What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

I have booked Emerald Reserve, Standard SUV at Tampa. I am a little confused. If I understand correctly, I can choose any of the SUVs that are in the section of standard SUVs. If I wanted something different, can I change to a different car type?

Yes, you are set to take any standard suv there. If you change your car type they might change your price and make you negiotiate at the counter?
I have never done this outside, of down grading to a smaller car and it was to there benefit to take that deal but they did not give me a cheaper price.

I have been a member of National's Emerald program for a long time but I never used it as I always found a better deal with Alamo. This time I got a good deal from National for a Standard size. I didn't book it with the Emerald Club ID# but with a different IS & Coupon code. Can I still choose from the Emerald Aisle if I have my EA card to show at the gate? :confused3

Shel, Call National and tell them you want to add your Emerald number to your reservation. They should change your status to Emerald Aisle instead of counter. Your rate should stay the same. I did this with my first National res., since I booked before knowing about Emerald Club.

You could also try modifying the res. online, but I'm always scared I'm going to screw up a good rate!

Shel, Call National and tell them you want to add your Emerald number to your reservation. They should change your status to Emerald Aisle instead of counter. Your rate should stay the same. I did this with my first National res., since I booked before knowing about Emerald Club.

You could also try modifying the res. online, but I'm always scared I'm going to screw up a good rate!

So I can use still use Emerald Aisle even though I booked a standard instead of intermediate?

Sorry, I misread your post. If you booked a standard you can't select from Emerald Aisle.

Actually, I had this question answered for me last week. Yes you can use Emerald Aisle, but there will be a specific "Standard" aisle. I've done this before at other airports, but what people are talking about here is booking "Intermediate" and seeing what's on that aisle (because sometimes you get something bigger or better than Intermediate).

Actually, I had this question answered for me last week. Yes you can use Emerald Aisle, but there will be a specific "Standard" aisle. I've done this before at other airports, but what people are talking about here is booking "Intermediate" and seeing what's on that aisle (because sometimes you get something bigger or better than Intermediate).

I think you mean "Emerald Reserve". That is when you book a specific size car and choose that car w/o stopping at the counter.

Arrived yesterday (Jan 15th) at MCO National EA B Side. Lot was full! Had lots of Impalias, about 10 mid-size SUVs (Ford Escape size), and even a couple of mini-vans. Just DW and I so we snagged a Ford Escape.

My turn. Arrived today at noon side A and both sides of the aisle were full. On the regular Emer. Aisle they had a nice selection. The normal sedans and a couple of minivans (T&C) and just one or two SUV (Ford Escape and Jeep). Over on the Executive Aisle they were very full too. Many Seinnas, a Lincoln towncar, lots of grand marqu., 300, chargers, taurus, a couple of SUVs. We first thought of taking the towncar, but it didn't have an auto door openner (we think the key was a replacement), so we ventured to the second section and we found more of the same, but decided to take the Ford Edge, as it was just the 2 of us and we liked the edge last time. So another good selection. I was a little nervous that they might be picked over since it's a holiday weekend. I ended up paying $237 after taxes and fees for a 2 week rental. I'll catch up after my long TWO week visit here in WDW!

What does "A" side and "B" side mean? Does it refer to totally different parking garages at MCO depending on which airline you fly?

We have a car reserved with EA. Will be arriving on Wed (1/19) around 10:30am on Airtran.

What does "A" side and "B" side mean? Does it refer to totally different parking garages at MCO depending on which airline you fly?

We have a car reserved with EA. Will be arriving on Wed (1/19) around 10:30am on Airtran.

Yes, there is a National pickup in the garage attached to each terminal [A & B]. You are, of course free to roam the garages, should you so desire, to find the *best* car.

Orlando airport has two sides (terminals) A and B. You can walk between terminal A and B on the 3rd level where the ticketing, security and foodcourt and shops are. But when you go to get your luggage you go down to the 2nd level on the side or terminal that you come in to. Airtran is on Terminal B side. So you go to B baggage claim on the 2nd level. From there you go down another level to the car rental counters. You pick your vehicle up from the parking garage across the one-way street outside that level.
There is a separate parking garage for side A and B, both are just the same.
Some people check out the side they come in on and if they don't see anything they want on that side they go back to the 3rd level and cross to the other side and down to the parking garage there to see what's available. ( Once you leave the 3 rd level of the terminal you can't get from side A to side B. You have to return to the 3rd level to do this. ) Clear as mud?? :laughing:
Map of the terminals: http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/images/maps/airline_locations.pdf

Yes, there is a National pickup in the garage attached to each terminal [A & B]. You are, of course free to roam the garages, should you so desire, to find the *best* car.

:thumbsup2

Orlando airport has two sides (terminals) A and B. You can walk between terminal A and B on the 3rd level where the ticketing, security and foodcourt and shops are. But when you go to get your luggage you go down to the 2nd level on the side or terminal that you come in to. Airtran is on Terminal B side. So you go to B baggage claim on the 2nd level. From there you go down another level to the car rental counters. You pick your vehicle up from the parking garage across the one-way street outside that level.
Some people check out the side they come in on and if they don't see anything they want on that side they go back to the 3rd level and cross to the other side and down to the parking garage there to see what's available. ( Once you leave the 3 rd level of the terminal you can't get from side A to side B. You have to return to the 3rd level to do this. ) Clear as mud?? :laughing:
Map of the terminals: http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/images/maps/airline_locations.pdf

Thanks! I think I got it! :thumbsup2

I actually rented through EA last November for the first time. Don't know what side I was on because I didn't realize there was 2 sides (flew Jetblue) but we really scored . . . . The worker told us to take anything off the Emerald Aisle OR the Executive Aisle!! :banana: We scored a Chevy Tahoe!
Hoping to get a great car again!

My turn. Arrived today at noon side A and both sides of the aisle were full. On the regular Emer. Aisle they had a nice selection. The normal sedans and a couple of minivans (T&C) and just one or two SUV (Ford Escape and Jeep). Over on the Executive Aisle they were very full too. Many Seinnas, a Lincoln towncar, lots of grand marqu., 300, chargers, taurus, a couple of SUVs. We first thought of taking the towncar, but it didn't have an auto door openner (we think the key was a replacement), so we ventured to the second section and we found more of the same, but decided to take the Ford Edge, as it was just the 2 of us and we liked the edge last time. So another good selection. I was a little nervous that they might be picked over since it's a holiday weekend. I ended up paying $237 after taxes and fees for a 2 week rental. I'll catch up after my long TWO week visit here in WDW!

Thanks for the through update. Have a great time

:thumbsup2

Thanks! I think I got it! :thumbsup2

I actually rented through EA last November for the first time. Don't know what side I was on because I didn't realize there was 2 sides (flew Jetblue) but we really scored . . . . The worker told us to take anything off the Emerald Aisle OR the Executive Aisle!! :banana: We scored a Chevy Tahoe!
Hoping to get a great car again!

The baggage claim area for JetBlue is on the A side. So, if you had checked luggage, you probably went to the A side garage to pick out your Tahoe.

Dick Taylor

So if I am reading this correctly, if I go to get my car and NOT go to baggage claim, I stay on the 3rd floor, go into the parking garage, and in the garage go down to the rental car level?

Do you remember which level National is on? R1 or R2?

Thanks!:wizard:

So if I am reading this correctly, if I go to get my car and NOT go to baggage claim, I stay on the 3rd floor, go into the parking garage, and in the garage go down to the rental car level?
Thanks!:wizard:

You can do that but I think it's easier just to go down to the 1st floor in the terminal, walk outside and go across the road to the garage. National is located to the right as you walk into the garage.

Dick Taylor

Here's what was on the Emerald Aisle, on Jan 15th around 1:00 pm. B Side:
Many Impalas, Several Malibu's, 3 different Jeep products ( one Larado, a Compass, and something else) A Kia SUV. A Sebring, another chrylser product car... 3 Lincoln Town Cars, A Toyota Camry, One Chev Equinox ( We chose this) I think that's about it, no vans... :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter