went into more "types". Why do you want to look like you just colored huge patches of your skin with a Sharpie?

Also, generally, text tattoos. Any kind. They never really look straight, because the human body isn't a flat canvas. I also don't really know how text should be stylized on a human.

This thread reminds me of a story ...

Preface: I am a 46 year old woman, my best friend is 48 years old.

About 10 years ago I get a phone call from my best friend who is all giddy in Vegas (not drunk, she isn't a big drinker) because her and a colleague decided to get tattoos spur of the moment.

:scared1: what, What and WHAT ? ! ? ! ? !

So I then ask what prompted this, and what are you getting? She wasn't sure, but they both thought it sounded like fun. Well, seeing that I think permanently marking your body isn't something to do on a whim (esp when you are not 22 years old) I start telling her I think it is stupid. Hey, that's what best friends are for. She says I am being a prude. So ... I did it. I'll admit it wasn't my finest moment, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I pulled out the "what would your Mom who is looking down at you from heaven think?" card. I went there, and it worked! I convinced the two to get henna tattoos instead. If they liked it after 2 weeks, then they could go get permanent ones at home.

BTW, neither of them got permanent tattoos. You're welcome, ladies. :rotfl2:

We don't bring that story up often, but to this day she still thanks me, even though I went below the belt with my tactics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter