What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

So if I am reading this correctly, if I go to get my car and NOT go to baggage claim, I stay on the 3rd floor, go into the parking garage, and in the garage go down to the rental car level?

Do you remember which level National is on? R1 or R2?

Thanks!:wizard:

You would go to level one (ground) in the terminal, this is where the car rental desks are. If you don't need to go to the desk then walk out the doors and across the street and National is right there by the elevators/stairs.

You would go to level one (ground) in the terminal, this is where the car rental desks are. If you don't need to go to the desk then walk out the doors and across the street and National is right there by the elevators/stairs.

I thought the instructions above were that when walking between the A Side and B Side garages, you have to remain on the 3rd Level?:confused:

I thought the instructions above were that when walking between the A Side and B Side garages, you have to remain on the 3rd Level?:confused:
You can only walk between A side and B side terminals on the 3rd level. In order to get to the garage for your rental car you have to take the escalator/elevator to the ground level on either side.

So if you're at the A side garage on the ground level, in order to get to the B side garage on the ground level you need to go back in the terminal and go to the 3rd level cross to the B side and take the escalator/elevator down to the ground level and go across the street to the B side garage. :)

Here's a link for the airport:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1998788

You can only walk between A side and B side terminals on the 3rd level. In order to get to the garage for your rental car you have to take the escalator/elevator to the ground level on either side.

So if you're at the A side garage on the ground level, in order to get to the B side garage on the ground level you need to go back in the terminal and go to the 3rd level cross to the B side and take the escalator/elevator down to the ground level and go across the street to the B side garage. :)

Here's a link for the airport:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1998788

Thanks Wanda! THAT is what I was looking for!:banana:

We picked up on Wed, 1/19 at around 10:30am. B side. There were mostly Impalas, one mini-van (think it was a Town/Country) and a few Ford Escapes. We took one of the Ford Escapes. :thumbsup2

Can someone tell me what the "AM EX Perk" is?

Some American Express customers were offered a free upgrade to Executive Level. I was offered it about a year and a half ago.... not sure if they have offered it since.

I was automatically renewed after the first year and I now expire at the end of Feb 2011. I have a March rental reserved so I will see if they renew me again or if I get bumped back to Emerald Aisle.

Duds

OK, question. I always use National, there are 4 in my family. We reserve full size, and have had great luck finding larger than full size in the full size aisle.

This trip is a choir trip, there will be 5 of us, trying to keep it cheap. Alamo is cheaper, I have $71 for a full size for 6 days. National is now coming down a bit, I could do Midsize for $80. Problem is I am not a risk taker, and am afraid we wouldnt' get something bigger like suv or van (which would clearly be more comfortable for 5 of us).

My question is, can I keep a reservation at each, and not use the Alamo one if I score at National. Or reverse, not use the National one if the EA is empty? Will I be charged anything? I don't believe Alamo even has any payment info from me, but National does.

Thanks!

OK, question. I always use National, there are 4 in my family. We reserve full size, and have had great luck finding larger than full size in the full size aisle.

This trip is a choir trip, there will be 5 of us, trying to keep it cheap. Alamo is cheaper, I have $71 for a full size for 6 days. National is now coming down a bit, I could do Midsize for $80. Problem is I am not a risk taker, and am afraid we wouldnt' get something bigger like suv or van (which would clearly be more comfortable for 5 of us).

My question is, can I keep a reservation at each, and not use the Alamo one if I score at National. Or reverse, not use the National one if the EA is empty? Will I be charged anything? I don't believe Alamo even has any payment info from me, but National does.

Thanks!

You never really know for sure. They have your info, and the literature states "penalty fee" for no show etc.. . But, it is up to each individual location whether they do it or not. The fee is probably a 1 day price thing.
:confused3

Can someone tell me what the "AM EX Perk" is?

The am ex perk: is if you are a platinum american express holder > they offer the executive asile as a perk. You do not need to maintain a certain amount of day, or rentals. It is an agreement with am ex and national. It is a perk for now, no idea or info on how long they will continue. Am ex told me, it is an extrememly popular perk, and they are happy with it. :wizard:

You never really know for sure. They have your info, and the literature states "penalty fee" for no show etc.. . But, it is up to each individual location whether they do it or not. The fee is probably a 1 day price thing.
:confused3

Ok, another angle, what if I cancel it from my smartphone from the garage at my pickup time. Do you think I would get charged then? I could move my pickup time on my reservation to a half hour later or so, to give myself time to check it out.

Some American Express customers were offered a free upgrade to Executive Level. I was offered it about a year and a half ago.... not sure if they have offered it since.

I was automatically renewed after the first year and I now expire at the end of Feb 2011. I have a March rental reserved so I will see if they renew me again or if I get bumped back to Emerald Aisle.

Duds

we're waiting too, do you think they'll advise in the Feb or March email?popcorn::

we're waiting too, do you think they'll advise in the Feb or March email?popcorn::

Most likely in Feb. We have not been upgraded to 28 Feb 2012 yet (the normal 40+ day rental). So there hasn't been any change to members' status yet.

Ok getting back to what this thread is REALLY for! Informing our fellow disers about what cars are on the aisle!

Sorry for the lateness. We were stuck for an extra day b/c of the snow storm in the northeast. Yeah I was really upset that I had to stay an extra day in WDW but someone has to do it!

When I arrived on 1/19 I went to the A side. My status is executive but I checked both sides. The emerald side has mostly sedans but as I walked further to the front of the aisle I saw what was some kind of Kia SUV. I dont know if it was a Sportage or what. On the exec side there were more vans and SUVs than cars. The vans were all Grand Caravans and the SUVs were all Dodge Nitros. The sedans were mostly Impalas although I did see a Hyundai or two. I chose the Nitro. Plenty of space in the back for luggage but is was basically a base model. No cruise or power seats. No steering wheel controls. It did have Sirius radio so that was a plus. Got pretty good mileage. Filled back up with about 1/3 of a tank left and I put 190 miles on the car while I had it. Not bad.

Good luck with your emerald car!

I am a firm believer that you should NOT hold two valid reservations. Although rental companies do assume a percentage of no shows it still can effect overall prices (increases them). Like airlines they use a formula of % of inventory rented to determine the base rate and as that % changes the prices go up and down.

Most agencies do not have fees, yet, and when they do, usually they are on specific vehicle classes like Minivans or Hertz Prestige Class. Now should they have cancellation policies, absolutely.

Ok, another angle, what if I cancel it from my smartphone from the garage at my pickup time. Do you think I would get charged then? I could move my pickup time on my reservation to a half hour later or so, to give myself time to check it out.

Most cancellation policies, when they apply require 24 hour notice. Again, I do not believe you should keep two reservations, choose the one that works for you and keep it. If another reservation works better, book it and then cancel the original.

I have been a Platinum cardholder and Emerald Club member for YEARS. No one has EVER informed me of this perk. I will be calling monday morning, and thanks for the info!:goodvibes

We dropped off our car yesterday around 1:00PM so stopped by Side A to take a peak since we were a tad early. The regular EA was only half full and had only sedans, both mid-size and full size. Nothing bigger than a sedan in the EA on Side A. However, if you're an Executive Aisle member there was alot to choose from. Pretty much what we saw when we picked up 2 weeks ago. Grand Marquis, Lincoln Towncar, 300, Taurus, Nitro, Caravan, Suburan, and 4 Ford Expeditions (we have never seen an Expedition on the Ex. Aisle). We were excited, too bad we were just peaking and not picking up. But no Siennas this time. When we picked up there were a few Siennas. We will be back on May 2nd.

We dropped off our car yesterday around 1:00PM so stopped by Side A to take a peak since we were a tad early. The regular EA was only half full and had only sedans, both mid-size and full size. Nothing bigger than a sedan in the EA on Side A. However, if you're an Executive Aisle member there was alot to choose from. Pretty much what we saw when we picked up 2 weeks ago. Grand Marquis, Lincoln Towncar, 300, Taurus, Nitro, Caravan, Suburan, and 4 Ford Expeditions (we have never seen an Expedition on the Ex. Aisle). We were excited, too bad we were just peaking and not picking up. But no Siennas this time. When we picked up there were a few Siennas. We will be back on May 2nd.

hi n2mm

guess it all depends when one is there picking up...

we picked up sunday and only as you stated, when we returned monday to exchange the sonata we had, the aisle and ex aisle had many smaller crossover suvs eg edge nitro santa fe jeep (big one) actual jeepy type vehicle etc...we took a toyota vensa (never seen that one before ) as our exchange....

flash forward three hours, we are back exchanging due to chipped windshield we found on passenger side of vehicle,

emerald had all sorts of vans, ex aisle seemed only to have vans and very large suvs expeditions, tahoes, suburbans....you get the picture

thus, it all depends when you are checking in....but i would not expect 'high demand times' like upcoming presidents week to have 'larger' vehicles on the aisles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter