What is that "cheesy" Disney detail that you love so much?

Another vote for Sonny Eclipse. DH and I won't leave until we hear his entire repertoire at least once! It does make me feel guilty though if we are there without our DD, as she absolutely loves Sonny.

Love this thread!

One time I had to call (magic band question), and the CM said,

"hello this is so and so, how can I turn YOUR pumpkin into a carriage?"

Made me giggle for a while :)
Love this!!! A friend of mine was booking at AKL and the CM told her she'd have a view from her standard room of "our stunning North American automobiles...." ha.

I'm another one who adores the drums and the torches in Adventureland....it's always so fake-exotic-awesome to me. I guess I feel like I'm in a movie about some exotic place, not the actual place. IDK. I ❤️ every cheesy detail of the whole MK.

No fair! No one's ever done that for us. Probably because we're two adults, they figure we're too "grown-up" for that, but sounds like I'd love it. Maybe we'll just have to bring our DGDs next time to see if it happens.

I've never seen them NOT do this, and I am often riding as a solo adult.

No fair! No one's ever done that for us. Probably because we're two adults, they figure we're too "grown-up" for that, but sounds like I'd love it. Maybe we'll just have to bring our DGDs next time to see if it happens.

We are two older adults and they do it all the time for us. :):)

We always have a running joke that "Package Pickup" on main street by town hall is our favorite attraction. I think we've taken a picture with the sign every trip since I was a little kid.

The Pterodactyl Pterrace!! It makes me laugh SO hard just thinking about it! I agree, Dinoland is awesome. I just wish they would replace the pay to play games that are always empty with either a 25 cent arcade (like frontierland shooting gallery) or another cheesy ride for little kids (because there is not a whole lot for little kids at AK).

I also love the bus music and, as generic as it is, Mickey waffles. The faint thrill of my magic band opening my hotel room also hasn't worn off yet.

Last edited:
Hearing "welcome home" does it for me! I also always request a wake up call. This pass trip Mickey woke us up every morning. It was wonderful!

Hearing "welcome home" does it for me! I also always request a wake up call. This pass trip Mickey woke us up every morning. It was wonderful!

I love the wake up calls! Waking up in Disney is never a bad thing, but hearing the characters' voices first thing in the morning is the most magical way to wake up!

What a great thread- I totally needed to read this today.

"Have a magical day!" gets me every time and while it's not techinically WDW, hearing the horn of the Dream or Fantasy play 'When you Wish Upon a Star' is the one cheesy reason why we'll keep paying for Disney Cruises over other cruise lines, probably well into the future :goodvibes.

The legendary voice of Jack Wagner, voice of Disneyland and Disney parks, whose legacy still lives on every day.

He is well known for: "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, manténgase alejado de las puertas" and is responsible for many other spiels across Disney parks around the world. Having grown up around (and later working at) Disneyland, I was moved and excited the first time I heard his voice all the way across the country in Florida. It really just tied the history of the parks together and made me feel like WDW was my home too.

Okay, this is such a great thread. Last Sept we were at AK and my daughter and her 3 y.o. (My angel-baby-princess-gbaby) went to play for a bit in the Boneyard in Dinoland. I waited outside the play area just people watching, and I heard Randy Travis' "Diggin' up Bones" playing in the area. Omg, soooo cheesy! I loved it. It's such a ridiculous country song, edited to work in Dinoland.

Hearing "welcome home" at either YC or AKL is just awesome.

I also like ringing Disney and being told to have a magical day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter