What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

Saturday Oct. 22 at 11:15am

Side A - mostly sedans, one wagon (Volvo XC70), no SUVs, no mini-vans

Side B - mostly sedans, one small SUV (Jeep Liberty), no mini-vans

The sedans were the usual mix of Impalas, Camrys, Malibus, Chrylser 200, Avengers, a few Hyundai Sonatas, a couple Crown Victorias, and a couple Fusions. I took a 2012 Malibu with only 832 miles on it. *new car smell* :goodvibes

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup2
You're welcome!

Checked the EA quickly after dropping off my car today, Oct. 26 at 5pm. There was a WIDE selection on side B, including 3 Town & Country mini-vans. There were also some smaller SUVs including Jeep Compass, Nissan Rogue, Dodge Nitro. Saw one large SUV, a Jeep but couldn't tell the model. The sedan selection was also better than when I picked up. Saw a couple Altimas and Mazda 626s. I would have loved to have one of those instead of the Malibu.

Good luck to all those picking up cars for their upcoming trip! :goodvibes

We picked up our car on 10/23 from the A side around 10 a.m. No mini vans on the EA, but a lot of Impalas and other sedans, a scattering of Explorers and other SUV types, and a few Chrysler 200 s convertibles, which is what we took as it was just the two of us! Driving around all week with the top down was HEAVEN :cloud9: and got it for under $200 total for Sunday- Friday.

Today Victor Martinez (catcher for the Detroit Tigers) was on the EA. :) Of course, I had NO idea who he was and I was teasing him about his Hummer(his own car) looking like a tank ready for war. Really nice guy, very personable and quite handsome.

Came in on Sunday at 2:30pm on A side. Lots of sedans and two Jeep Liberty SUVs. I took one of those and it has been a good car.

Came in on a Saturday back in October around 3pm on B side. Had reserved a mini-van. Lots of caravans and a handful of Town and Country vans. We got a really nice one with less than 500 miles and really enjoyed having it for the week. The row was packed and this low-mileage one was the last van in the row. Almost didn't walk down that far but glad I did.

So if I want to rent a min-van (I need 7 seats), then I need to book a min-van, right?

I keep reading that there are no mini-vans available on the EA and that makes me a little nervous. What if they're gone when we arrive? Then what? Is that even possible?

Arriving 12/2 are there usually any 2 dr cars on the Emerald Aisle at MCO?

Most of the vehicles are 4 door cars. Exceptions: Beetles, convertables, camaros, mustangs and a few others. Never can tell if one of those will be on the aisle.

So if I want to rent a min-van (I need 7 seats), then I need to book a min-van, right?

I keep reading that there are no mini-vans available on the EA and that makes me a little nervous. What if they're gone when we arrive? Then what? Is that even possible?

If you need a mini van, then book one, don't bank on a mini van being on the aisle. It is very rare to see a mini van on the aisle.

Came in on Sunday at 2:30pm on A side. Lots of sedans and two Jeep Liberty SUVs. I took one of those and it has been a good car.

Came in on a Saturday back in October around 3pm on B side. Had reserved a mini-van. Lots of caravans and a handful of Town and Country vans. We got a really nice one with less than 500 miles and really enjoyed having it for the week. The row was packed and this low-mileage one was the last van in the row. Almost didn't walk down that far but glad I did.

Rereading my post, it might be a little confusing. The first paragraph I used the Emerald Aisle and selected the Jeep from the EA. In the second paragraph I had reserved a mini-van, and selected the Town and Country can from the Emerald Reserve/Van aisle.

On Saturday (12/3) morning there were a lot of Impalas, a Ford Escape, some Camrys, a Mazda (not sure of model) and a few others such vehicles on both the A and B sides in the Aisle. Not a particularly broad range of vehicles but enough to be able to make a choice. We picked one of the Impalas.

Dick Taylor

On Saturday (12/3) morning there were a lot of Impalas, a Ford Escape, some Camrys, a Mazda (not sure of model) and a few others such vehicles on both the A and B sides in the Aisle.

That same morning, we found a Mitsubishi Eclipse on the B side.

Came in about 8 pm on the 10th. Both Exec and regular EM were fairly full. Exec had a single Hyundi SUV, lots of impalas and an Altima. The regular aisle seemed to have a better selection, including a Yukon and a sweet fully loaded Durango with less than 9,000 miles on it...after verifying we could "downgrade" to regular Em, we took the Durango. Very pleased with it and absolutely tickled we only paid $118 from the 10th - 19th for it!

Came in about 8 pm on the 10th. Both Exec and regular EM were fairly full. Exec had a single Hyundi SUV, lots of impalas and an Altima. The regular aisle seemed to have a better selection, including a Yukon and a sweet fully loaded Durango with less than 9,000 miles on it...after verifying we could "downgrade" to regular Em, we took the Durango. Very pleased with it and absolutely tickled we only paid $118 from the 10th - 19th for it!

Congratulations! Yes that is one of the nice perks of being an Executive Level Member -- that you can choose from the Executive Aisle and the Emerald Aisle. We'll be back next month, so will post my find in January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter