What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

Thanks for keeping this going. We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow, so will post then.

When you book for ex. aisle do you put in for a full size car and it goes to EA ex. or just says EA and you know to go to that line?
I have a ressie for EA and just got upgraded, wondering if I will need to change it?

thanks, mky

When you book for ex. aisle do you put in for a full size car and it goes to EA ex. or just says EA and you know to go to that line?
I have a ressie for EA and just got upgraded, wondering if I will need to change it?

thanks, mky

When I book my Exec Aisle selection, I first book mid-size and check the price, then I switch via the car selection to full size and make sure it's the same price (sometimes the website is quirky and it's not the same, but most of the time it is). If the price is the same, then I select that. When you get your confirmation the top part will now say Executive Selection (instead of Emerald Aisle Selection). BTW, I would only change if it doesn't effect your price. Did they send you a new membership card? I always carry ours and give it to the rep at the Kiosk just so they know that we are Exec Aisle, even though my account shows it too.

Congratulations on your upgrade. Did you upgrade via alot of rental days or did you use the Am.X perk? I'm old school and have always gotten my upgrades by renting 40+ days a year....

Alright I know that this is the 2011 thread but most of my trip was 2011 although I picked up on Dec 30 2010 so please accept my post.

:flower3:

Dec 30 2010 Side A was bare! Less than 10 cars there, probably only 5 due to the holiday season. I asked the employee who was radioing for more cars to be brought over.

They were all boring boats - ie: Impala & Malibu.

I walked over to Alamo and used my ressie there since it was $100 less.

Here's to hoping that the emerald aisle sees some exciting new cars this year!

Alright I know that this is the 2011 thread but most of my trip was 2011 although I picked up on Dec 30 2010 so please accept my post.

:flower3:

Dec 30 2010 Side A was bare! Less than 10 cars there, probably only 5 due to the holiday season. I asked the employee who was radioing for more cars to be brought over.

They were all boring boats - ie: Impala & Malibu.

I walked over to Alamo and used my ressie there since it was $100 less.

Here's to hoping that the emerald aisle sees some exciting new cars this year!

Belle,

Did you get charged a no-show fee from National, or did you cancel the reservation?

Belle,

Did you get charged a no-show fee from National, or did you cancel the reservation?

Hi, to my knowledge I have not been charged a no-show fee. I did not cancel my National ressie.

The same man was the managing lot attendant for Alamo and National. I spoke to him in the National lot and asked if there would be any more cars and he mentioned that there would but I would have to wait 5-10 mins as they were working on bringing some over. I told him that I also had an Alamo ressie at a better rate so for a boring car I would probably just use my Alamo ressie. He was really helpful in asking me what types of cars I liked and making a recommendation. I then walked back into the terminal to go to the Alamo kiosk to check in to my Alamo ressie (which was really quick!!). I then proceeded to the Alamo garage and the same managing lot attendant was there and helped me select a car that I liked from the Alamo aisle.

I probably should have cancelled the National ressie but since the lot attendant didn't mention anything and the car rental model of business forecasts for no-shows hopefully nobody loses sleep. ;)

I know that some companies do charge a no-show fee though so always best to fully read the terms and conditions!

Arrived this morning at 850, walked to the A side, lots of Impalas, Malibus and Altimas. Decided to go to B side, since, I was looking for an suv or minivan and I scored a Ford Edge!! Love it, Sirius radio, rear sensor, radio controls on steering wheel, love it. There was also a Kia Sorrento, Impalas, Malibus and Altimas.

This has probably been answered somewhere else and of course its just based on people opinion of what kind of cars they like, but I am wondering whether people have had better luck on side A or B with nicer cars.
Thanks, Eric

This has probably been answered somewhere else and of course its just based on people opinion of what kind of cars they like, but I am wondering whether people have had better luck on side A or B with nicer cars.
Thanks, Eric

Not really a difference. We too have done the trek from side A to side B, then back to side A. It all depends on your airline to which side your luggage comes in. We've been very lucky in 2010 on Side A. But in 2009 we rented 6 times from MCO and never managed anything larger than a full size (Ford Taurus), and that is from both the Executive and Emerald Aisles. Next weekend will be my first rental for 2011, so I'll post back what we find. But it's only the 2 of us, so we don't really "need" anything. We did really enjoy the Edge the last time we got that. It was perfect for the 2 of us.

When I book my Exec Aisle selection, I first book mid-size and check the price, then I switch via the car selection to full size and make sure it's the same price (sometimes the website is quirky and it's not the same, but most of the time it is). If the price is the same, then I select that. When you get your confirmation the top part will now say Executive Selection (instead of Emerald Aisle Selection). BTW, I would only change if it doesn't effect your price. Did they send you a new membership card? I always carry ours and give it to the rep at the Kiosk just so they know that we are Exec Aisle, even though my account shows it too.

Congratulations on your upgrade. Did you upgrade via alot of rental days or did you use the Am.X perk? I'm old school and have always gotten my upgrades by renting 40+ days a year....

We have missed the ex aisle by 3 rental days for the past 3 years. So yes, did the Am ex perk. Last year I almost rented a car at home to just get the perk, found out about the am ex card and did it through upgrading the am ex. instead. I haven't gotten the paper work yet but am excited about it. If your ressie does not say ex selection can you still take from either side as long as you have your card showing you have the ex.aisle privilage? Or, must it be on your ressie?

Thanks so much, mky:cutie:

We have missed the ex aisle by 3 rental days for the past 3 years. So yes, did the Am ex perk. Last year I almost rented a car at home to just get the perk, found out about the am ex card and did it through upgrading the am ex. instead. I haven't gotten the paper work yet but am excited about it. If your ressie does not say ex selection can you still take from either side as long as you have your card showing you have the ex.aisle privilage? Or, must it be on your ressie?

Thanks so much, mky:cutie:

I don't know. With the way the fares change all of the time, hopefully you'll be able to get a new lower fare resulting in a change/rebooking. Does your account (in the upper left hand side of the screen) now say Executive? You could call. I would be too chicken to try myself. We got burned once when we took a vehicle off the aisle that had not been marked for the aisle and got charge a HUGE amount which took us nearly 1/2 hour to straighten out at the counter and get refunded. We lost our Exec level about 5 years ago by ONE DAY. I always count, but I guess my whole day (over 2 hours) was not a whole day for them. I would've rented a car from Dulles for a couple of days if I had known. Now they at least give us updates which helps. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

My reservation confirmation lists my Emerald Club #, but does not actually say Emerald Aisle or Emerald Executive at all. According to my profile my Emerald Excutive should expire 2/28/11 so we are planning on using it for our trip in early February.

I've rented a full-size car using my Emerald ID, but not sure how to confirm that I can use Emerald Executive aisle??????????????????

My reservation confirmation lists my Emerald Club #, but does not actually say Emerald Aisle or Emerald Executive at all. According to my profile my Emerald Excutive should expire 2/28/11 so we are planning on using it for our trip in early February.

I've rented a full-size car using my Emerald ID, but not sure how to confirm that I can use Emerald Executive aisle??????????????????

It doesn't say in the confirmations I get to my email account, but do on the confirmation I pull up under "my itineraries" after you log into the Emer. club. See example below

Reservation Details Name ROBERT A
Email Address ######@###.###
Emerald Club # ########
Level Of Service Executive Selection

Base Rate - Fullsize (USD)
(1) Time & Distance ($159.89/Week) $159.89
(5) Extra - Time & Distance ($22.84/Day) $114.20
(1) Extra - Time & Distance ($11.42/Hour) $11.42
Discount ($57.10)

I've also book a premier car for a Dulles airport pickup and did not book via Executive Selection (not much at Dulles to choose from, plus using a free day).

Reservation Details Name ROBERT A
Email Address ######@###.###
Emerald Club # ########
Level Of Service Emerald Reserve

We have reserved a Full Size and are Emerald Club members. In other airports, there are "aisles" for the different types of vehicles (Intermediate, Full Size, Full Size SUV, etc.) - does MCO do this? Or do they only have Emerald Aisle for Intermediates?

We have reserved a Full Size and are Emerald Club members. In other airports, there are "aisles" for the different types of vehicles (Intermediate, Full Size, Full Size SUV, etc.) - does MCO do this? Or do they only have Emerald Aisle for Intermediates?

They have all selections. Generally when you first enter there is one side marked Emerald Aisle and across from it there is Executive Aisle, then you will see the indiviual aisles marked too (full size, SUV, minivan). If you book via one of the aisles you go straight there and choose a car. If you book a specific size you can go straight to that aisle and choose the color and make you desire (this is called Emerald Reserve when you book a specific catagory).

I have booked Emerald Reserve, Standard SUV at Tampa. I am a little confused. If I understand correctly, I can choose any of the SUVs that are in the section of standard SUVs. If I wanted something different, can I change to a different car type?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter