What is the best tasting beer?

My DD did a semester in Belgium in college, came back a fan of Chimay (not sure which one!) and Hoegaarden as a mass market one. I think they went on monastery tours as part of the program! When she got back, being only 20 years old and needing a security clearance for an internship, she was told she absolutely could not drink in the US until she was 21!

My DD did a semester in Belgium in college, came back a fan of Chimay (not sure which one!) and Hoegaarden as a mass market one. I think they went on monastery tours as part of the program! When she got back, being only 20 years old and needing a security clearance for an internship, she was told she absolutely could not drink in the US until she was 21!
There is an amazing Belgian beer bar in Kraków Poland of all places, in the old town. They have a ton of Belgians on tap and in cans for a fraction of what you'd pay in Brussels. I've spent many an afternoon at that little place.

I’m not singling out anybody here, but I’ve heard nonsense from so-called craft beer connoisseurs. They sound more ridiculous than the haughtiest wine oenophiles.

I don’t drink beer, but if I did I’d drink mass produced swill like Bud or Miller Lite. Just like I drink inexpensive wines.

I’m not singling out anybody here, but I’ve heard nonsense from so-called craft beer connoisseurs. They sound more ridiculous than the haughtiest wine oenophiles.

I don’t drink beer, but if I did I’d drink mass produced swill like Bud or Miller Lite. Just like I drink inexpensive wines.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying both mass produced lighter tasting beers and stronger flavored stuff. It's the wannabes who denigrate mass produced beer.

I've had conversations with brewmasters at microbreweries. They have a huge respect for the quality and the skill of the major breweries making lighter tasting beers. They're fully capable of making all sorts of beers at the major breweries. If you take a look at some of the labels on so-called "craft beers", you might see that it was made in Fairfield, California, which is the Anheuser-Busch brewery. AB InBev has bought many of the smaller craft beer names and have moved some production to their big breweries. I've been there on a tour and saw the bottling line for Elysian's Space Dust IPA. I have a can and it lists several brewing locations in California, Colorado, New Hampshire, etc. that correspond to AB beers.

It really takes a lot of skill to make something like Bud. There's no room for any strong flavors to mask a mistake.

Any of the Straight Jacket series from Revolution - various versions of their barleywine aged in different barrels and/or with things added
Sang Du Chene from Cascade - a soured blend of a strong blond ale and triple aged in oak
Angel of Darkness from Wicked Weed - a barrel aged sour with various berries added
Utopias Barrel Aged 120 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head (a 17% beer!).

That said, I'll happily drink a 12 Horse from Genesee, which is made using the original pre-prohibition recipe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter