What is that "cheesy" Disney detail that you love so much?

mickeymom22

DIS Veteran
My favorite "cheesy" Disney detail is the twinkly sidewalks in Epcot. I make my family walk (while I dance) over them whenever we leave Epcot at night!

A couple of years ago, we stayed in a royal room at POR, and I fell in love with the fireworks above the bed. I guess I am easily amused with fiber optics! :love:

My favorite is the ride queue music at Jungle Cruise. Maybe not cheesy in the way you were thinking of, but the jokes are VERY cheesy and kill me:
"Any travelers who may need to exchange foreign currency during their voyage needn’t worry. There are banks all along our rivers."

t's such a well-crafted soundtrack with era music and funny jokes from Albert Awol (the voice of the Jungle). I love it and listen to it all the time. It's a fun detail that gets you immersed in the world of the ride before you get on board!

My favorite is the ride queue music at Jungle Cruise. Maybe not cheesy in the way you were thinking of, but the jokes are VERY cheesy and kill me:
"Any travelers who may need to exchange foreign currency during their voyage needn’t worry. There are banks all along our rivers."

t's such a well-crafted soundtrack with era music and funny jokes from Albert Awol (the voice of the Jungle). I love it and listen to it all the time. It's a fun detail that gets you immersed in the world of the ride before you get on board!

Pretty much the entire Jungle Cruise is filled with cheesy bliss! I love the Albert Awol track (I have it downloaded) and all the jokes the skippers make.

My favorite Disney cheese though is the Tiki Room, particularly the jokes the bird's make at each other's expense:

Michael: "I sing so beautifull I should sing solo."
Jose: "Si, so low we can't hear you!"

Pierre: "My voice may not be so marvelous, but my profile is out of this world."
Fritz: "Jawohl, but the trouble is it's not far enough out of this world."

Last edited:
Pretty much the entire Jungle Cruise is filled with cheesy bliss! I love the Albert Awol track (I have it downloaded) and all the jokes the skippers make.

My favorite Disney cheese though is the Tiki Room, particularly the jokes the bird's make at each other's expense:

Michael: "I sing so beautifull I should sing solo.
Jose: "Si, so low we can't hear you!"

Pierre: "My voice may not be so marvelous, but my profile is out of this world."
Fritz: "Jawohl, but the trouble is it's not far enough out of this world."

I used to be a skipper :) So the entire Jungle Cruise is definitely my cheesy home! And I LOVE the Tiki Room. I'm an Adventureland gal.

The two finger point. It's not actually "cheesy" but to me it just screams "Disney CM." I love it. We walk around the park pointing things out to each other with two fingers on purpose.

My sister is a former CM (over 10 years ago), and she still to this day does the two finger point. Guess it's a hard habit to break. :)

My favorite "cheesy" Disney detail is the twinkly sidewalks in Epcot. I make my family walk (while I dance) over them whenever we leave Epcot at night!

A couple of years ago, we stayed in a royal room at POR, and I fell in love with the fireworks above the bed. I guess I am easily amused with fiber optics! :love:

This is certainly a magical touch I enjoy as well!

Love that, and also love the Ghost Host saying "Do not pull down on the safety bar. I will lower it for you". #magic
The first time I took my kid brother to WDW was to celebrate my 30th birthday and his high school graduation at age 21. He's special needs and it meant a lot to me to do this for him. He was (and still is) tickled pink by the Ghost Host helping with the lap bar!

My sister is a former CM (over 10 years ago), and she still to this day does the two finger point. Guess it's a hard habit to break. :)

So does DS, a former CM at DL. And the first day he was there, even before Traditions class, it became an immediate habit. Sort of ingrained.

The Mickey hands that the CMs wear at MCO for Disney Mgical's Express. It's always feels nice when I'm greeted by my first CM with a high 5 to a Mickey Glove.

disney-cast-member-mickey-hand.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter